• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 RE:4 Officially Announced

Time will only tell but I will be impressed if every character from the original makes an appearance here. They could even cut out Salazar and have Saddler be the antagonist for the entire game instead. I’m more intrigued by this reimagining than the others. Still hyped but the levels of hype I felt when REmake 2 announced it was one of the biggest rushes of dopamine my brain ever felt.

@russident It’s really sad that UCraps is considered Wesker’s return if that is the case. Not only is that insulting to his character but it undermines his actual return in a good game if it were to ever happen.

I think they intentionally made his presence semi-speculative so that we could have doubts.

Biohazard 7 and Biohazard Village were not stories about Umbrella, but the developers used their time to build up this thread.

Therefore, when Umbrella's leader appears, it will be more a shot of Chekhov's gun than a random event, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone says that Wesker's return is lazy and random, because the build-up is easy to overlook.

Umbrella Corps has quite an interesting and even kind of tragic development history. The game has a lot of potential, which was buried by the team's desire to try different things instead of focusing on the core ideas. So when they failed with their ambitions, they didn't have much time to complete the game. No one was going to give them more time just because they had wasted it.

And Capcom admits it was a bad experience. But there was no humiliating intention in this.

The game's writer, by the way, was Yasuhiro Seto, who worked on the Chronicles series as well. He directed both and even wrote things. It was thanks to him that we learned how Wesker became the leader of Umbrella's remnants in Biohazard 4 as well.

Well, I have a funny feeling that RE9 will have more interesting ties to Umbrella, now that they have seemingly gotten a hold of Rosemary. They'd definitely want to figure out how she's so powerful.

While I am a little disappointed Code Veronica didn't get remade next, I am really looking forward to this. I just hope Ada's separate ways campaign doesn't get cut.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

So here's this supplemental material that explains more backstory about re4. It adds backstory to the game and explains why there were no children in the story since they all died due to plaga infection before the events of the game. The backstory is very tragic imo.

Do you think this could be included as some sort of files through other means in the upcoming recreation? Since they are going darker in tone with re engine 4; it makes me wonder if this will be taken into account.

On another note; does anyone else ever wonder why there are no female cultists or combatants in re4? I mean there are female villagers but no female cultists or combatants. I think they planned to include female cultists from what ı remember seeing somewhere but that seems to be cut.

It was the same way in RE5 and there were no female J’avo in RE6. RE8 also had no female Lycans. I don’t know if it’s simply from a design perspective or it’s scientific. Like if infected females/kids simply perish much sooner than grown males, I have no idea.

T-Virus infection was the same way and they depicted kids simply dying from it right when zombification kicked in. They showed zombie kids in Apocalypse movie but in game universe I think Capcom wants the viruses so lethal that only grown ups or able bodied are able to transform into proper monsters.

Last edited:
The awful music aside, this guy made some good points throughout this video. Imagine if the village chief was like Mr. X, following you around.

They probably will include another stalker enemy.

:)

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It was the same way in RE5 and there were no female J’avo in RE6. RE8 also had no female Lycans. I don’t know if it’s simply from a design perspective or it’s scientific. Like if infected females/kids simply perish much sooner than grown males, I have no idea.

T-Virus infection was the same way and they depicted kids simply dying from it right when zombification kicked in. They showed zombie kids in Apocalypse movie but in game universe I think Capcom wants the viruses so lethal that only grown ups or able bodied are able to transform into proper monsters.
In outbreak games; ı believe there's a zombie kid concept art for them. They planned to include those in the games but it seems to be cut.

Another instance is in vendetta; there's zack who's a child that turns into a zombie due to a-virus. However the movie doesnt show his death and it happens off-screen due to chris dropping a grenade in the room he was in while locking it.

I think they wont include infected kids that much cause it would be way too brutal to kill them and it would be unnecessary.

Females can become infected too but it depends to the infectious material. I believe from progenitor based viruses; the only one that cant create infected females is t-phobos which would kill them brutally like what can happen to moira in bad ending instead of transforming them. That's unless they adapt then they dont die.

Yeah there are also no female wetlands majinis or base majinis in re5, only female majinis are town majinis. As for re6; there are no female j'avos in the game but in marhawa desire; bindi becomes a j'avo after revealing her plans to ricky. So there's that.

Yama

Owner
In outbreak games; ı believe there's a zombie kid concept art for them. They planned to include those in the games but it seems to be cut.

Another instance is in vendetta; there's zack who's a child that turns into a zombie due to a-virus. However the movie doesnt show his death and it happens off-screen due to chris dropping a grenade in the room he was in while locking it.

I think they wont include infected kids that much cause it would be way too brutal to kill them and it would be unnecessary.

Females can become infected too but it depends to the infectious material. I believe from progenitor based viruses; the only one that cant create infected females is t-phobos which would kill them brutally like what can happen to moira in bad ending instead of transforming them. That's unless they adapt then they dont die.

Yeah there are also no female wetlands majinis or base majinis in re5, only female majinis are town majinis. As for re6; there are no female j'avos in the game but in marhawa desire; bindi becomes a j'avo after revealing her plans to ricky. So there's that.
There was, remember it clearly.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
re4-ada-concept-art.png

Does anyone else like to see this planned design for ada in the upcoming game? I personally prefer this over the final version of ada's design in re4. I like the final version but ı still think the boots look more interesting than high heels.

Yama

Owner
View attachment 1815

Does anyone else like to see this planned design for ada in the upcoming game? I personally prefer this over the final version of ada's design in re4. I like the final version but ı still think the boots look more interesting than high heels.
Not so sure I prefer it, but definitely do like it. The more costumes the better imo.

I wish she didn't wear high heels at all. Like in BIO2. Even the femme fatale herself, Nikita, dressed appropriately for different missions.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Not so sure I prefer it, but definitely do like it. The more costumes the better imo.
I wonder how they will handle the extra costumes. Re engine 2 had plenty but most of them except a few were paid dlcs rather than unlockables. And ada's outfit didnt change when switched over to classic, she simply loses her coat and glasses right from start instead. While ı like that decision since ı cant stand to ada's coat and glasses in re engine 2, it still bothers me that she doesnt get new outfits unlike sherry who gets a new one for some reason.

Re engine 3 didnt have as much costumes as re engine 2 did but at least they werent paid dlcs. Though they were only for jill and carlos simply gets a new haircut instead.

For re engine 4, if ı have to guess; it will either not have extra costumes or most of them will be paid dlcs. I personally would prefer if they brought back all 3 outfits for ada in re4 ( Chronicles games brought back her mercenaries outfit. ) but ıdk if that will happen.

That being said ı dont have any complaints with ada's new design in re engine 4. I prefer her over re engine 2 so far; ı cant stand ada in that game at all. But still ı would like to see new extra outfits for both leon and ada.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wonder if ada will have her hookshot. I cant stop wondering if it will be cut from the game or not but ı hope ı'll be wrong about this.

If it will be in the game; ı hope it will play more similar to like in re6. Dodging ubistvo and countering one of simmons' attacks with it is still very satisfying things to do with it imo.

During separate ways' intro, ada also took down some ganados with it in a satisfying fashion. While it felt reckless and not so silent, it was still cool to watch though during the gameplay, a move like this couldnt be executed. I would like it if her hookshot would be more useful during gameplay.

Top Bottom