[ 23 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Nov 06, 2005 2:14 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
Oh man, what a crazy day! My grandpa's television (32" 1995 Panasonic) finally blew today, so he calls me up in the morning to go looking for a t.v. set. We first went and were looking at all sorts, I figured we'd just buy something similar to the old one though. But no, I should have known he owns too much for that. We start looking at the Sony's, though we weren't fond of the LCD's and it's all they make now. The black levels were meh and the choppiness for motion put us off of it, he's huge into sports. Don't get me wrong, when less motion is on screen it is the most beautiful image I've seen, but didn't fit the needs.

Finally we settle on this Panasonic at Circuit City, they tell us to go kill an hour as it's on the truck. Whatever, we do. We come back at 3pm since 11:30 and it's not there? We go home and they will call us at 5, no call. We call them, they say call back... hmmm, they call us finally and say it didn't come in. We race there and get our money back, pissed, as it was our 3rd trip across the bridge into the city. We head to Best Buy to order the Panasonic, they tell us up to a month waiting list. In disbelief we plan to go home and move our little kitchen T.V. for the Giants game tommorow, but we looked around for the heck of it. Next to the Panasonic and Philips plasma sets was a beautiful Toshiba and I looked closely, it looked better than the other two, as if they were lined up in order. I really couldn't believe we didn't notice, it was amazing. Of course though, I didn't get excited this time... I knew it wouldn't be in stock, but we ask for the hell of it. One left! Yeah that's right, we need our truck again, won't fit in the car. Fourth Trip!!

Finally, after it's all said and done we have a beautiful Toshiba 42" Plasma HDTV, God this thing owns life! We also got the HDTV cable box, so the Giants and Mets in HD, at last! I'm going to go amaze myself some more with RE4 now, I might as well just move in! :D

Profile WWW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 06, 2005 2:36 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Holy crap that sounds like a kick ass TV.
Yama, you know I woudnt be able to apreciate it though with my 15 inch Mitsubishi from 1991. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 06, 2005 12:49 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Axm wrote:
Holy crap that sounds like a kick ass TV.
Yama, you know I woudnt be able to apreciate it though with my 15 inch Mitsubishi from 1991. :lol:

Mitsubishi owns!.... for cars. :lol:

Profile WWW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 06, 2005 17:03 
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
PSN: dvader654
Nice man! Enjoy some HD television, its amazing.

Profile YIM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 06, 2005 18:31 
First day on the force...
First day on the force...

Sweet set-up. Your grandpa owns. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 06, 2005 18:44 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Yama, your Gramps totally owns! Hallelujah.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 15:14 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Wow you're going to be blind with that TV :lol: , you must wear glasses 8) :lol:

I'm also going to buy a new TV, mine is from the 90's and is a philips, a good TV of course that is on his last days of life, be on 24-7 is not good for any TV :P . Anyway when this baby blows up I'm going buy a new one :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 10, 2005 1:52 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Yes the Tv and your grandfather(Boss) both own. Although I want to happy when you guy invited me over and my 49ers lost. Not only did they loose, they lost in style....in HD. Though my mood was quick heightened when I saw Xbox in action on the TV. RE4 looked ok, but it wasnt great on that huge HD. You see too much and seeing how PS2 isnt all that great it brought out alot. Looks alot better on a smaller HD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 10, 2005 2:12 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Farse wrote:
Yes the Tv and your grandfather(Boss) both own. Although I want to happy when you guy invited me over and my 49ers lost. Not only did they loose, they lost in style....in HD. Though my mood was quick heightened when I saw Xbox in action on the TV. RE4 looked ok, but it wasnt great on that huge HD. You see too much and seeing how PS2 isnt all that great it brought out alot. Looks alot better on a smaller HD.
Agreed, Bio 4 looked okay on it... just cool mostly because it's big. But Ninja Gaiden and DoA, oh God... I never saw anything so amazing in my life. I can't wait for 360's PGR3 on that, damn! :o

Profile WWW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov 10, 2005 2:17 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Yama wrote:
Farse wrote:
Agreed, Bio 4 looked okay on it... just cool mostly because it's big. But Ninja Gaiden and DoA, oh God... I never saw anything so amazing in my life. I can't wait for 360's PGR3 on that, damn! :o

Bliss

[ 23 posts ] 

Forum index » Other » Off Topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next