• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Do you want a Resident Evil 4 remake?

Do you want to see a Resident Evil 4 remake someday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I still have a very slight of hope that re4 remake news are nonsense lie and capcom isnt actually considering to remake the game. Someone could have understand some news wrong and spread false info.

If capcom releases re4 remake then ı think ı'll leave the franchise forever.

Yeah. I'm hoping it's false too. But knowing how greedy Capcom is, it could be possible. I think they see RE4 as being highly profitable.

Last edited:
Like it or not RE4 is an old game in dire need of remake, or at very least Bluepoint styled remaster.

Can't wait to see what they did with it next year.

I mean RE4 in the RE engine with updated controls and a new twist on some of the awesome boss fights would be worth playing through for sure plus RE4 has some of the best replay value on the series.

It's probably gonna heavily refer back to Nemesis. It probably won't feel quite as cheesy either.

Anyway, when is all the console news meant to be happening this year?

I would rather they remake code veronica instead. RE4 just doesn't need remaking in my opinion. And yet, as Capcom well know, I will probably buy it regardless.

On another note I really hope they bring back characters such as Claire, Jill, Billy, Rebecca etc in future games. Getting a bit sick of Chris by now...

I would rather they remake code veronica instead. RE4 just doesn't need remaking in my opinion. And yet, as Capcom well know, I will probably buy it regardless.

On another note I really hope they bring back characters such as Claire, Jill, Billy, Rebecca etc in future games. Getting a bit sick of Chris by now...
I never found Chris especially interesting as a character despite Capcom doubling down on his development and struggles. The other main cast of characters should be in the spotlight.

Anyway, REmake 4 does sound more interesting storywise. The village and most of the castle were the games main strengths tbh, save for a few noteworthy enemies encountered later in the game. I wouldn’t mind if they cut the island out entirely and add concepts from 3.5 into the castle for a more horror vibe.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Re4 leon: No thanks, bro!

Re4 remake / reimagining hybrid leon: No fucking thanks, you fucking bro!

( Leon encounters saddler at the end )

Re4: Better try new trick, cause that one's getting old!

( Leon encounters saddler in nest 3 )

Re4 remake / reimagining hybrid leon: Better try new fucking trick, cause that one's getting fucking old!

Well, I talk to Michael Does Life a lot about the RE4 remake, and we both agree that there's no point to the game being done at all. In fact, what they need to do is the CVX remake, then drop the remakes, especially since RE3 was so dumbed down and mundane. This 'being stuck in the past' mentality with Capcom just ain't healthy. Yeah, RE4 is just fine as it is. It's also why we got so many third person shooters kidding on they are survival horror titles.

To remake that game, suggests it's a cash grab. Who knows? Maybe they can give sub-villains a more detailed back story, somehow.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I'll wait for CODE: Veronica and I have no interest in buying RE4 Remake... I've already told that before and I keep my word, this unnecessary remake made me abandon Remakes for good, don't really care about anymore Remakes until CODE: Veronica comes out and I'm just here for Village. Unless maybe 15 years from now I might consider trying out RE4 Remake lol

And yes, CODE: Veronica Remake is very much still possible. As I posted before, Monique Alves from Resident Evil Database has a reliable source who told her CODE: Veronica Remake is being heavily considered and could very well be greenlit after production on Village ceases. This goes in line with what Dusk Golem said to me personally about CODE: Veronica still being possible after development on RE8 reaches a conclusion (he told me it wasn't just speculation from his part but somehow "educated" speculation) Dusk knows more than what he's telling.
On top of that, Monique managed to chat privately with Dusk about RE8 and according to her, Dusk Golem said the exact same thing as she told us about CODE: Veronica Remake without Monique even touching the subject... Coincidence?

The only strange thing is that RE4 Remake is coming out first (for whatever reason). But CODE: Veronica has some pretty good chances after Village. We all know how this community works and I believe a few months after the release of Village we will have leaks about CODE: Veronica lol

Forgot to point this out, according to Dusk and Monique's talk there are 3 RE games currently in development:

- Village: Resident Evil (2021);
- RE4 Remake (2022 apparently and I still don't give a shit);
- Unknown RE game (2023???)

