• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE series has enough games in series now to Keep playing in rotation.

I was wondering does RE series now has enough games that a fan can only play these games and don't get bored.

I have a switch and Xbox series. I only play RE series. I start with 0. I earn as much trophies as i can than get on with 1 and keep doing that for all the RE games. For games that don't have trophies like classic games, I beat everything they have to offer and also use retro achievements.

I don't play any other console games. I only play RE series. For last 3 years I have been doing that. I don't get bored. I love playing through the series.

Right now I am playing RE6 again. The way i play 6 is, I play with every character. Like first I play as Chris, leon and Jake after that i beat same chapter as Helena, Sherry and Piers.

While some entries are of questionable quality, I cannot say that any RE game is really not entertaining enough that you don't get on board with it. They all have their moments.

Yes. I meant RE6 as well. Although I do personally prefer the more creepy, forboding earlier games before they went with the run and gun, Hollywood approach. Yet that doesn't mean 4, 5 and 6 are unenjoyable. Personally, I think 5 and 6 are better for their co-op modes than single player campaigns.

Enjoy the marathon. :)

While some entries are of questionable quality, I cannot say that any RE game is really not entertaining enough that you don't get on board with it. They all have their moments.

Yes. I meant RE6 as well. Although I do personally prefer the more creepy, forboding earlier games before they went with the run and gun, Hollywood approach. Yet that doesn't mean 4, 5 and 6 are unenjoyable. Personally, I think 5 and 6 are better for their co-op modes than single player campaigns.

Enjoy the marathon. :)
I have checklist of all the things i need to do before moving on to the next game , like when playing Remake 1, I follow below list

Knife Only Run Chris on Very Easy
The Nooks and Crannies on Normal with Jill
The Nooks and Crannies on Normal with Chris
The Real Survivor With Jill
The Real Survivor With Chris
The Invisible Enemies With Chris on Very Easy
Speed Run With Jill on Normal below 5 hrs
Speed Run With Chris on Normal below 3 hrs
one Dangerous zombie mode with chris and Jill
Finish the game on Hard difficulty
finish the game on Easy difficulty
finish the game on Very Easy difficulty
Finish the game with Jill and Chris
As Chris Finish the game and kill all enemies in normal difficulty
As Jill Finish the game and kill all enemies in normal difficulty
chris six endings
As Chris Save Rebecca & Jill
As Chris Save Rebecca & Jill, Rebecca gets killed on Helipad
As Chris Save Rebecca only
As Chris Save Rebecca, Rebecca gets killed on Helipad
As Chris Save Jill only
As Jill Do Not Save anyone
jill endings
As Jill Save Barry & Chris
As Jill Save Barry & Chris, Barry gets killed on Helipad
As Jill Save Barry only
As Jill Save Barry, Barry gets killed on Helipad
As Jill Save Chris only
As Jill Do Not Save anyone
Finish the game in five hours
Finish the game using only your knife (no lighter, Defensive Items, and stomping zombie heads).
Finish the game without saving.
Finish the game in three hours.
don't give serum to richard with chris
don't give serum to richard with jill

After Doing all this I move to the next game. I have made list of every RE game which increases replay value for me a lot. I do not choose impossible challenges. I choose only which make games fun for me.

There's actually a trophy for only using a knife throughout the first remake. But I'd imagine that must be extremely hard. :D
It's actually easy. I did it on very easy difficulty. I don't like playing with knife because the most fun thing for me is inventory management. I had so much doing kill on run without using the knife on normal difficulty.

Playing through the mainline games + watching all cutscenes/side games and CGI movies takes about 100 hours alone. I also know the games pretty well so to an average player it would take them even longer, especially if it’s their first time.

Playing through the mainline games + watching all cutscenes/side games and CGI movies takes about 100 hours alone. I also know the games pretty well so to an average player it would take them even longer, especially if it’s their first time.
For a fan like me, when playing Re games i do almost everthing in game, beating in all modes. While playing Remake it takes me 60 hours to do everything. I do everything in the game and play it all slow.

These days I am playing 6. I did first chapter of every character and it took me 7 hours.

