• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 RE:4 Officially Announced

I saw the video on Bluray.com before I came here and I wanted to express my thoughts and feelings of this.

I like the graphics. It looks more realistic than my PS3 version, and it looks scarier. I just sure hope they undo the notion of Umbrella being gone, like they did in the original, because Umbrella is the main antagonist organization. This version of Leon looks just like he did in the second remake game, and Ada looks like she did in 6. I just sure hope they don't make Ashley a major character where you need to babysit her along your journey, because she was bitchy in the original.

Either way, this won't affect me because it's coming to the PS5, but my gaming days are now YouTube walkthroughs. I rather Resident Evil be movies now.

I like the graphics. It looks more realistic than my PS3 version, and it looks scarier. I just sure hope they undo the notion of Umbrella being gone, like they did in the original, because Umbrella is the main antagonist organization.
It's just misleading for the player to think that Umbrella has nothing to do with the plot. Krauser then reveals that he works for it. Mikami also confirmed that this was always the intention. The company was simply "forced" to become illegal for a while in order to return.

I hope, however, this time the storytelling will make it better and more obvious, because people need to know what the deal with Blue Umbrella is going on.

Looks rather scary. But it's a remake, and as predicted, probably (arguably) a cash grab.

In terms of logic, RE4 being remade will make more money surely, than a remake of CV. But it's kind of lame not to remake CV, considering CV is a true sequel to RE2. Unless that can occur down the road. But somehow, I doubt it. Not convinced the demand is really as high as I hoped it would be.

Also, I kind of wish Capcom would use their teams to do canon side story games. Even ones on a relatively lower budget that still play good. Original stories. Not just rehashing old stuff, which can be altered, but it's still not new, per se. Because RE4 is an amazing game, but I feel like Capcom is really depending too much on their past glory to sucker people in. And of course, RE4 is definitely looked upon as being their big critical darling that every fanboy fully supports / defends / whatever the argument may involve.

I'm sceptical, but also more welcoming of RE4's different horror tone. It looks like Capcom wants to make much needed improvements to the game now. So I am all for seeing that...

I see that no one has posted this here. It looks like Leon and Ashley's clothes are inspired by early builds:

ashleybeta.jpg

Ashley.png

Leon.jpg

PgF08cok56Lvj3eqW8XNjHn52KpBOn7r1MLw19vRVhkGtG5LokqnXNeajsj8-ePN9utDGSPCMqP5vKvFtiYs4BAH.jpg

They generally used early ideas for Biohazard RE:2 as well. Like the idea that Leon arrives in civilian clothes. Or the way you leave the police station in the middle of the game. A Tyrant in a hat and a shooting range. Etc.

It's all very cool actually. Instead of just imitating the original, they make an alternative take where they give a second chance to old ideas.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I found the trailer boring personally. The only things ı liked were luis and his red9 handgun which put a smile to my face when ı 1st saw it. Other than that though; ı didnt find it that interesting and ı think ı'll be fine just sticking to og game overall.

I'm rather concerned that Capcom, Konami and Naughty Dog are remaking their best games, as it's an easy way to make a profit. But it's not a new storyline. It's like a reboot. Something that has been done before.

Don't know how hard it is to give fans something new, besides Resident Evil Village. Even that is just a copy of RE4. It's almost got the same type of story and boss battles.

What will happen when they run out of games to remake? Because you know? After 4, there will be a demand for CV again, and maybe 5. It doesn't sound like Capcom has much juice left in the tank if they just want to keep on rehashing everything.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm rather concerned that Capcom, Konami and Naughty Dog are remaking their best games, as it's an easy way to make a profit. But it's not a new storyline. It's like a reboot. Something that has been done before.

Don't know how hard it is to give fans something new, besides Resident Evil Village. Even that is just a copy of RE4. It's almost got the same type of story and boss battles.

What will happen when they run out of games to remake? Because you know? After 4, there will be a demand for CV again, and maybe 5. It doesn't sound like Capcom has much juice left in the tank if they just want to keep on rehashing everything.
Do you think they will reimagine re6?

I still remember picking this game up at Best Buy back in 2005. I had no idea I was about to play one of the most influential games ever made. So this remake I welcome the changes and it seems to be doubling down on the originals aspects it did best. I want every orifice to spew tentacles, heads shown decapated, and the body horror cranked to 11.

I really enjoyed this reveal! Graphics look super nice, the characters are accurate in representation from what I can tell, the atmosphere looks more intimidating and frightening. This looks like it'll be the superior remake of the recent 3 we've had. I was thoroughly impressed with it and for once I'm quite optimistic! Didn't have any issues with anything I saw tbh. I'm just hoping they don't cut content and replace it with nothing like in the RE3 remake.

Yama

Owner
I really enjoyed this reveal! Graphics look super nice, the characters are accurate in representation from what I can tell, the atmosphere looks more intimidating and frightening. This looks like it'll be the superior remake of the recent 3 we've had. I was thoroughly impressed with it and for once I'm quite optimistic! Didn't have any issues with anything I saw tbh. I'm just hoping they don't cut content and replace it with nothing like in the RE3 remake.
I absolutely adore the visual style thus far, it has a much more grounded look overall and I think the games setting will greatly benefit for it. Was one of my biggest wishes.

I still remember picking this game up at Best Buy back in 2005. I had no idea I was about to play one of the most influential games ever made. So this remake I welcome the changes and it seems to be doubling down on the originals aspects it did best. I want every orifice to spew tentacles, heads shown decapated, and the body horror cranked to 11.
Likewise, I remember the day so clearly. This one is going to hit on so many levels.

It's pulling me out of lurk mode to say that I'm hyped. Loving the new tone and look of the game. Hopefully Capcom can deliver remaking arguably one of the best games of all time. Give me those regenerators in the RE Engine. 🤤
Same here my brother! Let's get this hype train started like it's 2005 again, I miss this! Definitely a ton to talk about going forward and not even far out. Exciting times.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Looking back ı forgot to say this but why is this only announced for ps5? Is it not gonna be available on other platforms?

Yama

Owner
Looking back ı forgot to say this but why is this only announced for ps5? Is it not gonna be available on other platforms?
" Resident Evil 4 is scheduled to release on March 24, 2023 for PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console, Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam."

Full presser is here: https://biohaze.com/resident-evil-4-press-release/

This is also exciting to see, RE Engine being utilized only on current tech and not held back at all by previous generation consoles. It's noticeable already.

Top Bottom