• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE6 Why RE6 is one of the best RE's

Yeah. GameFAQs is a fine example of such a community.

In general, the forum is also crap because you cannot edit posts until you reach a certain rank.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah. GameFAQs is a fine example of such a community.

In general, the forum is also crap because you cannot edit posts until you reach a certain rank.
Yeah that place just like reddit and many other places just suck in general. Many asking for " remakes " , certain games getting praised along with certain others getting bashed while going against this somehow " sacred " rule causing others to call you a " troll " or a " fake fan " or something along with pointless harassment between users etc. I mean ı found re4r to be a great game and quite enjoyed it so ı would prefer this " remake " hypetrain to stop as a way to focus on proper new game stories more rather than making things like re7 and revillage as preparation for the upcoming " remakes " .

I was posting on NeoGAF and got banned. I don't think my ban was very fair. Then I rejoined and got banned a second time. They didn't even send me a PM to refer to any violation of their rules. So I think it was a case of them being shitty for whatever reason. But I was kind of annoyed about it, as I had made a lot of posts.

Yeah. I know you probably don't post about RE6 there. They will probably flame you. I once said that 6 was more RE than 4 and 5, because of the zombies. Then they just posted in a really snide way, as if I was delusional. Yet a lot of these knobs never even played the pre-RE4 era games. So like, what the hell?

Personally, I don't care about the post count one has, as such. It's not like it's a popularity contest to have a higher amount of posts over other users. But if you post frequently and make an effort to explain things, it sure feels like a kick in the balls when you get outed. Well, that and when you know they aren't interested in your opinions in any case.

Anyway, I had actually considered not posting on forums anymore. I think it's somewhat pointless in 2023 to still be doing it. People don't use forums much now because of social media platforms like X, which I cannot say I care much for. Plus, with my mum passing away too, my heart isn't in it with certain topics any longer.

As you may know, I have been dealing with this stalking nutbag for a long time, who I think is this serial troll living in Western Australia. He floods this dead anxiety forum with bizarre spam and abusive comments every week for attention, then denies having multiple aliases. He is this dude who was a member of forums I posted on in 2004.

I'm to the point now where I don't even feel like responding to his crap on that site, or anywhere else. I simply feel no motivation to fuel such a bitter person on the Internet, who probably has a sad life offline anyway. Because I did reply and all he kept doing was repeating the same nonsense.

He was even following me to these wikis on Fandom. Because these kind of sites are poorly maintained, I decided just to stop using them a while back.

Basically, he was being a moron and editing the pages I was, to be subscribed to them. Ones I started up about the American box office, and stuff. So this meant if I came back to edit anything again, even with an IP address (before guest editing was seemingly disabled), he was being notified. This was all part of his clever plan to get me riled up.

Anyway, he has been doing this now for well over 6 years. He obsessively subscribes to me on YouTube too, makes blogs or whatever calling me a potato, impersonates me on other forums like Umbrella Online, and generally just acts in a very peculiar manner. But this guy is over 30 years old. He also got my address details and provided this to people I mentioned.

Rather unfortunately, Australia is full of drongos. When you call the pigs there, they don't even bother to head to his apartment to warn him.

Yeah. He posts these stupid videos where he is kicking a bucket down stairs or throwing a Pepsi bottle, in reference to my family having a dog called Pepsi. Once, he even signed up to Silent Hill Community with that name.

The authorities Down Under like being awkward. I will say that.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I was posting on NeoGAF and got banned. I don't think my ban was very fair. Then I rejoined and got banned a second time. They didn't even send me a PM to refer to any violation of their rules. So I think it was a case of them being shitty for whatever reason. But I was kind of annoyed about it, as I had made a lot of posts.

Yeah. I know you probably don't post about RE6 there. They will probably flame you. I once said that 6 was more RE than 4 and 5, because of the zombies. Then they just posted in a really snide way, as if I was delusional. Yet a lot of these knobs never even played the pre-RE4 era games. So like, what the hell?

