• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 Resident Evil 3 Remake has leaked!

Only CODE: Veronica to go and we can finally say that we have all classic titles adapted to modern standards. Even though, my bet is that CV will probably come out after RE8, next gen.

I like what I've seen here but I still don't understand why they couldn't get Julia Voth for this. This model looks consistent enough with the Remake one for sure but also different at the same time... Anyway, not even close to Weirdfield level of horrible, really lol
Carlos's hair is bugging me, still don't get what's complicated about a man with slight long hair.
As for Nemesis, he looks awesome and deformed, just like he's supposed to. Don't care if he has a horrible nose, he's still ugly which means they did it right.
I wouldn’t mind if they revisit 0 and actually have it more focused on the Bravo team, while fixing the pacing issues of the game.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I wouldn’t mind if they revisit 0 and actually have it more focused on the Bravo team, while fixing the pacing issues of the game.

I highly doubt it, truth is that RE0 Remaster looks gorgeous as hell and the character models were already adapted to modern standards to an extent, same with RE1 Remake.

From what I can tell, I believe that Capcom's focus is to revisit their most classic titles that look extremely outdated like RE3 or CODE: Veronica (those games are still playable and look good for their time but nothing close to 0 or Remake as far as visuals go). Other than that, they are still on Remake 2 hype and, in one way or another RE3 and CODE: Veronica are directly connected to RE2.
After playing RE2 people will want to know the fate of the city and that's the answer RE3 provides you. RE2 also left a loose end which is also the main reason why Claire was in the game, her search for Chris, and the answer for this is CODE: Veronica.

I believe these subsequent Remakes are revolving around the story of RE2. I also believe that CODE: Veronica will be their last Remake, when and if it gets announced (fingers crossed it does).

Capcom had been hinting before that they wanted to revisit the remake, and I really think it's a timeless game, but I guess if there's enough demand for a third person style, then it's possible. We had the tank controls, and the first person perspective with the shooter Wii games. But to be honest, I do think that they should maybe focus on remakes less, and move on with the blue Umbrella story very soon.

:sneaky:

It's a giving that we would get another remake to make up the trilogy after 2 was released, and since CVX ties into RE 2, I could see Stephanie Panisello returning for that game. After that though, there would be nothing original worth doing a remake of, as nobody cares about the spin offs. If they started doing remakes of 4 and 5 and all that too, this would be kind of ridiculous, as they're not classics in the same breath as the others, and they already have the over the shoulder viewpoint anyway.

So that's just my two cents, but I am glad we got this leak at the ass end of 2019, as the Project Resistance stuff kind of annoyed me.

:devilish:

Coffee! Get some. :coffee:

Captain Redfield

Capcom had been hinting before that they wanted to revisit the remake, and I really think it's a timeless game, but I guess if there's enough demand for a third person style, then it's possible. We had the tank controls, and the first person perspective with the shooter Wii games. But to be honest, I do think that they should maybe focus on remakes less, and move on with the blue Umbrella story very soon.

:sneaky:

It's a giving that we would get another remake to make up the trilogy after 2 was released, and since CVX ties into RE 2, I could see Stephanie Panisello returning for that game. After that though, there would be nothing original worth doing a remake of, as nobody cares about the spin offs. If they started doing remakes of 4 and 5 and all that too, this would be kind of ridiculous, as they're not classics in the same breath as the others, and they already have the over the shoulder viewpoint anyway.

So that's just my two cents, but I am glad we got this leak at the ass end of 2019, as the Project Resistance stuff kind of annoyed me.

:devilish:

Coffee! Get some. :coffee:

Yup, totally agree with you. I find it odd that people are asking for RE4 and 5 Remakes LOL
Seriously, wtf? Who would prefer an RE4 Remake over CODE: Veronica? The game already has the over the shoulder gameplay that holds up pretty well even to this day, there's ZERO benefits in Remaking RE4. Just RE: Engine visuals, but what about the rest? The same style of camera from the original? Less creatures? (because yeah, I don't think they can pull off RE4's variety on this new engine). No hand to hand combat to make it less action?
There's literally no way they can Remake RE4, not on this day and age when MOST games play exactly like it did in 2004. Same goes to RE5.

The possibilities are endless really. It would be a huge missed opportunity to not include several new locations. Maybe there will be a separate Carlos campaign as well. They have a lot more room to experiment with this title without breaking canon unlike RE2.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the subway we saw in the intro for RE2 Remake that was absent from the game is going to show up in this one. I'm hoping we can go in more buildings like apartments and the like as well.

