• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Resident Evil Village Shown

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

The rumors about the werewolves, Emily and Alex were all true, at least there is one woman there that looks a lot like her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. None of that screamed Resident Evil at all. RE7 syndrome all over again. Why is this an RE game? And Chris, poor, poor, Chris. Why do they keep massacring my boy?!! Once again they have him act OOC. I am so checked out of this story already it is hilarious.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
That awful RE6 haircut is really the only thing I have passionate disdain for, and Carlos's voice doesn't fit a character like Chris

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Wow. None of that screamed Resident Evil at all. RE7 syndrome all over again. Why is this an RE game? And Chris, poor, poor, Chris. Why do they keep massacring my boy?!! Once again they have him act OOC. I am so checked out of this story already it is hilarious.
I dont get it. How is chris out of character exactly? I agree with the " re7 syndrome " statement though.

I dont get it. How is chris out of character exactly? I agree with the " re7 syndrome " statement though.

Why is Chris shooting a pregnant woman (or a civilian period) with Wesker's gun? Why is he deliberately killing an innocent woman and wife to a man he has personally help save? Right in front of said husband too by the way. These are the questions that are being raised.

If this had nothing to do woth RE, I'd be insanely hyped, because I can't say no to a gothic horror werewolf game, but this has nothing to do with RE. Why are there witches and Black Philip from The Witch in my RE game?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Why is Chris shooting a pregnant woman (or a civilian period) with Wesker's gun? Why is he deliberately killing an innocent woman and wife to a man he has personally help save? Right in front of said husband too by the way. These are the questions that are being raised.

If this had nothing to do woth RE, I'd be insanely hyped, because I can't say no to a gothic horror werewolf game, but this has nothing to do with RE. Why are there witches and Black Philip from The Witch in my RE game?
How do you know that's mia? Maybe she's someone else? He's shooting that woman probably cause she turned into a monster and tried to attack ethan. Idk how you automatically assumed he's using albert-01 either. It looks like an ordinary handgun.

Hopefully this new storyline ends with this game and we can move on to other characters in future installments. “His story comes to a close” can be referring to either Chris or Ethan, so that is a relief to me.

I am a sucker for creepy forests set during the winter and the castle looks to rival the beauty of the Arklay Mansion and RPD. This seems to be what Shinji Mikami wanted RE4 to be before directing it down a more action orientated route.

Curious how Umbrella ties into all this. RE has always payed homage to other horror genres and tropes, so we can’t expect every game to be cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:
Sounds to me as if assets from this game will be reused for the RE4 "remake" coming in a few years. Yes, I quoted that word because let's be honest with ourselves about that. It's not going to be a faithfully reimagined game, considering the B team who did RE3, is also working on that. Just seems rather pointless.

I really hope this is survival horror at its finest. They did say it would have more combat than RE7, but they need that fine balance of action and horror.

Tyrant

BSAA North America
I feel that instead of getting a remake of RE4. We will just get RE8 instead, it seems to be highly inspired by the setting. And the Attache Case inventory system is coming back. There is really no reason to remake RE4, it looks fine and plays very modern unlike the first three.

Either way, viral werewolves make so much sense in the world of RE. Witches however... wondering how that plays out.

Chris looks miles better, but whats up with im shooting Mia and being the main villain of the game, as per what the developer says?

Keep in mind that Alex Wesker is now technically Natalia Korda. But this means Natalia would be a teenager by now. Am I right?

How old was she in 2011?

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
No she's an adult, she'd be around 20. The woman wearing white in the trailer looks like Alex as if she didn't die. Which makes me wonder, maybe she grew older faster for some reason, I mean, there is something wrong with her if she has thirst for blood so I guess a new virus and given what the leaker said it looks like it is her.

Here's something some people have pointed out

1SYq501.jpg

GsXytMM.jpg

I'm actually REALLY into this. This is essentially RE4 crossed with Bloodborne now and I'm digging it. Loving the environments and I'm really liking the characters they've shown off so far. Thank god they fixed Chris's face. I was watching the PS5 event with friends and we all cheered once he showed up as we all immediately recognized him. He looks like an older RE6 Chris over whatever that was in RE7.

For those freaking out about Chris shooting Mia, I'm sure he has a reason for doing so. You know this is going to be evil Dante at the beginning of DMC4 all over again where its revealed he was actually trying to stop this whole thing from going down in the first place at the beginning. Mia works for the connections. Based off what we know from the leaks, the Connections are the villains of this game along with Alex Wesker/Natalia. I wouldn't be surprised if they're up to something sideous and Chris decided hes had enough of this shit and is taking matters into his own hands. And if that isn't the case? I'm fine with it. We've seen so much of Chris over the past decade, it's time to let him rest. Hopefully that subtitle saying "his story comes to a close." is talking about Chris. As far as I'm concerned, his story was done when he killed Wesker in RE5. As the saying goes "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

No she's an adult, she'd be around 20. The woman wearing white in the trailer looks like Alex as if she didn't die. Which makes me wonder, maybe she grew older faster for some reason, I mean, there is something wrong with her if she has thirst for blood so I guess a new virus and given what the leaker said it looks like it is her.

