• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Showcase Art, Images and Video

Yama

Owner
Likewise, brother. Miss you!

Makes sense that it may be something to do with the video being made for HDR, hopefully it looks good on SDR by release. Otherwise the visuals look crazy good. The castle in this shot looks amazing

re4_background_02-png.1966

Good find on that laser sight! I hope it's for all weapons, not just the pistol.
That shot blew me away more than any other. It almost looks like Demons Souls, I can't wait to see the world come to life and take it in area by area at a slow pace. Having recently played the re4HD mod, it's amazing how much detail went into the original and I think it'll be like reliving that release in 2005 all over again.

All in all, I was impressed with both Capcom and Konami this October. If they play their cards right, fans will definitely take to Konami again after doing nothing with the IP for a decade. Capcom has been on a roll, despite what you may think of their games at times.

I am just glad Silent Hill is back at long last. It has been too long.

Although admittedly, I am not a fan of remakes. I prefer companies to offer up something new. But it is just the times we are living in. Remakes make a ton of dough in the industry.

I really like how the design of the Chainsaw Ganado has been changed:

RE4_Chainsaw_Ganado.png

This is the case when the change serves the narrative of the original source material instead of offering something completely different.

A Chainsaw Ganado is distinguished from an ordinary Ganado by the better assimilation of nerve structures by the Plaga parasite. As a result, the host's hormonal background, cognitive functions, and so on were altered, which made them more robust and aggressive, since they are rather wild animals living by impulses.

Of course, the faces of such Ganados were injured, which is why they wore masks. Or something else that hides their faces. But you can hardly make such a conclusion based on the original design, unless you meet a female host.

The design from the remake emphasizes these details, showing us the deformed proportions of the face, reminiscent of the assimilated parasite itself:

Plaga.png

Not to mention the eyes that almost fell out of their orbits with burst capillaries, which indicate high pressure, which is also true of the original game's setting.

Also:

Ganados.png

"But just take a look at this!"

Poster.jpg

As expected, at night the eyes of Ganados don't burn with hellfire, as it was in many alien fiction.

Eye.png

Their eyes are still red, but now just because of the swelling of the blood vessels in the sclera. Obviously, because of the parasite inside.

Judging by this screenshot and the Lycans from Village, the pupils will only reflect light, and dynamically, not statically. Anyone can try to lure a Lycan into the house and see how their eyes begin to "glow", in fact simply reflecting photons onto photoreceptors, so that they can navigate in the dark.

There was no explanation for the phenomenon from the original, when the phenomenon from Village and the remake is hybridization. Since the parasite also assimilates the optic nerves, this is its gene transfer mechanism, which allows crossing organisms, I think.

And in general, the new designs of the Ganado and the Plaga parasite reminded me of Damnation:

Plaga.png

Probably, due to the fact that this is a late iteration of the parasite, they focus on it in order to recontextualize the setting. Maybe for the same reason Leon will see hallucinations a couple of times, besides that bad dream.

In the German and French versions of the remake site, Serra has a second surname ā€” Navarro.

But there is no such surname in the Japanese and even English versions.

For those who do not know, Spaniards traditionally have two surnames, which the child receives from the father and mother, respectively.

Luis Serra Navarro means that his father was a man from the Serra family, and his mother was from the Navarro family.

In business communication, Spaniards can be called with their name and father's surname, so the mention of Luis as "Luis Serra" in the original game is also pretty authentic.

If Navarro is the real thing in the game's lore, I suspect that the surname will be mentioned through Luis' grandfather, who was a hunter.

Although the second surname of Spaniards is the maternal surname, Spanish women also have two surnames, and the child is given a paternal one.

So there's a rumour going around that RE9 will have co-op to test the waters for a potential remake of RE5.

Now in my opinion, I don't think 5 needs to be remade. I sincerely hope Wesker is in the upcoming remake of RE4, but with all this retconning that's seemingly happening in the franchise, it's hard to say if he will be returning. And they haven't even remade RE1 yet in the RE Engine fashion.

I feel that the original remake and the newer remakes don't have much in common. So a remake of RE1 or CV would be more important. Not that I want RE1 remade, really. But maybe it could still be good in the RE Engine.

Top Bottom