• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Capcom recruiting RE ambassadors to test game currently in development

What game do you think is it?

• Total voters

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
They may remake CVX at a push, but the others do not need to be remade. I could see remasters coming. But not full remakes of them.

There's so much they can do with CODE Veronica, the medieval European setting and the Antartic would provide you a different setting that RE2 and 3 couldn't. They would have the opportunity to work with new environments on the RE Engine and also the only Wesker game we could get now since he's dead.

Unfortunately, it has been stated by one of the devs that a remake of RE1make is a possibility. This is a dangerous path to keep pursuing, because if they keep selling when will the remakes end?
Hopefully I'm just a paranoid loon.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Unfortunately, it has been stated by one of the devs that a remake of RE1make is a possibility. This is a dangerous path to keep pursuing, because if they keep selling when will the remakes end?
Hopefully I'm just a paranoid loon.

Remaking RE2 and 3 I can understand, while fantastic games they still belong to a pixelated era and I'm open to the idea of bringing them to new generations, same with CODE Veronica.
There's no point in remaking RE1 again because:

1- Visually, it already is pretty realistic and acceptable even for today's standards. The Remaster seriously made it look like a game produced for the PS3 and Xbox 360 which says a lot about a 2002 game originally made for the Gamecube;

2- Ironically, the gameplay itself isn't that different from RE2 2019. The only change was the perspective and in RE2 you can move while shooting... RE1 Remake doesn't allow you to move while shooting but the gameplay is very smooth and polished and both games share the defensive item mechanic. Not much separates them gameplay-wise;

Remake was the peak of the classic survival horror formula gameplay-wise with already pretty realistic visuals. I highly doubt they will touch RE1's concept again.
They will certainly Remake 3 and I believe CODE Veronica might be a possibility after 3 comes out since they are going step by step. After CODE Veronica I believe there will be no more Remakes, RE4 is already modern enough, needless to say 5, 6, 7 etc...

I'm against a remake of the remake too. In fact, one of the producers of the Silent Hill series tweeted to voice his disinterest in a remake for that franchise as well. You really have to push on in life, and creative-wise, it's not great to constantly go rehashing the past, or make so many games set in 1998, when that city was destroyed in the third game over 20 years ago.

You really have to push on in life, and creative-wise, it's not great to constantly go rehashing the past, or make so many games set in 1998, when that city was destroyed in the third game over 20 years ago.
I'd love it if more side games visited past outbreaks other than Raccoon. I mean, I love the games covering that outbreak, but there is so much more potential elsewhere, like Terragrigia or something.

The main reason CAPCOM started doing remakes again was because the fans demanded it for so long. RE1make had a lot of cut content and unused ideas, so a remake was more natural, but the only other games that I think would benifit as a story from being remade are the Outbreak games, since they are so disjointed. A director's cut of RE7 with extended levels and scenes would be nice too (like the Baker's dog in the cornfields).
Other than that, I'd prefer new content. Although I still like RE2make, and I'll probably like RE3make too.

This game will surely be announced at TGS later in September imo. If you look at what RE games were announced at TGS lately - Revelations 2(2014), Umbrella Corps(2015) - it should give you an idea what kind of RE game it is. It's 100% either Revelations 3 (perhaps with co-op in both campaign and Raid mode) or a full on online game.

There's just no way Capcom spoils some big AAA game announcement like RE3 remake or RE8 with this meeting.

Yama

Owner
This game will surely be announced at TGS later in September imo. If you look at what RE games were announced at TGS lately - Revelations 2(2014), Umbrella Corps(2015) - it should give you an idea what kind of RE game it is. It's 100% either Revelations 3 (perhaps with co-op in both campaign and Raid mode) or a full on online game.

There's just no way Capcom spoils some big AAA game announcement like RE3 remake or RE8 with this meeting.
Modern day Network Biohazard or something akin to that spirit please. A reboot of the Outbreak premise using the RE Engine. I’m trying to hold back false hope and excitement thinking about it.

If it is a Revelations 3, I'd love to see Billy Coen making a return. We never saw him again after he left Rebecca, but I don't think he could have survived being in the forest with all the dogs and zombies. Where would he go anyway? He would have needed a means of escaping.

Maybe its Outbreak due to Homage Capcom did with the RE2 teaser trailer with mouse perspective hinting of outbreak game being remade (or maybe I'm just reading to much into it.)

It would be great to have an online game with co-op, where you play civilians, and everyone has a certain talent to utilize. Kind of like in the Outbreak games, but in full HD, and genuinely creepy in parts. None of this run and gun shit. Operation Raccoon City was a H-U-U-U-U-G-E screw-up on Capcom's part, and a fully fledged game like it but 1000 times better would help us all to forget that this piece of crap exists.

Invites just went out for those in the US. This was the email I got:

Wish there was one closer to me, New York is over four hours away from me. Needless to say, seems like a reveal is imminent.

Eh screw it, applied anyway. I'll try to find a way there if I get picked.

Last edited:

Yama

Owner
I’m traveling between NYC and LA that week, so it’s perfectly doable and I’m flexible with the location. Applied for both, here’s to hoping.

Tbh I hope it’s RE3 but I would love to get RE8 also, I been playing/watching the RE Franchise growing up it’s apart of my childhood life & my adult life, So I been happy with 7 & 2 coming out because it reminds me this franchise is still alive, I was not a fan of 5 or 6 because of the story but the gameplay was good but I still believe that this franchise is still alive andI will always support it until the end, im 24 years old you can see how many years I been with this franchise with the good games and bad games but I could never stop loving this masterpiece of a franchise thanks capcom! P.S I
Invites just went out for those in the US. This was the email I got:

View attachment 526

Wish there was one closer to me, New York is over four hours away from me. Needless to say, seems like a reveal is imminent.

Eh screw it, applied anyway. I'll try to find a way there if I get picked.

How do I try to join the program to be a tester Or is it to late now ?

If it is a new "Revelations" title, I hope they bring back a character or two we have not seen in years. I think it is a tradition they have to return two characters. I would love to see Rebecca reunite with Billy, but it has been like 20 years and nobody knows where he is. If not him, then Carlos is a possibility. We haven't heard about him in years either. The same with Jill. We have had enough of Chris, but fans want Jill back.

Maybe Sheva and Josh could have more issues in Africa. There's so many characters they could bring back. Ark is a friend of Leon's and that was never explored much at all.

Is Nicholai alive or dead? You know? It is about time Capcom clears this up. Let us know what the canonical outcome was at the factory, Capcom.

And so much more...

I think it has to do with online and multiplayer.
Otherwise what are they testing?
I think something new.
The last email said the game is in early development though so who knows - could be for something next gen.

I'd love a new online game with co-op, or a remastered version of the old Outbreak games, to wash away the stench of Operation Raccoon City forever. That wasn't quite Umbrella Corps bad, but it was still plain B-A-D.

Top Bottom