• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Do you want a Resident Evil 4 remake?

Do you want to see a Resident Evil 4 remake someday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So apparently yesterday there were some leaks discovered of the games that Capcom will be working on and releasing over the next 4 years, and RE4 remake is one of them, along with 2 other RE games which I assume will be spin offs. Looks like it is happening after all! #daretodream ?

Of course, nothing is official, because it hasn't been confirmed, but I have a good feeling about it! Sorry to the naysayers! ?

Last edited:
So apparently yesterday there were some leaks discovered of the games that Capcom will be working on and releasing over the next 4 years, and RE4 remake is one of them, along with 2 other RE games which I assume will be spin offs. Looks like it is happening after all! #daretodream ?

Of course, nothing is official, because it hasn't been confirmed, but I have a good feeling about it! Sorry to the naysayers! ?

I counted three games...

"Outrage".
"Hank".
"Apocalypse".

So... why is there no planned CVX remake!? Oh, well. To that, I say **** Capcom then. ?

Last edited:
I counted 3

I counted three games...

"Outrage".
"Hank".
"Apocalypse".

So... why is there no planned CVX remake!? Oh, well. To that, I say **** Capcom then. ?
"Apocalypse" has "Biohazard" in front of it, so that one is probably some sort of Japanese exclusive.

I'm guessing "Outrage" is the rumored battle royale style game, since it's apparently coming out in Q4 2021, which matches the September 2021 date from that one Gamespot article.

"Hank" is set for 2024, which is quite a long time from now. It could be RE9!

And it looks like no CV remake indeed. Can't say I'm that dissapointed since I don't really care much for the game. I do wonder why Capcom ignores it, though. They've never really seemed to show it as much love as the numbered titles in the main series. They must see it as a lowly spin-off, unworthy of getting the remake treatment.

The other day I dug up my old Nintendo 3DS from my closet and played Mercenaries 3D for a bit. Personally I think it'd be cool if they remade that game for PS/Xbox/PC with new graphics and gameplay, and also more characters and arenas.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of many of the remakes, but RE2 Remake was just perfect for me. I imagine RE4 Remake will use the same exact engine, because it's pretty much what RE4 was, under the RE2 skin.

All they have to do is keep the whole game 100% intact, or the game will not sell very well. The demand is there. In fact, if you look around on youtube, you'd know that there is a group of developers working on their own take of the remake.

My only issue with RE4 was the inverted directional control. I mean, I got used to it, but it was a bit frustrating at times. I've been playing the game on my PS4 for a while now. Love it.

Capcom doesn't need to do much with RE4 Remake. But I have a feeling they'll censor some things here and there.

I have the original on GameCube. I got it the day it was out. Awesome game.

Last edited:
The GameCube game is better than the PS4 version, despite the additional content the PS2 port gained. They downgraded the graphics. ?

Are you Carlos from devilmaycry.org? That's too bad about the RE thread. Not everybody was messing it up.

Man, I knew I had seen your name before. Being of course that Carlos is a character in RE3. So I wasn't mistaken. ?

The GameCube game is better than the PS4 version, despite the additional content the PS2 port gained. They downgraded the graphics. ?

Are you Carlos from devilmaycry.org? That's too bad about the RE thread. Not everybody was messing it up.

Man, I knew I had seen your name before
. Being of course that Carlos is a character in RE3. So I wasn't mistaken. ?
The very same Carlos. :D

Like, I wouldn't say I am keen for a RE4 remake, but the controls do need a fine tuning up for the modern market. It's like in 2005, Capcom forgot to make our characters move around. But it's 2020. Now it's possible. ?

Well this blows dick. :/

So M-Two wanted to redeem themselves after RE3R, and now Capcom are the ones that want to fuck it up. Disappoint. Now I'm having second thoughts about this.
It's not all bad, Capcom DID the RE2 Remake. [Wikipedia] What it sounds like "M-Two" didn't do the RE4 remake justice. We had a "remaster" already, so "M-Two" was not the right people for the remake. I say, let Capcom do RE4 Remake, especially if the same team behind RE2 remake is behind the project, let them do it. But I am not holding faith in the remake because you know they will censor the game in some way or at least remove some content. That's what I'm more worried about.

It's not all bad, Capcom DID the RE2 Remake. [Wikipedia] What it sounds like "M-Two" didn't do the RE4 remake justice. We had a "remaster" already, so "M-Two" was not the right people for the remake. I say, let Capcom do RE4 Remake, especially if the same team behind RE2 remake is behind the project, let them do it. But I am not holding faith in the remake because you know they will censor the game in some way or at least remove some content. That's what I'm more worried about.
Now that I think about it, that could be true. I guess maybe it's better to rely on them rather than on M-Two after what they did with RE3R. They are claiming that they want to redeem themselves but who knows if they can be trusted. RE2R did cut out and change a lot of stuff but it is closer to the original than RE3R. I too am worried about the "unique takes" that Capcom has in mind for the project. I hope they don't go too overboard with changing and or cutting things out. Although I am curious as to what new things they'll bring in.

Honestly, I just hope they don't cut out any major settings or characters. There's a Spanish-language video out there on youtube that talks about a rumor that Krauser and Ada are not going to be in it. I doubt that this is true, seeing as they are both pretty important to the story, but if it is, then god damn, I will hate them so much for doing that.

In the end, though, even if the remake sucks, we'll still always have the original. Well, the fans who like it, anyway. The ones that don't are probably going to hate the remake even worse haha.

Well, I think at this rate, they would be as well to remake the remake. Didn't they hint about doing that before?

Anyway, remaking RE4 and cutting out a plethora of content really would make for an underwhelming experience. And while RE4 isn't especially fantastic in my opinion, I know a lot of fans feel it doesn't need a remake. You would never hear the end of it if Capcom botches it up. Considering all of the stuff they omitted from the prior remakes, I cannot see everything making it in.

Sometimes, people have to start sticking it to Capcom. Why stay silent on these type of matters? In all honesty, they need to stop going back to 1998 and other years, this frequently. The series is a mess because of this confusing approach.

Well, I think at this rate, they would be as well to remake the remake. Didn't they hint about doing that before?

Anyway, remaking RE4 and cutting out a plethora of content really would make for an underwhelming experience. And while RE4 isn't especially fantastic in my opinion, I know a lot of fans feel it doesn't need a remake. You would never hear the end of it if Capcom botches it up. Considering all of the stuff they omitted from the prior remakes, I cannot see everything making it in.

Sometimes, people have to start sticking it to Capcom. Why stay silent on these type of matters? In all honesty, they need to stop going back to 1998 and other years, this frequently. The series is a mess because of this confusing approach.
I honestly don’t care what they do with REmake 4 as long as it’s good. I certainly won’t miss most of the island sections if they decide to cut them out. The Regenerators, It (U-3), Krauser fights should all be in the remake. Stuff like Ashley driving the bulldozer and Ada taking down an entire fleet of ships make me hate the game. Those action packed moments feel out of place for a game that starts you out in a small village.

Last edited:
View attachment 1318

Found this recently.

Source:

Looks like M2 are big fans of the Last of Us, you can even see a bloody firefly image on the house. I’m so happy they were taken off the project, Capcom outsourcing MAINLINE remakes has to be one of the dumbest things they have ever done next to closing down Clover Studios. I guess “modernizing” for today’s audience means writing F tier levels of dialogue where the hero yells fuck in every sentence.

Top Bottom