• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Resident Evil Village Shown

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
You know; now that ı think about it, ı have to agree with herb when it comes to chris shooting that random woman for no reason.

Anyways, the only interesting thing in the trailer was chris' design, thank god they fixed his awful design from re7 and make it more similar to his re6 design.

Other than that, nope. Re7 2.0. I think it will be disconnected to canon storyline just like that game along with the overrated " remakes " .

Might as well drop this here too, recently found it:

I hope they wont turn chris into a villain either; that would be stupid.

Sorry. My Internet connection meant the video came out in very low quality. I essentially connect my phone to my laptop with USB tethering, and it's 4G. I could hardly see any text.
No need to apologize. Usually during events like the PS5 one I also have trouble checking the video screen because all of a sudden it gets some hiccups... anyways, my biggest concern now is if I will need to dish much money to upgrade my PC to play, or if I end up buying a next gen console.

Last edited:

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Considering what Dusk Golem said, and what 2021 (tentative) usually means... there is no way we'll see this during the first 90 days of next year, it'll come after that.

I'm surprised games about viruses aren't seen as "inappropriate" during this COVID-19 pandemic. If things go smoothly, I doubt there is going to be any major delay. At least, I hope not. Digital only games aren't really an option for us stuck with 4G. ?

First, sorry that it's been a while since my last BioHaze post. I been doing other things, including research to start a supplement business soon. But anyway...

I just saw the Village trailer and I will say, I'm looking more forward to this game than I did 7. It gives me Resident Evil 3.5 feels, it has my Resident Evil idol Chris, it has darkness, creepy forest, werewolves, creepy castle and a real gothic look. I just sure hope the gameplay isn't like 7, 2/3 Remakes because I like the old-school controls, but somehow I doubt it.

The village, castle and forest reminds me of Resident Evil 4 in the winter time by the way it looks.

I don't know who that woman was that Chris killed, but it would make sense for it to be Mia, because she was infected in Resident Evil 7. Perhaps that vaccine that Ethan made for her only delayed mutation and it happened now. That's just my theory.

As far as the part about his story is going to end, my best guess that it's Ethan's because he wasn't that big deal of a character to begin with. He was just a man trying to find Mia in Louisiana and had to survive the Baker Estate for them both to escape. I don't know what role he plays this time, but I doubt he's going to be a main character after this. I'm surprised he's here at all. If for some chance it's Chris's story that ends, that would be a major disappointment for me, because he's been through this series since the very beginning. I hate to see it end now. Speaking of character's stories ending, where has Jill been since Resident Evil 5?

Yeah. I want to know about several characters of the past too. It seems like Capcom doesn't want to use them for sequels too often, for fear that the franchise has gotten stale or something. Not that this 'placeholder' guy who is essentially just a voice role, for the most part, can make up for their absence.

Jill is an icon. Ethan isn't anything special, sad to say...

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
I'm surprised games about viruses aren't seen as "inappropriate" during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Life goes on, everyone knows what losing someone feels like, eventually, yet there's death is in all forms of media all the time. It's not good to mix things that are not meant to be mixed up, real life is one thing and fiction is another.
As far as the part about his story is going to end, my best guess that it's Ethan's because he wasn't that big deal of a character to begin with. He was just a man trying to find Mia in Louisiana and had to survive the Baker Estate for them both to escape. I don't know what role he plays this time, but I doubt he's going to be a main character after this. I'm surprised he's here at all. If for some chance it's Chris's story that ends, that would be a major disappointment for me, because he's been through this series since the very beginning. I hate to see it end now. Speaking of character's stories ending, where has Jill been since Resident Evil 5?
Too many people are speculating it's Chris's story that is going to end. I guess because that would make the most impact, the amount of people that care about Ethan are barely a fraction of the amount that care about Chris. And because of that his death would be predictable and boring.

I'd rather see something more interesting. Like Ethan mutating at the end of the game and we gotta play as Chris to defeat him, now that would be an ending most people wouldn't see coming.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
From my perspective Chris has a reason to do what he's doing. Have you guys forgotten Mia worked for bioterrorists? She still is responsible for the downfall of the innocent Baker family.
Chris's model looks fantastic and he's the best looking character on the RE Engine, how the tables have turned.

I'm impressed with Chris too, but I hope we get to see Ethan up close too. I don't want him to just be a guy you hear, and that's about it. Regarding who Chris shoots... I can only see that person being Mia. Or they may pull a fast one and make out he shot somebody else, such as the woman Ethan meets, but I doubt that would make much of an impact. Giving his vocal delivery, I reckon it was Mia.

I'm starting to think it's a trick to get us thinking Chris kills Mia and it could be someone's ending story when it's entirely something else. Remember when they showed Chris pointing a gun at Jill and a shirtless guy in the Revelations teaser trailer, and that turned out to be nothing? I think Capcom wants you to think Chris killed Mia to get you thinking wrong and then they surprise you when the game comes out with what is intended.

It's too bad about the PS4 version being scrapped. It would have saved me a lot of money. :sneaky:

And yeah. I think that clip with Chris was just shoddy, to get people thinking Chris has turned his back on moral decision making.

Top Bottom