I've also seen people clamoring for RE4 or RE5 remakes. Why!? Both games hold up fine and I don't see how remaking either would make either one dramatically better unless they completely retcon the story. CODE Veronica seems like the next likely choice after this if they don't decide to remake another series instead such as Dino Crisis or Onimusha (both of which I'm sure are in the pipeline as well).

:p

My opinion on the RE2 remake has improved somewhat. Initially, I really hated it, and called it a faithless modern day, piece of trash. Well, I don't think it's right that they left out a lot of content, and half-assed the DLC, and made Mr. X look stupid. But as a modern take on something old, it is what it is. I saw it a mile off anyway. It's a fan service type of game. It doesn't impact future sequels at all.

Don't be surprised though, if a lot of classic RE3 creatures don't appear in the new one anymore. The spiders definitely won't be. I mean, why'd they omit those in 2 and bring them back in 3 all of a sudden? Meh. The 'brain drainers' better be in, God darn it. :D

:unsure:

I can't see RE3 without those, and also, the Hunters. Oh, wow. What will they be like under the RE Engine? Please, Capcom. DO NOT omit the Hunters. Could you really have the audacity to call this RE3 if you do that, Capcom? Ha-ha. Get outta town...

:p

My opinion on the RE2 remake has improved somewhat. Initially, I really hated it, and called it a faithless modern day, piece of trash. Well, I don't think it's right that they left out a lot of content, and half-assed the DLC, and made Mr. X look stupid. But as a modern take on something old, it is what it is. I saw it a mile off anyway. It's a fan service type of game. It doesn't impact future sequels at all.

Don't be surprised though, if a lot of classic RE3 creatures don't appear in the new one anymore. The spiders definitely won't be. I mean, why'd they omit those in 2 and bring them back in 3 all of a sudden? Meh. The 'brain drainers' better be in, God darn it. :D

:unsure:

I can't see RE3 without those, and also, the Hunters. Oh, wow. What will they be like under the RE Engine? Please, Capcom. DO NOT omit the Hunters. Could you really have the audacity to call this RE3 if you do that, Capcom? Ha-ha. Get outta town...
According to Dusk Golem, RE3 has had a lot more time to bake in the oven. RE2's development apparently was very rocky during it's middle phase and lots of things had to be scrapped, retooled or redone. Supposedly, RE3 has been sailing smooth the entire way. I honestly could see most of the enemies (even the spiders) being present due to this. Also, keep in mind that Capcom put out a survey right after RE2 was released asking fans for their comments or criticism. I think they heard the complaints about 2.

But yes, drain Deimos/brain suckers and the hunters absolutely have to be present. They're the lickers of 3. Getting rid of them is out of the question. I'm very excited to see how both look in the RE engine.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
I've seen people already complaining about Jill's looks and I gotta say: As much as I love Julia Voth Jill, like pretty much everybody, I didn't expect her to reprise her role anyway since I'm aware of Capcom's issues with consistent looks. I'm just happy she ain't anywhere near as bad as Craptain Shitfield (aka RE7 Chris/I'm Redfield). That shit was downright bad as was Revelations Jill. I do like the new look, even if it isn't Julia Voth, while I hated her Revelations look from the very beginning, so this is definitely an improvement for sure.

As for the outfit: They have gotten rid of her tube top, though I hope she'll get a new one based on this alternative:

I got used to Miguel's (from Tekken) ... Err... Carlos' new rugged look, too and for some reason I get a distinctive RE6 Chris vibe from him, way more than I get from Shitfield. Just hoping he'll still hit on Jill and talk about 'dem foxy ladies :ROFLMAO:

Nemesis is okay. I guess I need some time to get used to his new nose job lol

According to Dusk Golem, RE3 has had a lot more time to bake in the oven. RE2's development apparently was very rocky during it's middle phase and lots of things had to be scrapped, retooled or redone. Supposedly, RE3 has been sailing smooth the entire way. I honestly could see most of the enemies (even the spiders) being present due to this. Also, keep in mind that Capcom put out a survey right after RE2 was released asking fans for their comments or criticism. I think they heard the complaints about 2.

But yes, drain Deimos/brain suckers and the hunters absolutely have to be present. They're the lickers of 3. Getting rid of them is out of the question. I'm very excited to see how both look in the RE engine.
Makes you wondering why RE3make goes more smoothly than RE2. Heard that RE3make will be much longer than 2.

