• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE series has enough games in series now to Keep playing in rotation.

Normally, I would begin a marathon run with 0, giving how it's chronologically the beginning. But I honestly don't play 0 or even the remake as much as games like 2 and 3. With 0 especially, it is inclined to drag on and on, especially after you reach the mansion. Then there's not much in the way of a story until Rebecca and Billy get split up. Even so, it's hardly really a prequel. Feels strung together. It is a great game, though, but I feel like it could have been better.

Even the Outbreak games. I wanted to enjoy them, but they are just too hard. So I hardly even have an attempt at those. But at least they have the gameplay mechanics of old RE games before Capcom altered everything forever. Because 4, 5 and 6 are way different games to these retro classics.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Normally, I would begin a marathon run with 0, giving how it's chronologically the beginning. But I honestly don't play 0 or even the remake as much as games like 2 and 3. With 0 especially, it is inclined to drag on and on, especially after you reach the mansion. Then there's not much in the way of a story until Rebecca and Billy get split up. Even so, it's hardly really a prequel. Feels strung together. It is a great game, though, but I feel like it could have been better.

Even the Outbreak games. I wanted to enjoy them, but they are just too hard. So I hardly even have an attempt at those. But at least they have the gameplay mechanics of old RE games before Capcom altered everything forever. Because 4, 5 and 6 are way different games to these retro classics.
I would play re0 after re1 / remake cause it spoils the plot twist about wesker for re1 due to showing him behind the scenes with birkin. Though rebecca would have no idea of knowing this before telling the truth to chris since as far as ı remember; the files cut the names of them to " al " and " will " respectively. It cuts their surnames too. Former being " practical " ( Comes into play for jake. ) and the latter being " scholarly " ( Comes into play for sherry. ) .

https://www.projectumbrella.net/assistant-directors-diary.html

I think ı saw that criticism for rebecca being brought up and how re0 so called " ruins " the story of re1 even though it connects to it just fine without any contradictions. I still find both remake and re0 redundant but ı'll take re0 due to sugimura's writing. Even better to take re0 as a dream plot rebecca would be having when she would be sleeping like how umbrella chronicles hints at it. This would give billy a much better conclusion.

Yeah outbreak games are quite difficult but they still have very deep mechanics. I find re4 and re5's mechanics lacking compared to them. Re6 however shows his honesty much more due to sasaki and suga coming back while also feeling more like an actual re3 imo.

I want Billy Coen to return. I think it's sad how they don't want to reveal where he went after leaving Rebecca in the forest.

Some people say he isn't important enough. But I still want to know just the same.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I played dead aim during my marathon and ı want to say that ı like the gameplay a bit more this time. I played it on easy difficulty and it felt much more comfortable. Morpheus' final form felt much more faster to kill. However ı still find morpheus lacking despite enjoying him as an antagonist more than wesker. I feel that without recvx; the game would be much better since it could have expanded wxc while making morpheus connected to it. He seems to be connected to marcus due to his crimes being blamed on morpheus. I wonder if morpheus could be related to brandon bailey too.

Regardless ı prefer survivor over dead aim storywise.

I recently played 0 on switch. Those who are planning to get the switch version i should tell it contains all the additional dlc costumes in the game. More reasons to replay again.

RE6 on the switch has Auto QTE option. Every QTE becomes auto. Even when enemy grabs there is no QTE. When turning valve handle there is no QTE.

Playing RE Director's cut Arrange mode as Chris. It's one of the most hardest and fun mode for me in all RE series. Reached guardhouse. I am happy that I don't remember arrange mode item locations so in a way it's like a new RE game for me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm playing re6's campaigns through a different order. I used to arrange them through a chronological sense but the new order ı finished once is:

J1, C1, L1, A1, J2, C2, L2, A2, J3, C3, L3, A3, J4, C4, L4, A4, J5, C5, L5, A5.

I'm trying a different order which is:

L1, C1, J1, A1, L2, C2, J2, A2, L3, C3, J3, A3, L4, C4, J4, A4, L5, C5, J5, A5.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Playing RE Director's cut Arrange mode as Chris. It's one of the most hardest and fun mode for me in all RE series. Reached guardhouse. I am happy that I don't remember arrange mode item locations so in a way it's like a new RE game for me.
I remember playing arrange mode before. I relied on the easy mode trick to make the experience more comfortable. It doubled up the resources and made it more satisfying to kill monsters.

I'm playing re6's campaigns through a different order. I used to arrange them through a chronological sense but the new order ı finished once is:

J1, C1, L1, A1, J2, C2, L2, A2, J3, C3, L3, A3, J4, C4, L4, A4, J5, C5, L5, A5.

I'm trying a different order which is:

L1, C1, J1, A1, L2, C2, J2, A2, L3, C3, J3, A3, L4, C4, J4, A4, L5, C5, J5, A5.
Interesting i will copy it. Next time I will play in the same order you are playing.

That double ammo trick works in standard mode too. I like playing it as director intended. Mikami says even he has trouble playing director's cut Arrange mode

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Interesting i will copy it. Next time I will play in the same order you are playing.

