• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Rumor of Resident evil 8

I'm not terribly keen on the first person viewpoint. While I tolerated it for the last sequel, I assumed that it would not evolve into a repeat procedure. But I suppose if Chris and Ethan pair up again, they don't want the chain broken, seeing as how 7: Biohazard had them running around in that mode. But I mean, I was always more fond of the regular third person. That has always been RE, since 2005.

Maybe first person games are cheaper to produce. I guess Capcom has their reasons, but I honestly think some people are still going to be disappointed no matter what. I get that they cannot really remake the old games in first person, but RE3 has it briefly at the start, and that was kind of unusual. I hope that future games go back to using the ordinary third person view.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Dusk Golem just posted something about Ethan being the second character in the history of the series to become a father lol

Yeah, I guess this pretty much confirms that Ethan and Chris are going to be the main characters of RE8 as previous rumours stated.

https://www.biohazardcast.com/new-rumors-arise-about-resident-evil-8/ (right now link only works on phones, but should work on PCs shortly)

- title Resident Evil Village (VIII in the VIllage)
- witch hunts player, laughs a lot, dispears into insects when "killed"
- Chris is integral to the story. In a flashabck Chris is seen invading Winters house and shoots either Ethan, Mia or their baby. Isn't portrayl as heroic at all.
- Ethan is evolved similiary to Ash Williams in the Evil Dead series. He's now more confident and "badass"
- release Q1 2021 (but coronavirus my delay it)
- settings eastern European snowy country
- inventory is like in RE4
- seems to be heavily inspired by RE3.5 with hallucinations and such

Well, he does have a chainsaw wielding wife, who likes to play amputations. It's only fitting that he become Ash Williams 2.0 after losing his hand. Provided he has 'the good stuff', he need never worry. :p

Mia is also the name of a primary character in the 2013 remake of The Evil Dead. Is that a coincidence? ;)

Captain Redfield

This all sounds like RE4 with Chris, which worries me. I swear, if these guys Remake RE4 and not CODE Veronica then that is it for me lol
CODE Veronica is being demanded EVERYWHERE, it was even trending on Twitter... Fucking trending. It literally is the fanbase's biggest wish at the moment. Do not fuck yourself up, Capcom.

https://www.biohazardcast.com/new-rumors-arise-about-resident-evil-8/ (right now link only works on phones, but should work on PCs shortly)

- title Resident Evil Village (VIII in the VIllage)
- witch hunts player, laughs a lot, dispears into insects when "killed"
- Chris is integral to the story. In a flashabck Chris is seen invading Winters house and shoots either Ethan, Mia or their baby. Isn't portrayl as heroic at all.
- Ethan is evolved similiary to Ash Williams in the Evil Dead series. He's now more confident and "badass"
- release Q1 2021 (but coronavirus my delay it)
- settings eastern European snowy country
- inventory is like in RE4
- seems to be heavily inspired by RE3.5 with hallucinations and such

isn't ethan still infected by mold so hallucinations still a thing to him.

It has my interest. It has potential but I don't want basically another RE4 but with Chris and Ethan this time. Sounds like it's going to have 3.5 elements with the hallucinations which is a welcome addition in my eyes. I liked them playing with the idea in RE7 with Eveline. I'm in the minority here but I think they can develop Ethan into a cool character that can hang with the rest of them, they just need to put a little more effort into his dialogue and hopefully cutscenes feature him in third person.

RE3 is so similar to RE2, you can forget the former game was outsourced. They are very much the same to me. Even Nemesis moves like Mr. X and one thing that was odd to me, was how he could jump up into the air, even indoors.