After Village ceases production, CODE: Veronica is the likely candidate to take its place. That's all and let's hope Village delivers and that CODE: Veronica gets the remake it deserves.
Might be a good thing, let M-Two take charge of RE4 (it is unnecessary after all haha) and DEV1 handles CV! ;)

Last edited:
I don't care about remakes in general. They really aren't doing a good job without Shinji Mikami.

When he made the first game again in the early 2000s, the man did it to fulfill his original ambition, made impossible due to the PlayStation's limitations. Now hardware is better and yet, games take a nosedive in quality. It's so incredibly sad.

I feel like Capcom are just milking the series. It's sad that they cannot move past 1998. OK, we understand that is the golden age of the survival horror genre. But there's a future out there. It's just a tad bit ridiculous that they cannot code crows and spiders in 2020, yet they did it in such a convincing way back in 1996. It just doesn't add up. ?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I would rather they wont do any more weird remake / reimagining mash-ups that dont know what they want to be. Recv is already available on modern platforms; ı think they only need to port it to pc. Though ı wished capcom made og re1, re2 and re3 more accessible; it's not easy to access them. Thankfully ı learned their existance and the way to play them in the most right time possible.

Saw this comment on youtube and ı agree with it:

" Honestly the whole “reimagining” angle just seems like a way of excusing cut or unnecessarily changed content. Neither remake does enough new or creative stuff to really pass as a reimagining to me. This is my biggest problem with these remakes, they simply refuse to pick a direction, they try to stay faithful one minute while cutting something and doing their own different thing the next moment. Either faithfully remake these games, or use them as a template to make something almost completely different, this wishy washy middle ground is just so annoying at this point. "

One of the reasons why they shouldnt remake / reimagine recv is imo the chronicles section for it is pretty good. Sure not as polished as re2's but still ı really enjoyed it and it holds up for me. I can use some parts of it as replacement for some parts of recv. Not to mention; re2 2019 and re3 2020 arent even canon; they are reimagining / revisiting; which means they are grey canon. This would automatically apply to other games if they are planned to get remade / reimagined; it feels pointless to go through those 2 games other than " nostalgia " . Again og re2 and re3 are the canon ones; re2 2019 and re3 2020 dont add / improve that much and instead cut more than adding / improving. This is a shame since according to most of the public; they are " replacing " the og games automatically due to being called " Resident evil 2 " and " Resident evil 3 " . ( Where's the nemesis subtitle btw? )

Oh and re2 2019 dont even connect to recv well; claire doesnt give a damn about chris and re3 2020 doesnt care about re2 2019 cause they made brad bite marvin's chest; before the release of re3 2020, ı thought marvin got his injury from one of the zombies in desperate times scenario. This decision contradicts that. What's more ridiculous is one of the files in re2 2019 references that scenario with rita and all. Oh and barry is mentioned in chris' letter and yet he doesnt appear at the end of re3 2020.

My point is; if recv gets remade / reimagined, then it's not gonna be faithful in the same way how re2 2019 and re3 2020 arent.

I also dont know how capcom's planning to remake / reimagine re4; re2 2019 doesnt connect to it well. Leon isnt forced into joining government and he seems to be interested into joining fbi rather than usstratcom. The epilogue files in re3 are cut in re3 2020 so again connection is lost. They might be able to give plaga more backstory to make it more connected to progenitor ( Though at the same time; it's possible they might not cause re2 2019 confuses t and g viruses. ) but that alone is still not good enough reason for a remake / reimagining.

That being said; ı'm glad they remade / reimagined re3 mainly cause the chronicles section for it isnt that good and very short not to mention it seems to make up its own mind more compared to re2 2019. Also it has better story and characters than re2 2019 do. But ı wished more effort was put into and it was remade just like how re1 got remade in 2002.

Ugh; really dont like how re2 2019 and re3 2020 unnecessarily convoluted the past. None of the re games prior to those 2 games " convoluted " the canon story; they just added / followed plot points from past re games. Regardless of how much missed potential they might have, they didnt " convolute " ; they simply added new plot points and followed past events; big or small, it counts. Re7 didnt " convolute " ; sure ı have major issues with it like not following re6's story that much in favor of ethan's lameness not to mention that game's direction is the reason why capcom screwed up re2 and re3 in favor of " realism " but still my point stands. Umbrella corps, despite not being called " resident evil " ; didnt " convolute " , it just added new plot points and followed previous events in some way. Not to mention, they had their own names; they didnt steal previous games' names and have " reimagining " excuses.