That’s some serious dedication my friend! Right now I am going for all trophies which in itself is getting pretty grueling. The ones below scare me the most.

60+ hours to do Rev1 Raid mode.

80+ hours to get all archives in Darkside Chronicles.

To be honest, I haven't played some of the old RE games in many years. RE0 is great, but it really drags after the train crash sequence. And by the way, I still have the original GameCube release.

I don't know why, but UK covers aren't glorious at all. The first game just had a boring brown sleeve with the name of the game. Overseas, you had a picture of a zombie attacking Jill. For 0, you had Rebecca and Billy together on the sleeve.

Once I move house, I am considering playing my horror collection again, as it has been neglected. Stoor collectors!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I played the entries a lot too but ı've been mixing it with other franchises. Other than re; the other series that ı'm a big fan of are god of war greek era games and devil may cry series excluding dmc2 and reboot.

I also find re6 the most replayable, even more so with mods. I played the entries both from release and timeline order along with experiencing canon non-game material. I always mixed it up.

But anyway; ı created another tier list:

RE Ranking.png

I created tier lists before but sometimes ı've been finding myself just going back and creating another one again. Not much changes but ı still do it anyway. I didnt play revillage but ı still decided to put it to ranking due to watching its cutscenes and checking its story.

You can create one here if you want to:

Last edited:
I think my tier list would be as follows...

Not counting the recent remakes.

RE2.
RE3.
RE1 remake and/or the original.
RE: CV.
RE4.
RE0.
RE7.
RE6.
RE5.
RE8.

I don't think RE8 is the worst game ever made. But it's probably my least favourite from the mainline RE games. It's not dire. But it's also not amazing.

Like I said, it doesn't really feel like a RE game. The villains are hilariously varied, which I guess is an interesting twist. Although they seem too outlandish to me.

Like, seriously. Heisenberg was probably a fan of Gundam Wing. And Lady D is sexy, sure. But she was just an excuse to make these memes, and the game doesn't make sense either. Such as Chris lying to Ethan, just so there's a story to go on. It didn't feel authentic. I get that they wanted you to be invested in finding out if Chris was a bad guy, but most people likely knew he was just being a double agent.

Chris sends a family to live next to the primary problem, then lies to them for 90% of the game. It just came across as weird, to be honest. But his redesign was better than in 7, at least.

That’s some serious dedication my friend! Right now I am going for all trophies which in itself is getting pretty grueling. The ones below scare me the most.

60+ hours to do Rev1 Raid mode.

80+ hours to get all archives in Darkside Chronicles.
I spent 75 hours on Rev1 raid mode on 3ds. I love raid mode. Unpopular opinion but i love raid mode more than mercenaries mode. Because it doesn't have time limit. Extreme battle is my 2nd favourite extra game mode. When i am done with all the achivements, I delete the save and move on to the next game. I delete the save because when I play it, I get to unlock all achivements all over again. I do that in switch versions.

To be honest, I haven't played some of the old RE games in many years. RE0 is great, but it really drags after the train crash sequence. And by the way, I still have the original GameCube release.

I don't know why, but UK covers aren't glorious at all. The first game just had a boring brown sleeve with the name of the game. Overseas, you had a picture of a zombie attacking Jill. For 0, you had Rebecca and Billy together on the sleeve.

Once I move house, I am considering playing my horror collection again, as it has been neglected. Stoor collectors!
I like RE0 graphics. The backgrounds look so good. Only thing i hate about it is no item box. It gets tedious moving all items back and forth.

I played the entries a lot too but ı've been mixing it with other franchises. Other than re; the other series that ı'm a big fan of are god of war greek era games and devil may cry series excluding dmc2 and reboot.

I also find re6 the most replayable, even more so with mods. I played the entries both from release and timeline order along with experiencing canon non-game material. I always mixed it up.

But anyway; ı created another tier list:

View attachment 1833

I created tier lists before but sometimes ı've been finding myself just going back and creating another one again. Not much changes but ı still do it anyway. I didnt play revillage but ı still decided to put it to ranking due to watching its cutscenes and checking its story.

