• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Some love for RE6...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont feel like these type of videos bring anything new or interesting to the table. It's the exact same statements that get parroted across the fandom ever since 2012. But anyway while ı was recently browsing on internet, ı saw 2 very negative re6 reviews being posted through a very short timeframe to the point it felt like there was a collaboration or sorts? They just drag on and on the stupid hatred cultwagon for the game through the most forced re4esque way imaginable, more so due to most re6 haters loving re4 very hypocritically. Sometimes ı wished re6 was actually a bad game that killed the series cause compared to what comes after, it would have been merciful.

I'll be honest. I found RE6 to be a slog in 2012. Especially the fight with the ogre when you jump on it to pull out the antenna. That you have to do it in two scenarios is kind of boring. But I think I like the Chris Redfield campaign the most.

I would say it's the weakest of the action RE games, but it is way more fun to play than RE7 or RE8. Or the first Revelations title, which is way more boring.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'll be honest. I found RE6 to be a slog in 2012. Especially the fight with the ogre when you jump on it to pull out the antenna. That you have to do it in two scenarios is kind of boring. But I think I like the Chris Redfield campaign the most.

I would say it's the weakest of the action RE games, but it is way more fun to play than RE7 or RE8. Or the first Revelations title, which is way more boring.
Are you still playing the games you enjoy at least? I'm still uploading my recordings to my channel, discussing online feels more boring to me than playing the games and uploading the recorded footage that ı enjoy.

I hardly ever play games anymore. I sold a lot of the survival horror games I acquired, sadly, except for RE and SH. I've felt kind of depressed and browbeaten for a while. It wasn't easy losing my mum. That made me lose interest in things I used to enjoy, and I am being hounded by the police to go to a court in Glasgow over something I said to someone online. It's ridiculous because I don't go outside of Edinburgh. But they were thumping away on my door this morning.

Yeah. I would eventually like to do a marathon run of all the generations of RE again except maybe for the spin offs, as they are very hard.

The fixed camera ones are where I would begin. The action ones from 2005 to 2015 would immediately follow, and then the RE Engine games. Not that I like the modern RE games much, but it is a marathon of course, so you have to run with it.

I actually used to hate RE5 a lot more, my feelings towards RE6 were always more lethargic because it felt like the main story ended in the previous game. So the hatred others developed for RE6 is pretty hypocritical when previous games have already explored these concepts. The RE Engine game play well enough but they have seriously cut back on so much content in recent titles that it makes we appreciate the more actions titles a lot more.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I actually used to hate RE5 a lot more, my feelings towards RE6 were always more lethargic because it felt like the main story ended in the previous game. So the hatred others developed for RE6 is pretty hypocritical when previous games have already explored these concepts. The RE Engine game play well enough but they have seriously cut back on so much content in recent titles that it makes we appreciate the more actions titles a lot more.
Over time ı came to enjoy re4 more than re5 so ı guess ı could be opposite when it comes to that game but re6 is still the game ı enjoyed the most on steam with 9017 hours as of now. Re4 on steam has 1084 hours while re5 has 758 hours which is a bit lower than csgo that has 767 hours. I still need to put more hours into re5 on steam so that it would take over csgo as the 3rd place but the game got undermined with later updates to the point ı needed to use a patch to revert the game to its previous version. Regardless 4 / 5 / 6 taken as a " trilogy " is the one ı enjoyed the most playing compared to other games in the series, ı cant think of an other trilogy that ı enjoyed playing as much by comparison.

Re6 is the only game where all the campaigns are more different to each other. They take place in different areas, different weapons mostly and different experience.

Like in Past RE games which had two characters like 1,2, and 5 there is not that much of difference.

In CV areas are same but there are some changes showing destruction. Chris and Claire share some weapons and few new areas for Chris.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Re6 is the only game where all the campaigns are more different to each other. They take place in different areas, different weapons mostly and different experience.

Like in Past RE games which had two characters like 1,2, and 5 there is not that much of difference.

In CV areas are same but there are some changes showing destruction. Chris and Claire share some weapons and few new areas for Chris.
I hope capcom wont do a re:6 like how ı saw some on internet claiming they should do it even before re:5's announcement. Re6 hatred cultwagon becomes more and more stupid as the series goes on and it's by far a huge reason why the series plummets in regards to quality ever since 2016. They drag on and on that boring-unfunny meme through the most forced re4esque way imaginable. With re:6, ı assume capcom will make a lot of cuts and story changes to please the obnoxious minority on internet who still unfairly complain about the game on popular places. They already butchered re2's story through re:2 with most not seeing the pointless alterations compared to og game in favor of bashing re:3, re:6 would more likely receive even more of those unnecessary alterations that re:2-3 got.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Here's one ı found but ı think this is actually one of the better ones rather than those pretentious ones that keep making statements like " Good game, not good re game " , " You can like it but it sucks " , " Not resident evil, too much action and not enough horror " etc.

I think people just follow the pack too much. Liking the gameplay of 4 and 5 and not 6 is ludicrous, because 6 let you shoot and move, making for better gameplay. I thought Capcom answered my prayer.

And the zombies looked good. RE not having zombies any more outside of remakes, does feel strange, to be honest.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
" Re engine fake direction was a waste of time and the series was stagnant ever since 2012 "

" Re6 was way ahead of its time and is actually a f***** masterpiece "

Me: ( Picks both )

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I found this thread before. You mention me here and then you guys keep mocking the game at this thread. Why do you do this anyway? You dont even seem to play the games that much, all you do is to keep mocking the game as well as talk behind the game's enjoyers which isnt something rare from my understanding cause it happens on places like gamefaqs and reddit very easily. I wished the fanbase grew up rather than these boring " survival horror " , " canon " or " timeline " debates but due to them, the series cant grow up either only to get smaller in the process due to how dipped the creativity with the series is since 2016.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I was just talking about how you like the game. It was Carlos who was doing the bashing towards RE6.
You still mention me though by sharing my biohaze account even though it has nothing to do with it. Those type of threads which are common in gamefaqs and reddit are a huge factor why ı cant stand to interacting with most of the fandom cause nothing new or interesting is ever gained from them. I dont even believe most of them play the games before re engine anyway and they would still be pointlessly debating on internet for no real reason. I dont think you should post to that place but ı still saw you replying to multiple places followed by mentioning more names other than me.

Somebody registered as thesaunderschild to take the piss. That was why I signed up. I asked them to delete the account since it's my primary handle, as this Australian guy likes to impersonate me and spam horseshit on poorly moderated forums. Like on anxietyforum.net, etc.

They did delete it, but he just created another account. He did this on horror.com and dreamindemon.com too.

While I post occasionally on there, I noticed the server they use is really slow. It's not very active there either.

Top Bottom