• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Capcom recruiting RE ambassadors to test game currently in development

What game do you think is it?

• Total voters
Bno.. Soy de Panamá Ojalá q pongan una historia con jake. Ya q puede darle drama con el hijo de wesker.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I'm dying to see a new Revelations game and hopefully it has a stealth focus like the second one. I can't be the only one who loves stealth, am I? RE6 introduced stealth but Revelations 2 refined it to the core where you can hide in bushes and there's overall larger areas to come up with strategies, End of Zoe made use of such mechanics but in first person.
That's one of the reasons why I love Revelations 2, it brought refined stealth mechanics to the series.

I could see it being RE8, that game has been in development since RE7 but I don't see why they would want to garner feedback on it unless its doing something a lot different from RE7 this time. Rumors about RE3 are that its outsourced so if its that, I guess it could be to see if its up to par with the quality people expect from current RE games. If it's Revelations 3, I'm really hoping we get Jill as one of the leads this time. She's been absent for far too long.

But I'm not sure how hyped I would be for a new Rev game personally. 1 and 2, while fun games just feel like they're completely lacking in most departments when compared to either RE7 or RE2. I know they're typically budget games and that's probably the reason for it but I never got the craving to dive right back in after I beat them as I did with the last two most recent releases. I guess we'd be seeing a continuation of the Alex-Natalia story that they set up at the end of Rev 2. That'd be interesting to see at least.

My absolute dream come true would be a brand new Outbreak reboot but a man can dream I guess. ;)

Yama

Owner
I could see it being RE8, that game has been in development since RE7 but I don't see why they would want to garner feedback on it unless its doing something a lot different from RE7 this time. Rumors about RE3 are that its outsourced so if its that, I guess it could be to see if its up to par with the quality people expect from current RE games. If it's Revelations 3, I'm really hoping we get Jill as one of the leads this time. She's been absent for far too long.

But I'm not sure how hyped I would be for a new Rev game personally. 1 and 2, while fun games just feel like they're completely lacking in most departments when compared to either RE7 or RE2. I know they're typically budget games and that's probably the reason for it but I never got the craving to dive right back in after I beat them as I did with the last two most recent releases. I guess we'd be seeing a continuation of the Alex-Natalia story that they set up at the end of Rev 2. That'd be interesting to see at least.

My absolute dream come true would be a brand new Outbreak reboot but a man can dream I guess. ;)
As much as I like it, I don’t think we’ll see Jill in Rev 3 as she’s the head of RE:3. Premiering two different Jills anywhere near each other would be pretty odd.

But yeah, I’m with you in wanting Outbreak or a similar styled online game.

I'm hoping if it is a spin-off, it has a story. That new VR game just looked like a generic and gimmicky co-op game with no soul. Kind of like Umbrella Corps, but perhaps nowhere as awful. But still: If they are going to put money into these games, the story absolutely bloody appeals to us gamers. Of course, the game has to play well too. That's very important. But to me, the story has definitely always mattered.

Yama

Owner
The last time I remember them holding an event to test a game as such was NYC Fright Fest for Operation Raccoon City. It makes me think even more so it may be some sort of multiplayer title, which I’m down for (but more ala Outbreak, not any bit of ORC).

Come on guys let’s really think about this, in what situations do we need gamer feedback. Almost always it is for multiplayer. RE8 is most likely never going to be shown to random fans in an event before it’s revealed, the only way that happens if it is some experimental VR title where they need outside data, but I still doubt that.

I believe this has to be some online title or an online mode. I sure hope it isn’t some crap Umbrella Corps, I much rather have some new kind of online raid mode for Rev 3.

The other possibility is if RE3 is outsourced and clearly something went wrong before E3 that had them pull it out so maybe they are making sure RE3 is up to stuff. Or mercenaries mode is going to try something new and interesting.

My best guess is RE3 it Rev3 with new kinds of online modes.

Yama

Owner
Come on guys let’s really think about this, in what situations do we need gamer feedback. Almost always it is for multiplayer. RE8 is most likely never going to be shown to random fans in an event before it’s revealed, the only way that happens if it is some experimental VR title where they need outside data, but I still doubt that.

I believe this has to be some online title or an online mode. I sure hope it isn’t some crap Umbrella Corps, I much rather have some new kind of online raid mode for Rev 3.

The other possibility is if RE3 is outsourced and clearly something went wrong before E3 that had them pull it out so maybe they are making sure RE3 is up to stuff. Or mercenaries mode is going to try something new and interesting.

My best guess is RE3 it Rev3 with new kinds of online modes.
Yeah that’s definitely the other aspect to it I also was thinking of. You’re not going to essentially leak your big reveal of RE8 to a group of fans. It’s almost definitely multiplayer related. I’m hoping for a new ip similar to OB, I recently wrote an article on it:

Hola Buenos días yo creo que van a sacar algo uno que se está implantando en muchos juegos el batle royale de resident Evil 8 entre otras cosas nuevas

Eso es una buena teoria. Y buenas a Biohaze!

So they are saying it could be a battle Royale mode in RE8 or other RE game since battle royal is so popular. This is in line with what I am thinking, a new online mode.

Since UCorps was poorly recieved, getting fan feedback makes even more sense if they are trying multiplayer again. Since the testers need to have some experience with the series, they are probably at least trying to appeal to fans with this, which is good.

I'm not personally a big fan of competitive multiplayer, but if it has a story I'm interested, although not exactly hyped.

Last edited:
Oh no, I didn't even think of a battle royale. Please no. I get why they would and it'd make sense, it would be extremely popular but nothing would kill my interest more than that. :cautious:

I wouldn´t place my bets on RE3 Remake... I think this has a reasonable chance of being a new RE spin-off (but not Revelations 3), or
there is a slight chance of this being Resident Evil 8.
If RE 7 is being used as reference for RE 8 like RE 4 was for RE 5 (and for game design that should translate into: refining gameplay/graphics, and adding multiplayer - co-op). Since RE 8 is more likely to be on PS5 gen, i´d assume the game being tested is still PS4 gen so its probably a spin-off - but how the heck would i know if that´s the case :LOL:?

Top Bottom