Last edited:

Captain Redfield

If they do remake CODE: Veronica I just hope they don't use Dandy as Chris again since I'm positive they'll use Claire's Remake 2 model (for obvious reasons, same age and takes place only 3 months after 2 but no copy/paste of Weirdfield for Chris for god's sake).

These are exciting times for me personally, the Raccoon Streets are my favorite setting in the series. I can't wait to explore what it has to offer and, hopefully, provides me that same unique experience as the original game did.
As for CODE: Veronica it has some of the best character moments in the series, an overall fantastic adventure and one hell of a story filled with important plot points and some interesting symbology among its details. I'll remain optimistic regarding this possible Remake, as I say, it makes zero sense to Remake RE2/RE3 and leave CODE: Veronica out since it is a direct sequel to RE2 as far as plot goes.

I hope we also get Brad Vickers as a boss. I think he will still be in the game, even if he appears as a minor character, giving that Nemesis kills him in front of Jill to kick off things in the original. ?‍♂️

He has to be in the game. Right? ?

If he's not... that's just wrong. ?

Appearance wise, I love Jill. She's no Julia Voth but it's much better than the awful new face she got in Revelations. The removal of the tube top is disappointing but I guarantee it'll be in the game as either an unlockable or free download like the classic outfits were for RE2. I've never loved Carlos as a character so I can take or leave his new design. He looked a bit too chubs in Umbrella Chronicles/ORC. Nemesis... Man, I can't get over the damn nose. I hate it. It's insignificant but it just looks so goofy to me. I get what they were going for with it but it just does not work for me at all. And the caution tape on his limiter. Why? Who put that there and for what purpose? Anybody who would be getting close to this thing in an umbrella lab should already know to be extremely cautious. Hopefully it'll grow on me. I absolutely despised what they did to Mr. X when they first revealed him too.

The grave digger will absolutely be back, it's the only boss in the game aside from Nemesis himself. Brad has to be in too, it's the perfect way to introduce nemesis to Jill by having him face fuck Brad brutally right infront of her. I assume it'll probably happen in a different area this time though and not directly infront of the RPD.

Yama

Owner
I love what I’m seeing. I really think they nailed the character models, goes with the new look of the REngine. Nemesis I can’t lie, on that one Z version I thought it was fake at first. Not that it’s bad, it just caught me off guard after all these years of seeing him a certain way. It’s supposed to be more realistically deformed and it is, I like it. But most of all Jill is back, properly.

RE:3 has the ability to be one of the best games the series has ever seen. RE:2 is nostalgia, it has to stay closer to source material based on memorable area design alone. RE:3 however can branch out so much more because of its open ended city. There can be additional lore that doesn’t stray from canon, references galore. Areas would be easy to add, some new and even those not seen in OG 3 but found in games like Outbreak.

Quite some time ago we had an article talking about our dream “next-gen” Biohazard. I wanted a more open ended city game that brought back the horror atmosphere in an ultra realistic way. It’s crazy to think we’ll be getting exactly that, but in an even more iconic way via a game I did not think would be remade at the time. This seriously has the potential to be one of the best Biohazard titles ever created.

There's a bunch of scenes I can't wait to see expanded on or remade in this remake. The clock tower scene of Nemesis blowing up the helicopter is the main one I can't wait to see. Nemesis just straight up says "bitch, you're not going nowhere".

Also wondering if they'll change up his mutations at all. The second form with more tentacles amassing on his arm and him going shirtless has to stay but I wonder if they'll add to it or change it up like they did with Birkin's 4th form.

We also need more references to the mansion incident or straight up mentions/name drops. The remake of 2 severely lacked this for some reason and it was incredibly disappointing due to it being one of the main things I was excited for them to expand on in the remake.

For the last boss, I hope they change the ending slightly.

"STARS?! I'll give you FUCKING STARS!" :ROFLMAO:

Other than that, I hope Carlos' lines are in too. Can't wait to see what Nicholai, Dario, Mikhail and Brad look like.

Was anybody else a bit disappointed with Ben Bertolucci's model in the RE2 remake? Chief Irons was fine. Marvin was too. But Ben sucked. I hope they don't mess up the looks for the RE Engine.

Last edited:
I hope they dont remove epilogue files and mercenaries mode.
They kept the fourth survivor in 2 and Tofu, I'd assume they'd keep Mercs in this remake as well. Really hoping for the epilogue files though and more references to past characters and the mansion incident in general. RE2 had a severe lack of that, Marvin never even mentioned to Claire or Leon that the STARS members tried to report what they saw in the mansion before the outbreak. Hopefully they've been saving all that for this.

Top Bottom