• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE series has enough games in series now to Keep playing in rotation.

I don't like 8 and rarely play 7. For me Resident Evil ended will 6. I will still play next RE games but just to beat them once. I am ok with RE games from 0 to 6. It will not matter to me if 7 and 8 would disappear.
I can still get behind RE7 as I like most of the characters and it's basically RE1 in first person with how heavily inspired it is. I look at RE7 like a Gun Survivor spinoff really, as the event's in those games are no less important than what was going on at the Baker's. I am definitely sick of all these cliffhangers from past games being unresolved for the past decade and it's making me less and less invested in the overall story if they don't follow up on them.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I can still get behind RE7 as I like most of the characters and it's basically RE1 in first person with how heavily inspired it is. I look at RE7 like a Gun Survivor spinoff really, as the event's in those games are no less important than what was going on at the Baker's. I am definitely sick of all these cliffhangers from past games being unresolved for the past decade and it's making me less and less invested in the overall story if they don't follow up on them.
I dont like survivor games' gameplay but in regards to their core background lore related to umbrella, ı would still take them over re engine. I see chronicles games better successor to them than both 1st person re engine entries. Darkside chronicles in particular is one of my favourite entries in the series, ı quite like the retelling sections for it.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Survivor is a game you can laugh at it too, but I do think it's otherwise kind of good.
Yeah in regards to the voice acting, ı find it more entertaining than dead aim. The latter's subtitles dont even match the character dialogue for some reason. Between both games, ı like their core background lore regarding umbrella more than the protagonists who feel boring due to the voice acting. Though ı still find fong ling more entertaining than both ark and bruce. Sometimes ı wonder if dead aim's story could have worked with ark instead of bruce. Basically after saving lott and lily, he would be given an offer to become a government agent to be part of usstratcom and its aupit unit. I feel that it's a missed opportunity to not do this in dead aim since it's the next survivor entry that takes place further than past games. Before re4, it's even the entry that takes place further in the future, 4 years after 1998.

I still find it strange though. For both survivor and dead aim, ı like their core background lore regarding umbrella more than the protagonists. While with re4, ı like leon and ada's journeys more than anything else from the story, particularly more than the core background lore regarding los iluminados. My views for those games seem opposite in comparison.

I haven't played Dead Aim in years, but I had to put the subtitles on as you can barely make out the audio. I tried to play Outbreak a few months ago, and it's too dated. Of all the spin off games that Capcon has published, there's hardly any good ones.

Soon, Silent Hill will be playing catch up with all the new entries. But showcases need to stop shying away from gameplay reveals. Seriously!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Might as well say this here but my play time of re4 on steam has reached past over csgo. I'm very proud of this, especially since ı detest csgo due to its terrible fandom as well as valve ruining the game with pointless updates, including skins. I just dont like online fandoms that much, they usually gatekeep the way one should enjoy something even though it depends from person to person.

But anyway for re4 ı have 810 hours on steam as of now. While csgo is 767 hours, the last time ı played it according to steam was 2016, it was a very long time ago. I'm so glad another game other than re6 has reached over the hour time of that game. For re6, ı have 8305 hours on the game as of now and ı even have it on ps3 where ı have more hours there too. It's so infinitely addicting game, especially after learning everything the game offers and trying the mechanics at the campaigns.

Re5 has 691 hours right now, it's close to reaching 700 hours. I dont find it as replayable as re4 and re6 but it's still a great game in my opinion. I find those 3 games the most replayable games in the entire series as well as on steam.

I consider RE to be three separate series rolled into one. With how many games and media there is, that's certainly true.

Basically, 0 to RE: CV and the older spin offs was the nucleus of the series. For a number of years, anyway.

4, 5 and 6 are the action trilogy titles with their respective spin offs not being too dissimilar. At least those that are often still canon.

Then 7, 8 and the recent two remakes are what makes you know this is the modern era.

However, I kind of hate Chris now though, for some reason. Sure, it's still cool to play as him I suppose, as you feel a connection to him spiritually. He was there from the start. But it barely looks like him anymore. Even if he isn't your favourite character, you definitely care about what he has been doing.

But you can kind of see they're just including him as the problem solver because a main character not appearing at all would make people complain that it cannot be the latest RE game if say, Chris, Leon or whoever else isn't involved in the new storyline. Yet Chris really isn't in much of RE7, until you basically play the DLC to play him as he's on a new assignment. But to me, it felt as if they just used him as a cash grab protagonist because he's the main hero of the whole franchise. And like I do often say, if you didn't include Chris or talk about Umbrella and Raccoon City or Spencer, then it's barely much of a RE sequel.