Here's something some people have pointed out

1SYq501.jpg

GsXytMM.jpg

Is it just my impression or RE 8 is really using lots of concepts from major RE 3.5 plot? The rumors that the ending of the game is going to taste a bit bitter (possibly a hero dying, and 3.5 had at one time considered Leon to be the one to die).
Also RE 3.5 was supposed to tell the story of how Umbrella came into existence.
But i think for RE 8 they will tell how Spencer kidnap a girl (remember that strange local tale from this trailer right at the initial scene?) and this girl probably had special blood... Most likely this little girl from the tale is none other than Alex Wesker? Or possibly who was kidnapped was the girl´s mother? Looking back, the mother being kidnapped would make a lot of sense.

My theory is as follows (this is only my assumptions of how it could end up explaining Wesker Children so i don´t think this will be entirely how i put it here, but there is a small chance i end up getting some of it right, so if you don´t like theorizing don´t read further than here otherwise if you are into some speculations let´s delve into it...

there is a secret at this village, the Castle must have a very special thing to it (maybe a type of element with special properties) so some people that are born within it over the years displayed special "gifts". Perhaps with each generation the powers have diminished a bit, but still gave them a special blood that usually prevents them from getting sick and maybe gives then a bit higher intellect too.
During 1959 Someone from Spencer family happens to visit and stay in the castle a bit, has a forbidden romance with one the maids who live there (but she is kind of already a mistress to the count from that castle, and has already a child from that "village chief"). The maid gets pregnant but this time the child is from that Spencer dude, the count from the castle finds out and kills the man, Lord Spencer finds out later on (maybe a few months later the Lord is suspicious for not hearing news of what happened with this man of his family, perhaps the one that was killed was in fact, his nephew) and Ozwell gets the impression from a few rumors that this people might have strange tales of gifted individuals, so Lord spencer sends some troops to kidnap the maid in the forest when she is with her other small girl (but remember the maid is still pregnant with the child of spencer bloodline too). The maid surname was Wesker. The little girl is found by the witch (actually her grandmother) and returned to live with the count in the castle.

Spencer meets the castle maid, after a while she delivers the baby, this now is 1960 Lord Spencer raises the child as his own, he names her Alex W., he lies and tells her both their parents died in an accident.
Meanwhile Spencer secretly mantains Alex´s mom alive, he sees the blood of that family is truly special enough for his plans of using it with the progenitor virus, its later time to extract her eggs and from that he can create 12 other individuals (he already has Alex so in total they are 13) these would be his children.
Each of his children got sperm donors that are in fact people from Spencer´s cabal, his associates, but Albert Wesker is conceived with sperm from a special family that are old friends with Spencer, the french Fabron family. The children are raised as normal parts of these families from those associates. Altough this is kept a secret from the other 2 Umbrella founders, James Marcus and Edward Ashford.
Spencer cabal are members of his secret society, and eventually the babies are born so that´s circa 1967 (Albert is among them).
Alex is raised alongside another boy also from that family called Daniel Fabron. (Daniel is just a couple years younger than her)
Later Daniel Fabron is completing 17 years old starts snooping around about Alex´s (and his small brother Albert) origins, Daniel becomes suspicious because Spencer had been very strict about not letting Albert visit the Spencer family too much, and only Daniel was allowed to talk to Alex, perhaps because since the beginning Spencer planned to seed curiosity deep into Albert Wesker´s mind about all this old man wealth and secrets.
Spencer is told about this but he has already groomed Alex to become his right-hand in his plans of world conquest, she is a very bright teenager now and Spencer starts telling her about her special blood and that she is half spencer and half wesker so she has to command alongside Spencer in the new world, Spencer entrust her with files about all the Wesker children, she has to monitor all of them from a distance.
The plans start to unfold and they see that the new boy from Fabron´s family is taken to North America, from now Spencer considers him the most gifted of this other 12 children and will take him to be one of the chief Researcher in the Arklay Mountains Umbrella Compound.
in this scenario, the little girl from the RE 8 local tale and the woman seen with the white dress with her other associates (the one that looks a lot like Alex Wesker) are one and the same and she is in fact, Alex´s half-sister and - the maid´s daughter with the count.

Later on when Alex apparently dies (during Revelations 2) Daniel Fabron goes to Romania (he was snooping around trying to find Alex origins remember?) and he joins Alex half-sister and gives her the research he has so they create the Connections to stablish their own empire from what they gathered, possibly interested now in the child of Ethan Winters and Mia (i´m not sure if Albert and Fabron were already experimenting with the Mold before, its possible too that Albert Wesker submitted part of the money and equipments he got with his HCF to Fabron´s Connections mold research, and that probably happened back when Wesker was still somewhat unaware of Lord Spencer´s whole plan, since when it got to that point Albert put all his chips on the Ouroboros project and his other partner Excella.

The part about the baby and how Chris connects to this though i haven´t pieced much.
Maybe he realises that Fabron wants Mia and the baby so they can create an army of new W children or he is there because he was manipulated to provide the baby to these villains?

and that is all i have theorized so far... if you enjoyed please comment and see if you have other insights that might align with the theory or if you have another theory that´s cooler than this one.

Last edited:

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Nothing says it's specifically Chris's story coming to a close, it's just the phrase at the beginning of the trailer, it could be referring to either of the two characters. Chris dying would be a bit predictable at this rate, so I hope it's just bait and its Ethan's story that is ending once and for all

Top Bottom