• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE9 I can see this game taking place in a hotter climate.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm helping him with the article, so we revisited these games and checked the info.

I mean, you can write to him if you want.
I shared him this thread before but he didnt want to reply here. I shared your reply again, wonder if he will reply to this thread here.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The reason why the developers chose the fungus as a new pathogen also has to do with the first game, since the first game was mysterious, and the players did not know whether science or black magic created these creatures. Therefore, the developers chose a new unexplored pathogen to have a ghost angle, for example.
Sorry for replying to this again but can ı ask why this cant apply to any game in the series, assuming that said entry would be the 1st one that person plays? Like ı started the series with re6 in 2013 for example and the story aspects felt mysterious at the time. You started the series with re4, did the story aspects of that game feel mysterious to you?

Also about re7, if you think chosing a new pathogen for the cause of the outbreak can make it feel like re1, then why cant this apply to re4? Not including sugimura's scripts but the final one mikami adapted. Neither re4 nor re7 bring back a virus part of progenitor, they completely rely on original means as the cause for their outbreaks.

I even remember seeing iwao's statement where the essence of bio according to him is the fear of losing free will. I think this apply to re4 and re7 fine, it's just that ı'm deeply nostalgic towards progenitor and ı want to see that as the cause for the outbreaks, even mixing other pathogens with it to take new angles from it.

Relying on some mold to give anything and everything from hallucinations to werewolves to multi-winged immortals is very weak in my opinion. I hope they stick to the super soldier programs gone awry next time.

Relying on some mold to give anything and everything from hallucinations to werewolves to multi-winged immortals is very weak in my opinion. I hope they stick to the super soldier programs gone awry next time.
It’s certainly leaning heavily back into those concepts after RE8 cliffhanger. I really can’t see RE9 being a slow survivor horror game after all that build up. It would be like inflating a balloon up to the point of popping but then deflating it instead. I don’t think we want another major plot being glossed over with a side game like Umbrella’s downfall.

It boils down to creative interests as well. Whatever they have brewing over at Capcom right now, I hope it breaks away from these more familiar titles with mansions, castles, and villages. A new setting regardless if it’s considered “hotter” or not is much needed. I wouldn’t mind another take on a city setting again to be honest since RE:3 did such a lackluster job of fleshing out Raccoon City.

When they remake RE5, they really should have a dense jungle environment where enemies can pop out at anytime like in Vietnam. There is potential there for some spooky encounters even during a daytime setting. I also feel there should be more enemies that travel underground like in Tremors. That can add a sense of panic and distress for players if they have to seek higher ground before getting wiped out. More night settings are also welcome but the execution of these enemy encounters makes all the difference regardless of the time of day.

I love Tremors... now that's a movie they can borrow from. Barry and his wife could be like Burt and Heather. Imagine if the Grave Digger was a sound sensitive boss in RE3:R... sigh.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
When they remake RE5, they really should have a dense jungle environment where enemies can pop out at anytime like in Vietnam. There is potential there for some spooky encounters even during a daytime setting. I also feel there should be more enemies that travel underground like in Tremors. That can add a sense of panic and distress for players if they have to seek higher ground before getting wiped out. More night settings are also welcome but the execution of these enemy encounters makes all the difference regardless of the time of day.
I remember seeing in the cut content that they wanted to include a tyrant as a boss to reference re1. Do you think that will happen in re5r if it would enter production?

I remember seeing in the cut content that they wanted to include a tyrant as a boss to reference re1. Do you think that will happen in re5r if it would enter production?
We’ll have to wait and see, I don’t see why that would contradict anything.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
We’ll have to wait and see, I don’t see why that would contradict anything.
I dont think it would contradict anything either. In damnation they utilize tyrants as enemies in a plaga based story. In vendetta, arias also becomes a tyrant like creature after diego merges with him. Including a separate tyrant might make it more connected to those stories if they would get the interest to do so.

I think the remakes are trying to add in some cancelled ideas, but maybe not a great deal for the sake of continuity being too different. Provided it's the games they know make more money, and would not risk wrecking them. Probably why RE4 is more faithful than 3.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think the remakes are trying to add in some cancelled ideas, but maybe not a great deal for the sake of continuity being too different. Provided it's the games they know make more money, and would not risk wrecking them. Probably why RE4 is more faithful than 3.
If re5r would happen, ı think it might turn out more faithful than both re2-3r. It's quite under re4's influence due to featuring plaga as well as its gameplay and level structures and it's even the best selling entry in the series. Majority of the fandom loves and enjoys the game despite the " Horror good, action bad! " complaints. I wish ı could say that for re6 too but unfortunately ı cant. It would turn out a lot less faithful than even re2-3r, it's even the sequel after re4 that embraces progenitor storyline the most in a " Raccoon goes global! " kind of setting. Sadly majority from the fandom dislikes the game and ı think capcom would change the game as much as possible to please the good portion of the fandom.

It still doesnt surprise me how re4r turned out more faithful than both re2-3r, of course they would favor the game mikami worked as a director more than the 2 games mikami doesnt even like.

Top Bottom