• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Nitpicking...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont understand why many think online is required to enjoy re5 or re6. That couldnt be more false. I can play them by myself and enjoy them just fine, playing online makes it more stressful if anything, especially with a random player who you cant even know what they will do. Plus the bad memories of csgo, an incredibly terrible game that's overrated, makes me play re5 and re6 by myself more. I still played re6 online a good amount and from the experience of agent hunt, ı've seen many sucking at the game very badly, to the point it felt like they were new to gaming or something.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So? It's just an incredibly small portion of the game. I dont even remember having this problem when playing re5 on steam that long and many times ı resetted my progress on purpose to start from stratch. Personally it's the melee system that ı dont like in re5, particularly the arm melee attacks. You need to perform them on majinis to get the finisher prompt which ı dont like. I would have preferred if the finishers were more easier to perform like in re6.

It seems the Australian moron comes here and reads my posts. He signed up on anxietyforum.net today, as "Japanese Leon." 🎎

Imagine being 37, and being that sad to follow a guy around online, who doesn't like you. Yeah. It's possible to be that much of a failure. 😑

But meh. He sucks anyway. 😇

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm glad re5's ps4 version has mercenaries united. Compared to the mercenaries modes in re6's ps4 version, ı would say re5's united mode is better, especially since it has all characters and maps unlocked right from start. I had to unlock characters for mercenaries separately again for re6's ps4 port. Carla's still unlocked by unlocking all costumes and that requires to play ada's campaign since beating it unlocks ada for mercenaries. United seems like a combo of normal and reunion modes but more based on the latter apparently. I will try that on ps4 eventually. I hope farming points to unlock infinite ammo for all weapons will be easier compared to the tedious work ı've gone through on pc.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I have yet to get into PC gaming. I'd have to get a super powerful set up. 🖥️
My new gaming laptop improved my experience with some of the entries on steam. Re5, re6 and rerev games are the ones who benefit the most ı would say, especially re6 becoming even better. Re4 however required a patch to open and play, the game is so barebones that people on modding forums still mod it. Re5 and re6 still have the most amount of mods but re4 isnt that behind. Re2r got supported through even more mods than re4 but still behind re5 and re6. Personally ı find re6's mods the most fun, mostly costume mods that vary the experience.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I also finished re5 on ps4 recently and once again ı think it's better than re4. It was much more enjoyable and more fun. Easily the best version of the game by a long mile, definitely more effort put into it than re6's ps4 port but ı still like that as well despite giving a bad impression right from the start.

Really the only things I don’t care to have in RE games are turret sequences, forced walk in chats, and stick wiggle QTE’s. I can tolerate or handle just about everything else besides bad storytelling lol.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Fully upgraded 3 weapons and obtained infinite ammo for them after enough farming of gold and points. Man it brings back memories back in 2013-5. On pc, ı remember obtaining infinite ammo for all weapons but suddenly a strange patch happened and it resetted my progress to 0. I couldnt even bring it back so ı had to start from stratch. Also ı found a way to farm infinite amount of golden eggs through online or something, ı didnt wanna redo it again cause it felt tedious and required online if ı remember correctly. These days ı just dont find myself playing online with strangers like how ı wanted to try my chance back in the day.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I tried united mode as well. I played as jill bsaa and sheva bsaa. I would say it's better than ı expected and certainly the best mercenaries version of re5 compared to pc but it still felt a bit underwhelming and limited compared to re6. Personally ı think re6 still has the most fun mercenaries in the series. Unlike re5 where ı cant bring myself to like the maps after the 1st one, with re6, ı can adapt to all maps fine.

Really the only things I don’t care to have in RE games are turret sequences, forced walk in chats, and stick wiggle QTE’s. I can tolerate or handle just about everything else besides bad storytelling lol.

The blue Umbrella stuff has slightly rejuvenated my interest. I'm sure they will take long enough to further it in any capacity. But hopefully this is what RE9 will focus on.

I think the main issue is they get cold feet, so making up more mumbo-jumbo is the new normal for Capcom.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The blue Umbrella stuff has slightly rejuvenated my interest. I'm sure they will take long enough to further it in any capacity. But hopefully this is what RE9 will focus on.

I think the main issue is they get cold feet, so making up more mumbo-jumbo is the new normal for Capcom.
I wished they followed from re6's loose ends instead. I dislike ucorps due to bringing back both umbrella and wesker, ı would have disliked re7 less if ı didnt even play that game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Between bsaa emblems and serpent emblems, ı still prefer the latter. In re5, you dont even unlock extra files by shooting emblems unlike in re6 and rerev2, you only unlock 2 costumes and some figures. In re6, you unlock much more collectibles, the files can even be expanded on re net. I still wished the extra portions made to the game but it's still one of the best storytelling ı've ever found in a game. Rerev2 also brings that back, again you can shoot emblems to unlock files and there's even more options than that, you can destroy larvae with natalia and lighten up the hidden drawings with moira which unlock more files as well. I wished they brought back that file unlocking system from re6 and rerev2. I remember being quite fascinated when reading them, they are full of deep story symbolism.

Well, I liked the Neo-Umbrella storyline in RE6. I agree that the pre-RE Engine era has its flaws, but that period is way better than the crap they have subjected us to now. It looked as if they were trying to make up for killing off Wesker, but I think they realized all too late, they had nowhere to go with it after the reception wasn't what it should have been.