That double ammo trick works in standard mode too. I like playing it as director intended. Mikami says even he has trouble playing director's cut Arrange mode
I wish that trick was also added to remake. I would have liked to double the resources in all difficulties for that game too.

I wish that trick was also added to remake. I would have liked to double the resources in all difficulties for that game too.
Or they would have added a code like in RE2 for unlimited ammo.

Remake is fun game but it can be hard. Sometimes when i am playing in hard mode which i rarely play, I use up more ammo, so i restart the game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Or they would have added a code like in RE2 for unlimited ammo.

Remake is fun game but it can be hard. Sometimes when i am playing in hard mode which i rarely play, I use up more ammo, so i restart the game.
Yeah they should have. I quite like that trick, ı wish re engine 2 had an unlockable like that. To this day ı still think re6 has the best infinite ammo unlockables, mixing infinite ammo skills with firearm ones make the weapons incredibly op. Mixing melee damage boost with zombie / j'avo damage boost ones also make dispatching them quite satisfying. It has a lot of aspects which ı miss greatly in re engine games.

I really need to play the old ones again. I know I claim to be a fan. But maybe it's just because I want something new to play instead, so I have neglected them for this long. :D

I really need to play the old ones again. I know I claim to be a fan. But maybe it's just because I want something new to play instead, so I have neglected them for this long. :D
I like playing Re1 and RE2. RE1 has the most amount of different campaigns.

Re1 has Jill and Chris mode, Directors cut has Advance mode which changes item locations and increases the number of enemies. You have RE DS which adds new puzzles, greater the number of enemies and swapping some key items.

RE1 remake has Normal, hard, real survivor, one dangerous zombie and invisible enemy mode which can be played on very easy.

RE 2 has scenarios, N64 versions changes location of non key items. Dreamcast and PC version has nightmare mode and Dual shock version has Extreme battle. Which is available on all ports.

I replay RE1 a lot because it most number of different modes.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I feel the opposite. I find myself going back to old ones rather than wanting more new games. I can play from re1 to re6 and get enough conclusion. I think the " bio " side " died " after suga's tragic demise, ever since corps and moon, the series dont even feel like " bio " . I never felt " resident evil " fit to the series' name, it only fits for the 1st one, after that " biohazard " title fits the entries better.

I feel the opposite. I find myself going back to old ones rather than wanting more new games. I can play from re1 to re6 and get enough conclusion. I think the " bio " side " died " after suga's tragic demise, ever since corps and moon, the series dont even feel like " bio " . I never felt " resident evil " fit to the series' name, it only fits for the 1st one, after that " biohazard " title fits the entries better.
I don't like 8 and rarely play 7. For me Resident Evil ended will 6. I will still play next RE games but just to beat them once. I am ok with RE games from 0 to 6. It will not matter to me if 7 and 8 would disappear.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I don't like 8 and rarely play 7. For me Resident Evil ended will 6. I will still play next RE games but just to beat them once. I am ok with RE games from 0 to 6. It will not matter to me if 7 and 8 would disappear.
I still didnt play re engine village. It looked similar to 2017 game but more of a re4 reimagining rather than re1. I already got burned from playing 2017 game. I dont feel this way when playing re6 or re4 on steam, ı find those most comfortable to play.

Normally, I just play the old games and can include RE4 as my cutting off point. But after that, I struggle to maintain interest.

Revelations 2 is very good though, and RE7 makes for another fine experience if I'm in the appropriate mood for it. But I am not gonna be revisiting RE8 any day soon.

I didn't even bother playing the DLC during the autumn. That's how lame it has gotten. My favourite series, and it didn't grab my interest. In fact, it kind of bothers me that they were trying to copy Silent Hill, which RE has no reason to be getting carried away with, since RE isn't really supposed to be about supernatural type storylines, mannequins, doll creatures, and other assorted nonsense like fat vendors, werewolves, and vampires.

I know that RE8 in itself isn't actually supernatural, but the vibes it gave off made some fans feel like that.

Normally, I just play the old games and can include RE4 as my cutting off point. But after that, I struggle to maintain interest.

Revelations 2 is very good though, and RE7 makes for another fine experience if I'm in the appropriate mood for it. But I am not gonna be revisiting RE8 any day soon.

I didn't even bother playing the DLC during the autumn. That's how lame it has gotten. My favourite series, and it didn't grab my interest. In fact, it kind of bothers me that they were trying to copy Silent Hill, which RE has no reason to be getting carried away with, since RE isn't really supposed to be about supernatural type storylines, mannequins, doll creatures, and other assorted nonsense like fat vendors, werewolves, and vampires.

I know that RE8 in itself isn't actually supernatural, but the vibes it gave off made some fans feel like that.
You are right RE8 does feels like it supernatural elements. I played RE8 twice and i didn't liked it. I hated a section where game takes away all my weapons and a turret boss fight. I also dislike invincible stalker enemies.

We cannot explore castle in peace. After defeating the main boss castle locks out.

Top Bottom