I've also seen people saying they should remake " bad " games in the franchise; well ı'm also against that. Again; it's not gonna be faithful so why do it?

Wish capcom stopped getting obsessed with past and made meaningful story related decisions for the franchise.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
They really aren't doing a good job without Shinji Mikami.
Mikami is overrated and ı dont like how he doesnt care about story. He wasnt even planning a story for the 1st game; the devs apparently forced him to do so.

I dont like some of his opinions like...

" Rebecca is submissive and she automatically sucks due to that. " ( Even though rebecca isnt submissive. )

Also mikami:

( Lazily creates re4's script and destroys umbrella in the intro in favor of ashley annoyance who's more submissive than rebecca. )

Oh and just a quick note; ı dont like how remake doesnt connect to re0 well, they have story connection issues. People seem to mainly blame re0 for that but ı think it's more of remake's fault rather than re0's. Both games were apparently being developed at the same time.

Storywise; re0 is better than remake imo, not to mention; ı can get the full story of it by simply playing the game. I cant do that for remake; ı cant get the full canon ending and while ı like the special cutscenes related to mo disk business, at the same time; they feel like dragging; especially after replays. Oh and mikami's opinion on rebecca caused me to grow disdain for remake, it's small but still. I dont like rebecca's " He seems to be bitten by a poisonous snake " statement in remake; like seems? You werent with richard most of the time? Even if ı would ignore umbrella chronicles; that line is very annoying to me. I would like to imagine canonically both chris and jill helped those 2. ( One of the cutscenes in remake's retelling basically. )

Granted that game adds some nice story context but still. I cant get the full canon ending where all 4 characters escape with brad.

Also there should have been marcus mentions in remake's files; ı mean birkin and alexia are mentioned while re3 is referenced. Why not reference re0 too? Re2's n64 files reference re0; no excuse for remake to not do this imo. Especially when re2 n64 version is released before remake.

Exactly. It gets distracting when one game focuses on the here and now aspects, while the next game is a soulless remake that doesn't even include most of the original ideas, creatures, etc. For example, the plant men in RE2 are laughably bad. The same with the RE3 Gammas. Like, what the hell? For one, it should have been spiders. Gammas were only in the hospital section in the 1999 version. Two, why was Jill even running around in the shit pit anyway? That was only in RE2. Not 3. And ya messed up Nemesis. He looked like a dog mixed with the Queen Xenomorph. Like, come on, Capcom!

SMH. ?

At first I was a bit skeptical about it, but after reading articles about how it'll supposedly bring in new lore, expand on the original story and introduce new gameplay, I'm honestly looking forward to it. I'm also really anxious to see what RE4 will look like with the RE Engine.

What I'm most excited about though is seeing all of the characters come back to life after so many years (almost 2 whole decades by the time the game is going to be released). I really look forward to seeing what a remastered Krauser, Luis and Wesker will look like, and it'll be nice to see good ol' Ashley return with her annoying self. Hopefully they'll give these side characters a little more screen time and dialogue than they had in the original, especially Luis and Krauser. And of course I look forward to seeing the enemies and villains return as well, particularly Salazar and the creepy-ass cultists.

I just hope they don't radically alter the story or change the characters too much. I also hope they don't toy around with the characters' designs like they've been doing to Chris for so long. They should bring back the face-models they used for Leon and Ada in RE2R, and stay faithful to the original designs of the other characters for their remastered counterparts. Also, please, for the love of God, developers: add in some extra modes this time. At least bring back the Mercenaries. I was EXTREMELY dissapointed to see no extra modes for RE3R. I was hoping to see the Mercenaries return, but we literally got NOTHING instead. Not cool, CAPCOM.

Also please let us swap between the new soundtrack and sound effects with the old ones again. Seriously, if they don't bring back Leon's "AUUUGHHHH", then I'm not touching it.

Top Bottom