I guess RE6's heat from the fans was why they abandoned that storyline, but I think that was better than RE7's muddled up plot by miles. It's weird how some people act like slow paced games like 7 and 8 are seemingly good enough to be 'Game of the Year' material, yet they hated on 6, when 6 looks more like a proper RE game than 4, 5, 7 or 8 does. Or even any of the side story games, for that matter.

I am not saying RE should be set in a city all of the time, but when RE is not in a city or a lab, and is outside in broad daylight in a village, you just don't feel like it's that creepy anymore. The maze like environments helped to build tension. Now when you can purchase bakoozas and shit to blow up everyone in your path and do Kurt Angle wrestling moves, it's just a hell of a dumb.

Revelations 2 even has zombie-like creatures called the Afflicted, and while the gameplay is a bit jarring, I really genuinely enjoyed playing as Claire and Barry, and the story was perhaps outlandish than is typical for RE, with that whole talking teddy bear stuff, but it's not nearly as much as RE8 is. :(

Nonetheless, I guess I was excited when I saw that first trailer for RE8, with the stories going around that it may have been Alex Wesker. This was quickly shot down, though. Then I finally played the game and thought it was somebody's idea of a joke. I remember at the time, I was calling into Michael Does LIfe's zany shows through Skype, and we roasted all of the fanboys. We couldn't believe that so many people actually loved that game, and then there's the people who say RE3 has cut content and it's a heap of trash, while never specifically casting up RE2 for being just as bad. :D

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Well, I liked the Neo-Umbrella storyline in RE6. I agree that the pre-RE Engine era has its flaws, but that period is way better than the crap they have subjected us to now. It looked as if they were trying to make up for killing off Wesker, but I think they realized all too late, they had nowhere to go with it after the reception wasn't what it should have been.

I guess RE6's heat from the fans was why they abandoned that storyline, but I think that was better than RE7's muddled up plot by miles. It's weird how some people act like slow paced games like 7 and 8 are seemingly good enough to be 'Game of the Year' material, yet they hated on 6, when 6 looks more like a proper RE game than 4, 5, 7 or 8 does. Or even any of the side story games, for that matter.

I am not saying RE should be set in a city all of the time, but when RE is not in a city or a lab, and is outside in broad daylight in a village, you just don't feel like it's that creepy anymore. The maze like environments helped to build tension. Now when you can purchase bakoozas and shit to blow up everyone in your path and do Kurt Angle wrestling moves, it's just a hell of a dumb.

Revelations 2 even has zombie-like creatures called the Afflicted, and while the gameplay is a bit jarring, I really genuinely enjoyed playing as Claire and Barry, and the story was perhaps outlandish than is typical for RE, with that whole talking teddy bear stuff, but it's not nearly as much as RE8 is. :(

Nonetheless, I guess I was excited when I saw that first trailer for RE8, with the stories going around that it may have been Alex Wesker. This was quickly shot down, though. Then I finally played the game and thought it was somebody's idea of a joke. I remember at the time, I was calling into Michael Does LIfe's zany shows through Skype, and we roasted all of the fanboys. We couldn't believe that so many people actually loved that game, and then there's the people who say RE3 has cut content and it's a heap of trash, while never specifically casting up RE2 for being just as bad. :D
I agree with your points. I also saw many wesker fans disliking the story of re6, one of them probably being cause he doesnt appear in it, something the devs actually considered the idea once before scrapping it. And with rerev2, they went ahead and made alex wesker from re5 lin a reality only to follow with ucorps that literally brings back both wesker and umbrella in the exact same game. Cause the series needs a " mainstay villain / antagonist " apparently and there was nothing else to portray as a recurring group other than wesker and umbrella? The family could have been easily that, for at least another game. Concluding the family could have been an end to the storyline quite easily, their influence around the world is far bigger than anything else in the series and ı would rather take down a shadow group that works more like catholic church, ı cringe whenever ı see the family compared to illuminati. Neither los iluminados nor the family work like something ı see as illuminati. It's as bad as calling the bombing of raccoon " nuke " despite it being thermobaric missile with multiple strikes as shown in outbreak games after re3. It still baffles me how revillage and so far death island are direct sequels to both re7 and vendetta respectively and yet re6 still cant get a direct sequel that reunites everyone? Doing that isnt doing the impossible apparently but pleasing re4 fandom by reproducing the exact same thing over and over is? They even had to bring back los iluminados in vendetta, somehow despite leon taking down multiple cult leaders, they are still active as established in ucorps. In re6, you dont even take down multiple politicians, the plot is only centered around one person being a disgusting creep, ı wish they expanded that instead.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I facepalm when ı see many asking for a recurring antagonist. And yet ı dont see as much asking for more returning protagonists, preferably new introductions from re6. When it comes to characters, my preference will always be protagonists over antagonists and playing as multiple returning ones in a single storyline with connected scenarios is much more satisfying to me than having someone hiding in shadows only to undo their mystery as much as possible in a singular entry before taking down that said antagonist in that said entry. Re6 is still the game with the most amount of returning protagonists in a singular storyline, they are all playable in their campaigns. Rerev2 came quite close to this aspect but it still doesnt feel the same.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Imo re5's licker betas are the most threatening variants of the series. My favourites are the ones in damnation but ı still enjoy fighting the ones in re5 the most.

So? It's just an incredibly small portion of the game.
Lucky you have that kind of patience. For me this whole spinning in circles using full herbs and wasting ammo thing was bad in 2009 and it's bad now. The PS4 playthrough I just finished will be the last and I kinda regret revisiting it.

Top Bottom