• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Rumor of Resident evil 8

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker

So you mean they pretty much added new features to an existing model? Is that even possible? If that's the case, they're just improving the model, not a redesign in the full context like Dusk said.
I'll take his word for it, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm fine with Ethan tagging along with Chris as long as they actually have him in third person during cutscenes so we can actually see his face and reactions.

Yeah. We should hopefully see his face in full someday. I'm glad that Capcom will probably not be using the Molded again. They look bland, compared to other creatures with longevity in the franchise, such as the Hunters and the Lickers. They just look like masses of walking goo, or worse.

Never in their right mind Capcom would ever make such decision with their most active protagonist. Not a Hero title was just to create mystery around the whole Umbrella thing and Chris being there, I suppose.
He still stopped Lucas' plans and acted like a hero.
There's probably just some symbology behind that name, don't count on Chris becoming a villain after all these years. Won't happen.

apparently Chris is "villain" according to leak lol.

Captain Redfield

apparently Chris is "villain" according to leak lol.

The title is incorrect, the actual German guy said something about you looking at the outro Chris (RE7) and once the trailer for RE8 pops up it'll reveal what the twist is, which probably is the already reported new design. There's nothing to suggest in the original leak that Chris is a villain and ROE is just clickbaiting you guys as usual.

If Ethan is in play then I suspect the 'witches' could be more E-Series bioweapons. Their mind control and influential properties could quite easily lead villagers to interpret them as such. Chris being the bad guy is clearly rubbish but I could see Blue Umbrella framing him for something making others believe he has turned which could lead to his expulsion from the BSAA. I would like to see the Mold return for continuity but I felt Eveline was kind of a one trick pony really.

I don't know what to make of this; my hero, Chris Redfield, could now be a bad guy working for Umbrella. No, I doubt it.

I don't know how the guy in the above video knows anything about a game that's just a rumor and where did this rumor come from?

I'm not particularly chuffed that it could be first person again. After fixed camera angles ended, the series really made its mark with third person viewpoints. 7 was okay as a solid one off, but if Ethan is coming back, I suppose retaining the general premise is important. And yeah - I did not like Chris' model in 7, at all. It was like he de-aged. But meh. What an old topic that is. Why moan about it now?

;)

Captain Redfield

I'm not particularly chuffed that it could be first person again. After fixed camera angles ended, the series really made its mark with third person viewpoints. 7 was okay as a solid one off, but if Ethan is coming back, I suppose retaining the general premise is important. And yeah - I did not like Chris' model in 7, at all. It was like he de-aged. But meh. What an old topic that is. Why moan about it now?

;)

Chris is getting a redesign according to Dusk Golem.

Capcom should be embarrassed for spoiling the main man himself. If they wanted to hire somebody to coincide with the new RE Engine commotion, they could have hired someone his age, with big muscles and a beard, with no prior acting experience, and I guarantee that person would have made a better Chris than that college freshman they hired. It's like they just didn't care.

Reading all of this feels surreal. It's like Capcom personally went and said "An Herb Sandwich is now completely uninterested in RE due to our direction, how can we draw her back?" and they went, "Put werewolves and a new Chris design in". If the rumors are true, of course. But werewolves in RE, it's bizarre that three years ago I was pondering the feasibility of having werewolves in an RE game and now they may actually put them in. But that's the only thing I find actually interesting about these supposed leaks (that and the setting, which does sound cool, I won't lie). Ethan coming back is a snooze for me and I really do not want another return to first person. And the less said about "Villain Chris" the better. I just do not understand how since 6, they have completely dropped the ball with his character. And why is he even coming back? Why can't we have Jill return? Or even Leon or Ada at this point, since we haven't learned anything about them since around RE6.

I either way, I still don't have high hopes for the story or in liking RE8 if they should truly go this route.

please don't have the Mold come back that was one of the worst parts of 7 I beg of you Same with BU.

Last edited:

Captain Redfield

And why is he even coming back? Why can't have Jill return? Or even Leon or Ada at this point, since we haven't learned anything about them since around RE6.

I either way, I still don't have high hopes for the story or in liking RE8 if they should truly go this route.

please don't have the Mold come back that was one of the worst parts of 7 I beg of you Same with BU.

Because Chris is the central and most important character to the story? I hate with a passion his design in 7 but Chris being connected to all plot threads in the series (only character actually) makes it hard for him not to be around.
Chris will be main until the day Capcom decides it's time for him to turn in his gun and dog tags.

The entire series should focus on one story now. All the prior games hardly matter anymore. Umbrella is back, but the primary momentum was lost after 4. Now I don't know where they want to take things. They always seem to add in new plot twists that ultimately go nowhere.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Well, don't forget that Alex Wesker is still alive and well... I think they should really tie those loose ends before jumping onto the next big thing. That has been on of my major complaint for a long time with the series.

Anyway, if the rumors about RE8 are true... Then I'll probably skip that game, too. I already skipped RE7 cause it didn't pique my interest at all. :cautious:

Because Chris is the central and most important character to the story? I hate with a passion his design in 7 but Chris being connected to all plot threads in the series (only character actually) makes it hard for him not to be around.
Chris will be main until the day Capcom decides it's time for him to turn in his gun and dog tags.

He has already been in four numbered games in a row along with other spinoffs such as MVC and so on. I like Chris too as you know, but they need to lay off using him and give other characters a spotlight. Leon and Jill are mains just as much as Chris is.

Top Bottom