• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Timeline...

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
That's a very long list. I'm currently doing a complete marathon and this is my order:

I always start by giving Wesker's Report a listen, it sums up everything you need to know prior to Zero.
1- Resident Evil Zero;
2- Umbrella Chronicles: Beginnings 1 and 2;
3- Umbrella Chronicles: Nightmare 1 and 2;
4- Resident Evil Remake;
5- Umbrella Chronicles: Rebirth 1 and 2;
6- RE Outbreak: Outbreak scenario;
6.5- Give it a listen to Annette and Sherry's phone calls from Darkside Chronicles;
7- RE Outbreak: Hellfire;
8- RE Outbreak File#2: Wild Things;
9- RE Outbreak File#2: Underbelly;
10- RE Outbreak: The Hive;
11- RE Outbreak: Below Freezing Point;
12- RE Outbreak File#2: Desperate Times;
13- Resident Evil 3: Up until the Clock Tower boss battle;
14- Resident Evil Outbreak File#2: Flashback (it is not dated but I like to think the survivors went to look for a way out of the city through the forest when the city literally went to hell when SWAT and UBCS were decimated, not to mention the Army leaving the city too);
15- Resident Evil 2;
16- Resident Evil 2: The 4th Survivor;
17- Resident Evil 3 part 2: When you take control of Carlos;
18- RE Outbreak File#2: End of the Road;
19- RE Outbreak: Decisions, Decisions;
20- Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles: Death's Door;
20.5- Read all of RE3's epilogues;
21- Resident Evil Survivor;
22- Resident Evil: CODE Veronica;

Now, we are in a timeline post-1998:

22.5-
Listen to Krauser's Communications audio files from Darkside Chronicles as well as Manuela's;
23- The Darkside Chronicles: Operation Javier;
24- Resident Evil Dead Aim;
25- Prelude to the Fall manga;
26- Umbrella Chronicles: Dark Legacy 1;
27- Umbrella Chronicles: Umbrella's End 1, 2 and 3;
28- Umbrella Chronicles: Dark Legacy 2;
29- Resident Evil 4 + Separate Ways;
30- Resident Evil Revelations;
31- Resident Evil: Degeneration;
32- Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares;
33- Resident Evil 5: Up until chapter 6-2;
34- Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape;
35- Resident Evil 5: Chapter 6-3;
36- Biohazard: The Stage;
37- Resident Evil Revelations 2: Claire's story;
38- Resident Evil: Damnation;
39- Resident Evil Revelations 2: The Struggle;
40- Resident Evil Revelations 2: Little Miss;
41- Resident Evil Revelations 2: Barry's story;
42- Resident Evil: The Marhawa Desire;
43- Resident Evil 6: Chris, Jake, Leon and Ada;
44- Resident Evil: Heavenly Island;
45- Resident Evil: Vendetta;
46- Resident Evil 7;
47- RE7: Not a Hero;
48- RE7: End of Zoe;

That's all for now, I guess haha

There is also the Experience and VoG, but it's left completely anonymous when those take place (and I prefer to ignore VoG).
Plus The Experiment from UCorps, which takes place from March 2012 to January 2013.

Oh my sweet zombie juices, this list is sick! If I'd only have all the consoles and games this would be my life next... I dunno, couple months.

Can you imagine if someone would make all this together in one seemless game/whatever. File size of 200gb.

Did you played original RE2 or remake?

Bandage131

Finger Lickerin' Good
Oh my sweet zombie juices, this list is sick! If I'd only have all the consoles and games this would be my life next... I dunno, couple months.

Can you imagine if someone would make all this together in one seemless game/whatever. File size of 200gb.

I think the original RE2 sits better than the remake. The remake doesn't add any new story tidbits and removes others.

Captain Redfield

In my case I always go with the original, especially when I like to hear the phone calls between Annette and Sherry, it gives you a better insight of why Sherry was in the RPD. In the Remake the phone calls are 100% contradicted since Annette told Sherry to stay at home and not go anywhere, whereas in the phone calls the first thing she tells her is to go to the RPD.

I like reading and wondering is there anywhere a some kind of umm, file, listed or something with ALL RE games' files/notes. I dont know how to explain what I mean. But like all them together. Even just text file would be great. Just not sure has anyone been crazy enough to collected them all.

Captain Redfield

I like reading and wondering is there anywhere a some kind of umm, file, listed or something with ALL RE games' files/notes. I dont know how to explain what I mean. But like all them together. Even just text file would be great. Just not sure has anyone been crazy enough to collected them all.

RE5's History of Resident Evil file is the closest you can get to that but only up until the events of the game itself.

Project Umbrella has most files up to RE6 recorded, including side games. And they are fan translated to remove localization errors.

