• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE series has enough games in series now to Keep playing in rotation.

Caffeine Addict

thesaunderschild
Normally, I would begin a marathon run with 0, giving how it's chronologically the beginning. But I honestly don't play 0 or even the remake as much as games like 2 and 3. With 0 especially, it is inclined to drag on and on, especially after you reach the mansion. Then there's not much in the way of a story until Rebecca and Billy get split up. Even so, it's hardly really a prequel. Feels strung together. It is a great game, though, but I feel like it could have been better.

Even the Outbreak games. I wanted to enjoy them, but they are just too hard. So I hardly even have an attempt at those. But at least they have the gameplay mechanics of old RE games before Capcom altered everything forever. Because 4, 5 and 6 are way different games to these retro classics.

Normally, I would begin a marathon run with 0, giving how it's chronologically the beginning. But I honestly don't play 0 or even the remake as much as games like 2 and 3. With 0 especially, it is inclined to drag on and on, especially after you reach the mansion. Then there's not much in the way of a story until Rebecca and Billy get split up. Even so, it's hardly really a prequel. Feels strung together. It is a great game, though, but I feel like it could have been better.

Even the Outbreak games. I wanted to enjoy them, but they are just too hard. So I hardly even have an attempt at those. But at least they have the gameplay mechanics of old RE games before Capcom altered everything forever. Because 4, 5 and 6 are way different games to these retro classics.
I would play re0 after re1 / remake cause it spoils the plot twist about wesker for re1 due to showing him behind the scenes with birkin. Though rebecca would have no idea of knowing this before telling the truth to chris since as far as ı remember; the files cut the names of them to " al " and " will " respectively. It cuts their surnames too. Former being " practical " ( Comes into play for jake. ) and the latter being " scholarly " ( Comes into play for sherry. ) .

https://www.projectumbrella.net/assistant-directors-diary.html

I think ı saw that criticism for rebecca being brought up and how re0 so called " ruins " the story of re1 even though it connects to it just fine without any contradictions. I still find both remake and re0 redundant but ı'll take re0 due to sugimura's writing. Even better to take re0 as a dream plot rebecca would be having when she would be sleeping like how umbrella chronicles hints at it. This would give billy a much better conclusion.

Yeah outbreak games are quite difficult but they still have very deep mechanics. I find re4 and re5's mechanics lacking compared to them. Re6 however shows his honesty much more due to sasaki and suga coming back while also feeling more like an actual re3 imo.

Caffeine Addict

thesaunderschild
I want Billy Coen to return. I think it's sad how they don't want to reveal where he went after leaving Rebecca in the forest.

Some people say he isn't important enough. But I still want to know just the same.

I played dead aim during my marathon and ı want to say that ı like the gameplay a bit more this time. I played it on easy difficulty and it felt much more comfortable. Morpheus' final form felt much more faster to kill. However ı still find morpheus lacking despite enjoying him as an antagonist more than wesker. I feel that without recvx; the game would be much better since it could have expanded wxc while making morpheus connected to it. He seems to be connected to marcus due to his crimes being blamed on morpheus. I wonder if morpheus could be related to brandon bailey too.

Regardless ı prefer survivor over dead aim storywise.

Top Bottom