• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Rumor of Resident evil 8

Take it as a grain of Salt

-First Person mode

-Chris and Ethan comeback for RE8

-The setting is very similar to RE4 village and castle but in snow.

-Zombies make comeback

-Werewolves or wolf-like monsters are going be in the game (keep in mind they could be experimental BOW and not supernatural)

-Stalker enemy that will follow you seem similar to RE 3.5

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Not really looking forward to it tbh, especially if these rumors end up as true. Though ı'm not sure how the storyline is gonna end up like; something tells me it's gonna have a reboot feeling similar to re7 had. Zombies coming back would be interesting though; wonder what virus are they gonna be related to?

Regardless, ı think this sums up my thoughts:

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind it if it didn't have first person gaming and difficult controls like all the other modern games. If it could be played the same way as Resident Evils 4 and 5, I maybe happy.

By the way, why would they need to bring Ethan back when his story wrapped up in 7?

Not sure how I feel about straight up werewolves. Reminds me of those awful comics that were released around the time of RE5 that had werewolves and lickers in space. Hopefully they're more just wolf based B.O.W.s.

Th village and castle setting along with what sounds like hallucinations with the stalker chick sounds a lot like RE4-2 mixed with elements from 3.5. I'm curious. Pretty meh on both Ethan and Chris being back. Especially Chris. Give the man a damn break already.

According to DuskGolem posts on twitter the rumors may or may not be in the final game, actually it looks like for 8 they are still considering what´s good to keep or reformulate and whatever they remove could even get to be explored in a spin-off game and not the actual RE 8?

I think a Stalker type of enemy like Nemesis tends to be natural element of RE, and survival horror games in general, but let´s see if they can still innovate in that area, specially after Jack Baker, Mr. X and Nemesis from RE2 /RE3 Remakes, so i´m still trying to figure out what they are planning to do with this new stalker. Chris as protagonist kind of makes sense... But they should include other playable chars not sure if a mix of veterans and fresh characters?

In my opinion, Ethan should factor in a minor role, not main if they want to add him to RE 8, however they could also give a spin-off title for Ethan to star too.

Other than that, maybe Hideo Kojima which is also studying to create a very scary horror game picks up on Capcom ideas too, gives a new spin since inspiration is something that usually comes from a few sources, look at how RE 7 was inspired midly on "Silent Hills PT" and similar FP horror titles

Last edited:
Why Chris again? Also, Ethan was fine for one game but why bother bringing him back? If anything I’d prefer Mia Winters as she had an awesome backstory and would love to learn more about her connection to other bio companies.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
@Captain Redfield wait the leak is real?
Apparently, it is to an extent. Dusk believes this might be the scrapped RE8 version.

Why Chris again? Also, Ethan was fine for one game but why bother bringing him back? If anything I’d prefer Mia Winters as she had an awesome backstory and would love to learn more about her connection to other bio companies.
Well, Chris is the main character of the series, he's a main story arc character. We don't know if it is the literal RE8 but yeah, Chris will be in one of the upcoming RE games according to Dusk and with a new design.

from what I heard Chris will come back as a villain not a hero of the game.

Hence the name of Chris DLC "Not a hero" in RE7.

Captain Redfield

from what I heard Chris will come back as a villain not a hero of the game.

Hence the name of Chris DLC "Not a hero" in RE7.

Never in their right mind Capcom would ever make such decision with their most active protagonist. Not a Hero title was just to create mystery around the whole Umbrella thing and Chris being there, I suppose.
He still stopped Lucas' plans and acted like a hero.
There's probably just some symbology behind that name, don't count on Chris becoming a villain after all these years. Won't happen.

Well guys, it appears it is game over to Dandy. Dusk Golem replied this directly to me and he said Chris got a total redesign and there's a new game coming out that will feature Chris to an extent and that we should see his new design there.
This is interesting and good news. Hopefully he'll look a little more like the Redfield we know from the past. The removal of Roger Craig Smith was a bummer though and I assume that'll stay.

Also assuming Chris will be in whatever Capcom is planning to test with the new emails they sent out.

Captain Redfield

This is interesting and good news. Hopefully he'll look a little more like the Redfield we know from the past. The removal of Roger Craig Smith was a bummer though and I assume that'll stay.

Also assuming Chris will be in whatever Capcom is planning to test with the new emails they sent out.

