• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Capcom recruiting RE ambassadors to test game currently in development

What game do you think is it?

• Total voters

Mr. Rod

Staff
Rodimus Prime

Capcom’s Division 1, responsible for developing the Resident Evil and Devil May Cry series, has sent out a recruitment email to Resident Evil Ambassadors based in Japan in search of “game testers.” Details are highly vague, but the tests will be conducted on either September 8 or September 9 , and that one must be a Resident Evil Ambassador and a person who has played the series (to what extent is not stated).

To all Resident Evil Ambassadors,
Thank you for your patronage regarding the Resident Evil series.
Today, we are letting you know that we are recruiting testers for a game that’s in development!!
We are interested in incorporating the feedback of all Ambassadors into our development, so please read the details below and, if you are interested in participating, click the Entry button.

In late June, Capcom previously conducted a Resident Evil Ambassador meeting in Tokyo.

What game do you think Capcom is showing? Answer the poll and let us know in the comments.

xD you got me with the Umbrella Corps 2. I'm thinking it's a new game but I'm unsure if it's RE8 or not, though who knows at this point? It is a bit interesting how they're recruiting RE fans to test it, you'd think they'd just hire anyone. Personally though I feel like RE3 Remake is WAY too early no matter what leakers claim and to be honest I don't see a Revelations 3 happening, though I'd want to be wrong. It just strikes me as too much to have a spinoff title have a third or even a fourth sequel. I COULD see them make a separate spinoff tying up other loose ends or pleasing action fans more.

Yama

Owner
I don’t know what they’d necessarily need to test with RE3make, perhaps a new title? Either way I’m hype, perhaps this falls in line for something at TGS? ?

Last edited:
Honestly, I think it may just be a different game in general. They could be trying out a new horror IP. Either way, even if it IS RE related, I don't think it's what people are hoping for.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I think Revelations 3. Those games usually fill not only the story gaps but also a gap before the next big title is revealed and Revelations 2 was revealed at TGS.
Remake 2 is out for only half a year and I highly doubt RE8 or RE3 have anything to show yet, it is too soon.

So yeah, I believe Revelations 3. Besides, wasn't Anpo working on some unkown RE game a while ago? They could release a trailer at TGS and by February or March 2020 the game will be out.

These are my thoughts anyway.

Let's just hope this isn't some VR Arcade mini game in the likes of Valiant Raid for home consoles, or even UCorps 2.0 haha

Yama

Owner
I think Revelations 3. Those games usually fill not only the story gaps but also a gap before the next big title is revealed and Revelations 2 was revealed at TGS.
Remake 2 is out for only half a year and I highly doubt RE8 or RE3 have anything to show yet, it is too soon.

So yeah, I believe Revelations 3. Besides, wasn't Anpo working on some unkown RE game a while ago? They could release a trailer at TGS and by February or March 2020 the game will be out.

These are my thoughts anyway.

Let's just hope this isn't some VR Arcade mini game in the likes of Valiant Raid for home consoles, or even UCorps 2.0 haha
I’m not against it being Rev 3, but what would they be testing? What’s Rev 3 doing so dramatically different? Perhaps this is just a way to garner some basic feedback and show love to the ambassadors, but I can’t help but feel it’s something more.

Captain Redfield

I’m not against it being Rev 3, but what would they be testing? What’s Rev 3 doing so dramatically different? Perhaps this is just a way to garner some basic feedback and show love to the ambassadors, but I can’t help but feel it’s something more.

I honestly don't know Yama, I believe they just really need to garner some basic feedback or even if the episodic structure is a good idea? The fact they are literally going to show some people the game really makes me think it is Revelations 3 since they are gap fillers and are released like a year or two after a numbered title. Showing Revelations 3 now and releasing it by March is no surprise at all to me.

I don't think RE8 or RE3 are slightly ready to be shown but who knows?

As to what they could be testing, remember how they tested RE7's VR with Kitchen and no one knew what it was at the time and no footage of Kitchen was allowed at all back in E3 2015? I think. If it's RE8, then I could see them making some sort of progress with VR tech because RE7 VR needed some work with how the screen blacked out when the player is thrown or moved and only the player's arms were visible. Or perhaps there could be a new style of gameplay they want to try out, like switching from 3rd to 1st person which some people have been asking for.

They could dip their hands in multiplayer games again, though I think a lot of people won't be happy unless it's Outbreak. I could see them testing for multiplayer specifically since their profitability typically rides on how fun they are and how popular and innovative it is.

y espero que sea Dino Crisis Remake y Resident Evil 3, la verdad es que el trabajo que estan realizando es impresionante, tanto como don DMC 5 como Con RE2 Remake. Saludos desde Argentina.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
Did Revelaitons 2 do good enough to warrant a Revelaitons 3? Which forgotten female lead would be in it? Rebecca Chambers?

Captain Redfield

Did Revelaitons 2 do good enough to warrant a Revelaitons 3? Which forgotten female lead would be in it? Rebecca Chambers?

I believe it sold well enough, Revelations 2 is an amazing game. The atmosphere is awesome, the island setting is eerie and creepy, creature design was bizarre (in a good way) and the gameplay was top notch. Really loved the stealth focus on that game too, worked pretty well.
If Revelations 3 really comes out I hope it is closer to Revelations 2. In my honest opinion it is the game that best blended horror and action, perfectly balanced from start to finish.

My best guess is it's something new and experimental, since it has been said CAPCOM are working on multiple side projects for RE.

Although if RE3make is really being outsourced, maybe they want to have fans judge the quality (when NAH was outsourced it turned out badly, hence the long delay as they rebuilt it).

Top Bottom