I'd recommend the original RE2 as the main version, then RE2make and Memories of a Lost City for extra info.

I can currently play all the canon games aside from UCorps using a PS2, a Wii, and an Xbox One. PlayStation can play more RE games on one console though.

Last edited:

Gonna share this here too...

Nice vid, but I disagree with some of the placements. For example Damnation takes place inbetween Claire and Barry's Rev2 campaigns if we take the radio transmission from Eastern Slav into account. Marhawa Desire is Sep 2012 not before March and Vendetta is much earlier than 2016.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Nice vid, but I disagree with some of the placements. For example Damnation takes place inbetween Claire and Barry's Rev2 campaigns if we take the radio transmission from Eastern Slav into account. Marhawa Desire is Sep 2012 not before March and Vendetta is much earlier than 2016.
Yeah, you're correct though we still dont know the year vendetta takes place. It's between re6 and re7; that's really it tbh.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
That's a very long list. I'm currently doing a complete marathon and this is my order:

I always start by giving Wesker's Report a listen, it sums up everything you need to know prior to Zero.
1- Resident Evil Zero;
2- Umbrella Chronicles: Beginnings 1 and 2;
3- Umbrella Chronicles: Nightmare 1 and 2;
4- Resident Evil Remake;
5- Umbrella Chronicles: Rebirth 1 and 2;
6- RE Outbreak: Outbreak scenario;
6.5- Give it a listen to Annette and Sherry's phone calls from Darkside Chronicles;
7- RE Outbreak: Hellfire;
8- RE Outbreak File#2: Wild Things;
9- RE Outbreak File#2: Underbelly;
10- RE Outbreak: The Hive;
11- RE Outbreak: Below Freezing Point;
12- RE Outbreak File#2: Desperate Times;
13- Resident Evil 3: Up until the Clock Tower boss battle;
14- Resident Evil Outbreak File#2: Flashback (it is not dated but I like to think the survivors went to look for a way out of the city through the forest when the city literally went to hell when SWAT and UBCS were decimated, not to mention the Army leaving the city too);
15- Resident Evil 2;
16- Resident Evil 2: The 4th Survivor;
17- Resident Evil 3 part 2: When you take control of Carlos;
18- RE Outbreak File#2: End of the Road;
19- RE Outbreak: Decisions, Decisions;
20- Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles: Death's Door;
20.5- Read all of RE3's epilogues;
21- Resident Evil Survivor;
22- Resident Evil: CODE Veronica;

Now, we are in a timeline post-1998:

22.5-
Listen to Krauser's Communications audio files from Darkside Chronicles as well as Manuela's;
23- The Darkside Chronicles: Operation Javier;
24- Resident Evil Dead Aim;
25- Prelude to the Fall manga;
26- Umbrella Chronicles: Dark Legacy 1;
27- Umbrella Chronicles: Umbrella's End 1, 2 and 3;
28- Umbrella Chronicles: Dark Legacy 2;
29- Resident Evil 4 + Separate Ways;
30- Resident Evil Revelations;
31- Resident Evil: Degeneration;
32- Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares;
33- Resident Evil 5: Up until chapter 6-2;
34- Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape;
35- Resident Evil 5: Chapter 6-3;
36- Biohazard: The Stage;
37- Resident Evil Revelations 2: Claire's story;
38- Resident Evil: Damnation;
39- Resident Evil Revelations 2: The Struggle;
40- Resident Evil Revelations 2: Little Miss;
41- Resident Evil Revelations 2: Barry's story;
42- Resident Evil: The Marhawa Desire;
43- Resident Evil 6: Chris, Jake, Leon and Ada;
44- Resident Evil: Heavenly Island;
45- Resident Evil: Vendetta;
46- Resident Evil 7;
47- RE7: Not a Hero;
48- RE7: End of Zoe;

That's all for now, I guess haha
Ah, so that's how you're planning to play all re games as well as reading / watching supplemental material. Interesting choice captain.

Cant wait when you get to re6; seeing your opinions about the game on twitter will be interesting!

Last edited:

Captain Redfield

Ah, so that's how you're planning to play all re games as well as reading / watching supplemental material. Interesting choice captain.

Cant wait when you get to re6; seeing your opinions about the game on twitter will be interesting!

Yes, that's how I play it man! For the time being, unless there's some prequel placed in between RE6 or RE7.

It's quite annoying how we have pretty much solid placements for every canonical entry into the series aside from Vendetta. The novel explains the Lanshiang incident was 'not too long ago' and the New York outbreak is described as 'late winter'. Based on this, I have the prologue in Mexico as Autumn 2013 and the New York attack circa February 2014. Once Chris finishes his dealings with Arias he leaves Silver Dagger and returns to Alpha Team, leading into Heavenly Island.

Top Bottom