Yep, RE8 or not, Chris will be in a RE game that will launch soon and it's not CODE: Veronica (I believe). I also hope CV Remake comes out eventually.

Yep, RE8 or not, Chris will be in a RE game that will launch soon and it's not CODE: Veronica (I believe). I also hope CV Remake comes out eventually.
I doubt it'll be CV this soon but I hope eventually as well! I want to see Wesker back in the glorious RE Engine. Hopefully he'll still have D.C. Douglas to voice him since he's non union.

Captain Redfield

I doubt it'll be CV this soon but I hope eventually as well! I want to see Wesker back in the glorious RE Engine. Hopefully he'll still have D.C. Douglas to voice him since he's non union.
Yeah, it still is too soon. A while ago Dusk also said that there won't be RE Remakes in the next couple of years, which is a clear indication that there will be more Remakes of the franchise eventually. I never counted on CODE: Veronica before RE8 anyway, my bet is that it will release around 2023 or 2024 maybe.
People will be fooling themselves if they think CODE: Veronica won't be remade at this point. We might not have CODE: Veronica's release that soon but I'm confident we'll at least hear about it in the upcoming years.

What a time to be an RE fan.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Interesting news captain! I hope they fix chris' awful design too. I mean carlos in re3 remake looks like re6 chris so yeah. If they want to; they could fix the design. Still hate capcom's " realism " excuse for that atrocious design.

Though coming back to these leaks; one thing that's stuck in my mind is the one related to zombies. I wonder what virus would cause that, t or c-virus? I would say c makes more sense since re6 files say that c-virus is mutating and bsaa need more of jake's blood to help civilians. Meanwhile t is really obselete unless someone combines with another material and came up with a new virus like t-abyss? Though in that case, zombies appearing would be slim cause they technically wouldnt be zombies.

If c-virus is involved in this game somehow, then my interest will reach to top peak levels and ı will be interested in re8 even if it would remind me of re7 in a way since ı need a re6 sequel and ı was very pissed at re7 and its stupid story due to giving a weird reboot feeling.

I'm guessing c-virus can also create these " werewolf " type of bows then which wouldnt really be out of place imo. I hope the monster variety is good then along with good design. Re7 when it comes to monster variety and design was terrible.

Captain Redfield

Interesting news captain! I hope they fix chris' awful design too. I mean carlos in re3 remake looks like re6 chris so yeah. If they want to; they could fix the design. Still hate capcom's " realism " excuse for that atrocious design.

Though coming back to these leaks; one thing that's stuck in my mind is the one related to zombies. I wonder what virus would cause that, t or c-virus? I would say c makes more sense since re6 files say that c-virus is mutating and bsaa need more of jake's blood to help civilians. Meanwhile t is really obselete unless someone combines with another material and came up with a new virus like t-abyss? Though in that case, zombies appearing would be slim cause they technically wouldnt be zombies.

If c-virus is involved in this game somehow, then my interest will reach to top peak levels and ı will be interested in re8 even if it would remind me of re7 in a way since ı need a re6 sequel and ı was very pissed at re7 and its stupid story due to giving a weird reboot feeling.

I'm guessing c-virus can also create these " werewolf " type of bows then which wouldnt really be out of place imo. I hope the monster variety is good then along with good design. Re7 when it comes to monster variety and design was terrible.

Dusk did say that those leaks of the werewolf stuff did go in-line with info he had so yeah, these rumours are more than likely legit. Although, he suspects this might be from the RE8 version that was scrapped but they might using these ideas to a new game.
The only thing we know for a fact is that Chris's design from RE7 is gone and that he will appear soon.

Captain Redfield

It's not game over for Dandy, I say as much (see Project Awakening for a reference).

Dusk said it was a redesign, which means nothing like Dandy. Project Awakening did a better job than RE7 since he looks a bit much like Chris but a redesign is a redesign. The same way it was from RE6 to 7.
Dusk never went into details but he makes it seem like they just redesigned Chris from the ground up.

If by redesign he means that Dandy now has a chin, a jawline, dark hair, full beard, then I'll be okay with that.

Dusk said it was a redesign, which means nothing like Dandy. Project Awakening did a better job than RE7 since he looks a bit much like Chris but a redesign is a redesign. The same way it was from RE6 to 7.
Dusk never went into details but he makes it seem like they just redesigned Chris from the ground up.

If by redesign he means that Dandy now has a chin, a jawline, dark hair, full beard, then I'll be okay with that.

Top Bottom