It just came off as being so forceful. At least in my eyes.

Might as well say this here but my play time of re4 on steam has reached past over csgo. I'm very proud of this, especially since ı detest csgo due to its terrible fandom as well as valve ruining the game with pointless updates, including skins. I just dont like online fandoms that much, they usually gatekeep the way one should enjoy something even though it depends from person to person.

But anyway for re4 ı have 810 hours on steam as of now. While csgo is 767 hours, the last time ı played it according to steam was 2016, it was a very long time ago. I'm so glad another game other than re6 has reached over the hour time of that game. For re6, ı have 8305 hours on the game as of now and ı even have it on ps3 where ı have more hours there too. It's so infinitely addicting game, especially after learning everything the game offers and trying the mechanics at the campaigns.

Re5 has 691 hours right now, it's close to reaching 700 hours. I dont find it as replayable as re4 and re6 but it's still a great game in my opinion. I find those 3 games the most replayable games in the entire series as well as on steam.
Wow you played RE6 a lot, fantastic. Did you played campaign or Mercenaries mode? When you play campaign in what order do you play? Do you play As Sherry, Helena and Piers?

I remembered when RE5 released within few months my playtime was above 500 hours. I have played RE4 a lot. On ps4, Xbox 360, GameCube and switch. Last year i played it almost 200 hours.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Wow you played RE6 a lot, fantastic. Did you played campaign or Mercenaries mode? When you play campaign in what order do you play? Do you play As Sherry, Helena and Piers?

I remembered when RE5 released within few months my playtime was above 500 hours. I have played RE4 a lot. On ps4, Xbox 360, GameCube and switch. Last year i played it almost 200 hours.
I played both quite a lot but ı find myself being burned from mercenaries. With campaigns, ı dont feel this way cause it's much more fun and addicting to play through it while watching the cutscenes. I played the campaigns through different orders.

Right now ı'm playing through this order:

L1, C1, J1, A1, L2, C2, J2, A2, L3, C3, J3, A3, L4, C4, J4, A4, L5, C5, J5, A5.

I usually play 4 or 5 chapters one day. I also play ada's campaign again after finishing the order cause there's a carla mod ı found, ı like playing as ada while wearing her twin's outfit, particularly the scarf.

For 1st 3 campaigns, ı usually play them as helena, piers and sherry. Though during marathons, ı also play as leon, chris and jake.

From what I have seen of RE4 so far, I am impressed.

I always knew the white dog wouldn't just die. Even Dusk Golem revealed it in a recent tweet of his. I look forward to the reimagined parts.

The creepiness factor looks top notch. I like the part where the villagers all chase you, as you try to get Ashley to safety. Sure, I still kind of detest the direction the series went in due to RE4 being so different, but you cannot deny RE4 was so much fun back in the day. Now being able to run, reload and shoot, it will make the gameplay so much more fun.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
From what I have seen of RE4 so far, I am impressed.

I always knew the white dog wouldn't just die. Even Dusk Golem revealed it in a recent tweet of his. I look forward to the reimagined parts.

The creepiness factor looks top notch. I like the part where the villagers all chase you, as you try to get Ashley to safety. Sure, I still kind of detest the direction the series went in due to RE4 being so different, but you cannot deny RE4 was so much fun back in the day. Now being able to run, reload and shoot, it will make the gameplay so much more fun.
I'm still not really excited for it. I find it more and more pointless as release date comes closer. After trying previous ports of re4, steam port already feels like a " remake " for it, especially since going from older ports with controller to steam port with keyboard and mouse support makes the gameplay so much more tolerable, particularly the core controls in regards to moving, aiming, performing combat etc. I still find that strange. For fixed camera angled games, ı dont have much problem with their controls or combat but re4 feels more like a shooter while also still playing like fixed camera angled games. I find it unplayable with a controller. With re6, this never bothered me cause it felt comfortable both with a controller as well as keyboard and mouse. It offers a lot of options and as a result, a lot of enjoyment.

I played both quite a lot but ı find myself being burned from mercenaries. With campaigns, ı dont feel this way cause it's much more fun and addicting to play through it while watching the cutscenes. I played the campaigns through different orders.

Right now ı'm playing through this order:

L1, C1, J1, A1, L2, C2, J2, A2, L3, C3, J3, A3, L4, C4, J4, A4, L5, C5, J5, A5.

I usually play 4 or 5 chapters one day. I also play ada's campaign again after finishing the order cause there's a carla mod ı found, ı like playing as ada while wearing her twin's outfit, particularly the scarf.