• Resident Evil 8 is working under the title VILLAGE: RESIDENT EVIL, although some reports have that title reversed. The VILL part in the title is, of course, RE7‘d into the Roman numeral VIII.
  • The opening of the game will be ‘shocking’ for long-time fans, and involves Chris Redfield. Different demos appear to have different Chris models, some saying he simply looked like an older version of the RE7 Chris, others saying he was completely overhauled. Some tests involved Mia Winters being pregnant, others involved a child already having been born.
  • Ethan is, once again, the lead protagonist, but hardened to a degree. Some testers have described him as being quick-witted and short-tempered, an “Ash Williams” type, which fits in with RE7‘s multiple homages to the Evil Dead series. Ethan, as well as the rest of the cast, also seems to have been reprised by their RE7 voice performers.
  • Multiple versions of the in-game inventory have been tested, ranging from something very close to RE7‘s more traditional inventory to something along the lines of RE4‘s Attache Case “Tetris” design. The game is also following suit with RE7‘s first-person design.
  • The demo was indeed set in a snowy village area, sometime after the opening. Playing as Ethan, we explore some of the houses on the outskirts, attempting to make contact. NPCs occupy the houses however they are reluctant to talk to an outsider (note: they do speak English when they talk).
  • The “Wolf-like creatures” reported in earlier leaks have been described as something akin to beast-men, and they attack with massive claws. There is an escape sequence, where some versions of the demo you don’t have access to a weapon and are forced to either just book it for safety or try to sneak your way around them (similar to Revelations 2) — and other you have a pistol, but it’s completely ineffective against these creatures and you’re similarly forced to run or hide.
  • You eventually stumble upon a shotgun and are able to barricade a door to slow down your attackers. The shotgun is way more effective than the handgun however the beast-men were very bullet-spongey. In some versions of the demo a bell rings and the beast-men disappear, while others they are called off by something/someone unseen.
  • The game is massively inspired by a combination of Resident Evil 4 and the much-beloved Resident Evil 3.5 (a series of demos and trailers from various scrapped versions of RE4). The previously reported “serious departure” relates to this, as the game has an obvious focus on something more supernatural. That said, odds are against things being literally supernatural, and that they only appear that way due to viral-induced hallucinations (which is how it worked in RE3.5). The hallucinations make it difficult who to trust and can trigger flashbacks, with some versions of the demo having that “shocking opening” appear as a flashback hallucination when encountering Chris.
  • The leaders of these beast-men appear to be a stalker-type woman that resembles a witch, who “haunts” Ethan during the demo, and a massive, “gorilla-like” monster man with “chains and a staff”. The Witch cannot be killed and melts down into bugs when shot. She apparently has a distinctive laugh that lets you know when she’s near.
  • Some versions of the demo appear to have you escape to a castle, while others have you meet up with a group of normal, human villagers and talk your way into their refuge to hide out from the monsters. One of the villagers inside begins to hallucinate, and eventually lashes out and begins to butcher the other villagers. You manage to escape with one of the other villagers, a woman who helped you into the house, as the hallucinating villager sets it ablaze. The demo ends here.

Captain Redfield

I'm actually excited for the game but at the same time I have a bad feeling, not regarding the game itself but that they might Remake RE4 without any justifiable reason other than cash grab if the village setting and all that makes success in RE8.
I know Capcom, been a fan of this series for 18 years... Once they get into a comfortable poisition they will milk the fuck out if it until they eventually fall flat on the floor and come back to reality again.

I'd much rather have these remakes stop at 3 instead of remaking 4 and forgetting about CV. It's not just RE4, if they remake that game then nothing stops them from doing the same to 5 and 6... In other words, this is never gonna end lol
I thought only classics justified Remakes for the most obvious reasons? Outdated mechanics, visuals, etc...?

Anyway, as much as I want to get excited for RE8 I still have a bad feeling regarding the future of the series. I don't know, I would recommend keeping some low expectations.

I don't blame you. I think assets of 7 will go into 8, like 2 went into 3.

It means they can release a new game every year or so, and give it a fresh coat of paint, but most of it probably isn't as new as it seems. Even the 7 like beginning to 3 looked oddly familiar. ?

Top Bottom