Personally, I don't care about the post count one has, as such. It's not like it's a popularity contest to have a higher amount of posts over other users. But if you post frequently and make an effort to explain things, it sure feels like a kick in the balls when you get outed. Well, that and when you know they aren't interested in your opinions in any case.

Anyway, I had actually considered not posting on forums anymore. I think it's somewhat pointless in 2023 to still be doing it. People don't use forums much now because of social media platforms like X, which I cannot say I care much for. Plus, with my mum passing away too, my heart isn't in it with certain topics any longer.

As you may know, I have been dealing with this stalking nutbag for a long time, who I think is this serial troll living in Western Australia. He floods this dead anxiety forum with bizarre spam and abusive comments every week for attention, then denies having multiple aliases. He is this dude who was a member of forums I posted on in 2004.

I'm to the point now where I don't even feel like responding to his crap on that site, or anywhere else. I simply feel no motivation to fuel such a bitter person on the Internet, who probably has a sad life offline anyway. Because I did reply and all he kept doing was repeating the same nonsense.

He was even following me to these wikis on Fandom. Because these kind of sites are poorly maintained, I decided just to stop using them a while back.

Basically, he was being a moron and editing the pages I was, to be subscribed to them. Ones I started up about the American box office, and stuff. So this meant if I came back to edit anything again, even with an IP address (before guest editing was seemingly disabled), he was being notified. This was all part of his clever plan to get me riled up.

Anyway, he has been doing this now for well over 6 years. He obsessively subscribes to me on YouTube too, makes blogs or whatever calling me a potato, impersonates me on other forums like Umbrella Online, and generally just acts in a very peculiar manner. But this guy is over 30 years old. He also got my address details and provided this to people I mentioned.

Rather unfortunately, Australia is full of drongos. When you call the pigs there, they don't even bother to head to his apartment to warn him.

Yeah. He posts these stupid videos where he is kicking a bucket down stairs or throwing a Pepsi bottle, in reference to my family having a dog called Pepsi. Once, he even signed up to Silent Hill Community with that name.

The authorities Down Under like being awkward. I will say that.
In a wiki forum, ı was banned like how you did. I created a page for the game and put it to " awesome games " category. However it was also going through edit wars from someone else and eventually they put it to " crappy games " category. I explained why ı disagreed along with the reasons provided but one of the admins just kept calling me " fanboy " just cause of liking a game and showing dedication to it. From my understanding, those sites dont exist anymore cause creating wiki pages to portray games in " awesome " and " crappy " categories seem to go against the rules or something. Overall editing wikis are pointless anyway, especially when someone else can revert back the edits you make.

I agree.

In general, a lot of aspects to the online way of things isn't what it was. It always feels like people want to outdo one another, or form clannish groups to basically degrade people who may not agree with their views.

On YouTube, it is already difficult to be noticed. Nobody cares about content that doesn't look IGN level tremendous, which I find to be sad. Like, come on. Not everyone is good at computer stuff. But then you struggle to gain traction.

And YouTube doesn't allow you to block users from seeing your content. All it does really is shadow ban their comments. But I think Google is only in it for the money.

But so did RE4. 🤤

Even if RE4 is this iconic game, it doesn't have much in common with the lore that played out up to that point. Say what you will about RE6, but at least that game was reminiscent of RE with the zombies, and it offered up multiple branching paths. 🥸

In fact, it's because of RE4 that games like Left 4 Dead, etc, were not real survival horror offerings. It was only around 2013 when survival horror saw a massive return with Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within, even if that too is way too much like RE4 in terms of it being shooter-ish, you use currency, similar bosses show up, and whatnot.

Who is worse?

The RE6 haters, or post P.T. "Hideo Kojima is God" Silent Hill haters? I can never decide. Because both just lack any sense of optimism.

Mind, this is the same people who love RE8.

Top Bottom