For 1st 3 campaigns, ı usually play them as helena, piers and sherry. Though during marathons, ı also play as leon, chris and jake.
I play L1, C1, J1, A1, H1, P1 and S1. In this order. I don't play mercenaries. I only play campaign. I think RE6 has best cutscenes production value. In 20 hours i Did first 2 chapters with all characters. After completing RE6 with all characters i will do RE5.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I play L1, C1, J1, A1, H1, P1 and S1. In this order. I don't play mercenaries. I only play campaign. I think RE6 has best cutscenes production value. In 20 hours i Did first 2 chapters with all characters. After completing RE6 with all characters i will do RE5.
I still find myself playing ada's campaign twice each time during my replays. I didnt quite notice at the time but ı find her campaign very well made, especially due to being solo compared to the other 3 campaigns that are coop. It even makes use of campaign connection aspect more than other campaigns do. It really feels like a natural progression from separate ways but even better. I wished capcom gave her another scenario like that again along with more scenarios before it. I still dream a reunion game that has claire, jill and ada in it along with more characters. No leon or chris.

I agree that there's no real reason to be excited for these remakes, as I feel like they are a bit pointless in terms of where they fit into the canon.

Yeah. I sound like an old granddad, to be honest. LOL. It seems we care more about RE's history than Capcom gives us credit for.

But the reason I don't like remakes personally, is that they are not actually "new" in that sense. Nothing about them gives us new stories. Maybe the story in the reimagined version is going to be a bit different. But I want a new story. One that resolves the numerous plot threads.

I still find myself playing ada's campaign twice each time during my replays. I didnt quite notice at the time but ı find her campaign very well made, especially due to being solo compared to the other 3 campaigns that are coop. It even makes use of campaign connection aspect more than other campaigns do. It really feels like a natural progression from separate ways but even better. I wished capcom gave her another scenario like that again along with more scenarios before it. I still dream a reunion game that has claire, jill and ada in it along with more characters. No leon or chris.
Every RE game that i play, I take my time with it like i am playing for the first time. I read files, check out environment and watch cutscenes. 6 is best for cutscenes. I like it's gameplay too. When i move on to other games and get back to 6 when i am done with other games. It feels like playing it again for first time because i delete the save when i finish campaign with all characters.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Every RE game that i play, I take my time with it like i am playing for the first time. I read files, check out environment and watch cutscenes. 6 is best for cutscenes. I like it's gameplay too. When i move on to other games and get back to 6 when i am done with other games. It feels like playing it again for first time because i delete the save when i finish campaign with all characters.
I used to do that for some games on steam. I backed up the saves somewhere and deleted them while starting from stratch. I find myself relying more on new game+ though cause ı want to get more gameplay value from the games. I also take time and inspect everything but ı dont pick up as much item as ı used to in the past, ı find myself skipping over some of them, mostly ammo. As for files, ı read them online rather than through the games due to localization issues. My favourite files are re5's library files and re6's files, particularly re net expansions which should have made to the game after the update. I also quite like wesker's report 2, ada's report and rerev2's unlockable files.

I used to do that for some games on steam. I backed up the saves somewhere and deleted them while starting from stratch. I find myself relying more on new game+ though cause ı want to get more gameplay value from the games. I also take time and inspect everything but ı dont pick up as much item as ı used to in the past, ı find myself skipping over some of them, mostly ammo. As for files, ı read them online rather than through the games due to localization issues. My favourite files are re5's library files and re6's files, particularly re net expansions which should have made to the game after the update. I also quite like wesker's report 2, ada's report and rerev2's unlockable files.
Have you ever tried playing RE5 where Sheva is just a mule? I once filled all Sheva inventory with freeze rounds and beat RE5 as Chris only, Sheva was like as if Ashley. I healed her but didn't gave her any weapons or health.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Have you ever tried playing RE5 where Sheva is just a mule? I once filled all Sheva inventory with freeze rounds and beat RE5 as Chris only, Sheva was like as if Ashley. I healed her but didn't gave her any weapons or health.
No ı always give aı weapons. Usually a standard non-upgraded handgun, a sniper rifle or sometimes even a magnum. I started to play as sheva after a while and ı found myself preferring to play as her over chris just like preferring to play as 2nd characters for re6's 1st 3 campaigns more than the 1st ones.

I dont like them acting without weapons. I would have preferred if ashley could have utilized melee weapons in re4. She can utilize lanterns to throw them to ganados so ı dont think she would have any problem utilizing those type of tools.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I also rely on infinite ammo unlockable. I dont like to store ammo in inventory for re5. I remember it tooking a while to get infinite ammo for all weapons. With re6, it felt much more faster and comfortable. Aı partners also feel like their own characters in re6, ı dont like to exchange ammo with aı in re5 that much.

Top Bottom