You can create one here if you want to:

I like playing RE6 too. Too bad it doesn't have inventory management but still it is a fun action game. I play every chapter with each character when i decide to beat the game. It takes time but it's lot of fun for me to play in that way.

If you like old scholl RE games check out "Tormented Souls" "Onimusha HD"
2D isometric old School RE games "Heaven Dust" "Heaven Dust 2" "Evil Tonight"

my-image.png

This is my tier list. I love playing Remake 1, 4 and Remake 2

Yama

Owner
Yeah, it definitely does. I'd say one of its controversial points in varying gameplay styles is in fact it's strong suit in regards to replayability. There are so many different styles under one umbrella, no pun intended.

Dynamic difficulty increases replaybility a lot. It makes RE4 so fun and variety of weapons makes game so good.

I have beaten RE4 with many weapons combinations. Using mine thrower or skipping sniper rifle.
I have played RE5 in many ways. I have played game by just using chris only. I filled Shiva inventory with grenade rounds and used only chris inventory.

It is very interesting to me that Every RE has trigger point after which changes occur in game world. Like in remake 2 in B scenario tyrant doesn't appears until we pick up battery.

Last edited:
I will be testing this order out for my next mainline series playthrough probably next year. This will be more geared towards finishing every game as fast as possible while skipping cutscenes and door transitions. After the chronological one I did in 2021, that took almost 100 hours, I need to start cutting back and doing shorter ones. It gets exhausting re-watching everything over and over so this will be a nice change of pace. I considered doing in release order at first but decided to mix some titles around so that they will flow better from game to game.

It's honestly crazy how many times RE has actually been "soft-rebooted" as multiple games always seem to be in development. Even as of this writing they are back-peddling to 3rd person action again. The dev's can never seem to make up their minds.

RE Marathon 2023.jpg

Last edited:
I will be testing this order out for my next mainline series playthrough probably next year. This will be more geared towards finishing every game as fast as possible while skipping cutscenes and door transitions. After the chronological one I did in 2021, that took almost 100 hours, I need to start cutting back and doing shorter ones. It gets exhausting re-watching everything over and over so this will be a nice change of pace. I considered doing in release order at first but decided to mix some titles around so that they will flow better from game to game.

It's honestly crazy how many times RE has actually been "soft-rebooted" as multiple games always seem to be in development. Even as of this writing they are back-peddling to 3rd person action again. The dev's can never seem to make up their minds.

View attachment 1845
Nice list. I never speed run. I play it slowly and checking things like playing it for the first time. I do that with all the games. It takes lot of time but i enjoy playing them that way. Sometime i end a Re game again and again. Like when i get to RE4 I beat main campaig at least 5 to 6 times. It's very addictive.

I recently played RE1 and RE2 psx. I played with both characters and both scenarios of Claire and Leon. Right now I am playing RE6 and I am playing with each character on Normal.

Like in thid order this
Leon Chapter
Jake Chapter
Chris Chapter
Ada Chapter
Helena Chapter
Piers Chapter
Sherry Chapter

Here is a guide I made for doing full series story marathons. I don't play the side games so I watch their cutscenes and gameplays in-between. Whether RE:4 is going to replace the original or not will remain to be seen.

RE Chronology 2023.jpg

I originally had the reimaginings with their corresponding chapter but I feel that just leads to confusion, especially if a newcomer follows this. So I lumped them with the rest of the RE Engine games at the end. The originals are still very much engrained with the lore and will probably never be replaced, unless Capcom is planning to remake literally everything eventually.

If that ever happens the RE: games will have to be in their own chronology so the stories stay more consistent with one another. RE:2 is the biggest offender so far by cutting out almost all ties to RE1.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think this is the best place to do this so ı'll go ahead and rate entries out of 10:

Re1: 8 / 10
Re2: 9 / 10
Re3: 8 / 10
Recv: 9 / 10
Recvx: 0 / 10 ( Wesker sucks! )
Executer: 8 / 10
Survivor: 5 / 10
Survivor 2: 5 / 10
Gaiden: 6 / 10
Remake: 7 / 10
Re0: 8 / 10
Dead aim: 5 / 10