• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Random Thoughts

So this is a video ı found. I havent fully watched it but only checked the last portion where tgbs seems to be a fan of the game. Personally ı always wanted to get into final fantasy with 13 but its fandom put me off from the series for a long while, especially due to 13 being one of the most if not the absolute most hated game of the series.

The SH2 remake looks very faithful. But it also has new areas to explore, so I honestly wonder why anyone would be complaining. I think Bloober Team has did a fine job.

The fog doesn't look as thick, but the fog was there really more so as a correction to a technical problem in the original.

So this is a video ı found. I havent fully watched it but only checked the last portion where tgbs seems to be a fan of the game. Personally ı always wanted to get into final fantasy with 13 but its fandom put me off from the series for a long while, especially due to 13 being one of the most if not the absolute most hated game of the series.
I watched the review. It's one of the most informative ones ı found. I never liked the anti-fan narratives regarding final fantasy 13 so the video was really refreshing to hear about the game. I still want to play final fantasy 13 games despite not being a fan of the series right now.

I haven't played any of those games.

My older sister imported them and finished them, despite being in Japanese. That's incredible.

October cannot come fast enough for me. I've not had any great games to play in ages.

I haven't played any of those games.

My older sister imported them and finished them, despite being in Japanese. That's incredible.

October cannot come fast enough for me. I've not had any great games to play in ages.
Me neither. Another game ı've been curious about was callisto protocol. I watched a review from someone who praises 4-5-6 for being the prime of re series and callisto protocol seems to be more of a " kungfu horror " like those 3 games which is neat cause those 3 games are still very entertaining to play to this day. Like final fantasy 13, ı wouldnt get it on pc but on ps4 if ı would while for final fantasy 13, ı was planning to buy it from ps3 store since ı bought digital copies of games from ps3 store before.

The review about callisto protocol also showed footage from various games considered " horror " and one of them was silent hill 2. From what ı've seen, it looked unintentionally comedical, the guy was simply beating up naked mannequins with what looked like a stick of all things. And they were making hilarious noises. The game was also awkwardly quiet with no music playing whatsoever, despite not playing any of silent hill games, silent hill 2 looked like one of the most overrated games ı've ever seen. I also dont have interest for its remake, ı would get into the series with the 3rd game cause that's the only one which really caught my attention, ı could play it through an emulator, ı dont remember if silent hill 3 was on ps2 but if it is, then maybe ı can play it through pcsx2 emulator if ı would have enough interest for it. I have plentiful options of games to approach and record to my channel.

I think you'd really like a lot of those old horror games, and if anything, you can say you at least gave them a shot.

Clock Tower is a good point and click game. The PS1 game is actually a sequel. The first one was only released for the Super Famicon, but it is getting remastered on the PS4.

The idea is that you walk around places like a university campus, finding keys and having to run away from Scissorman when his music starts. You don't fight him, as such. You mostly hide or run away until he temporarily gives up the chase. There's a lot of branching paths, so you can resume as different characters depending on how you go about things. Then you get multiple endings. Both good and lousy.

There is dialogue with voice acting, but only sometimes. I completed it back in 2004, which makes me feel old today.

The other ones were unrelated in terms of the story. The third one (technically the fourth) was about a girl who is transported back in time. You were always using holy water as a way to defend yourself, which you had to replenish at fountains. You had to run away from these stalkers to avoid having a panic attack. But eventually you'd fight the bosses with a magical bow, and they got increasingly harder to defeat.

I definitely enjoyed them at the time. But I had so many games in my previous collection that I hadn't played in years.

I think you'd really like a lot of those old horror games, and if anything, you can say you at least gave them a shot.

Clock Tower is a good point and click game. The PS1 game is actually a sequel. The first one was only released for the Super Famicon, but it is getting remastered on the PS4.

The idea is that you walk around places like a university campus, finding keys and having to run away from Scissorman when his music starts. You don't fight him, as such. You mostly hide or run away until he temporarily gives up the chase. There's a lot of branching paths, so you can resume as different characters depending on how you go about things. Then you get multiple endings. Both good and lousy.

There is dialogue with voice acting, but only sometimes. I completed it back in 2004, which makes me feel old today.

The other ones were unrelated in terms of the story. The third one (technically the fourth) was about a girl who is transported back in time. You were always using holy water as a way to defend yourself, which you had to replenish at fountains. You had to run away from these stalkers to avoid having a panic attack. But eventually you'd fight the bosses with a magical bow, and they got increasingly harder to defeat.

I definitely enjoyed them at the time. But I had so many games in my previous collection that I hadn't played in years.
Dont you find it strange that from silent hill series, they are remaking the 2nd game before the 1st? Despite not being a fan of the series, it comes off more like a red flag by skipping the 1st entry of the series in favor of remaking the 2nd game earlier than capcom skipping the stories between re3 and re4 in favor of doing re:4 instead. Personally ı'm tired of refakes in general not to mention how the games look more and more identical to each other, the new story ideas could have been utilized for an actual new game story instead.

I looked into ps3 store and only the 2nd and last final fantasy 13 games are listed. The 1st one isnt available on the store. I dont want to get the games on pc since they seem to be suffering as ports.

Top Bottom