• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games The Last of Us Part II

Yama

Owner
TLOU is the one title of today that has surpassed the good majority of my all time favorites. Some of my favorite series are undoubtedly Biohazard (game) and TWD (comic), I very much like the theme of post apocalyptic and am infatuated with good art direction. TLOU is everything I just mentioned and then some, it's almost surreal just how well it does it all that it's in the conversation for my favorite game of all time.

I can't believe we're finally arriving at Part II.

Yama

Owner
Hearsay indicates a 2020 release. Possibly as soon as February. ?
Really wanted it this summer/fall as originally rumored, if it’s pushed back as far as February dare I say it would have been an amazing launch title for the PS5 (cross gen of course).

Uh-huh. I'm practically chomping at the bit for this game to get released. I need something new to play, as it has been ages since I've really enjoyed a great game. I don't care about all of this indie horror garbage coming out, although Daymare: 1998 looks impressive. But this will probably be the most anticpated title of 2020.

Been hearing rumours that Joel has taken up a villainous persona.

Yama

Owner
Uh-huh. I'm practically chomping at the bit for this game to get released. I need something new to play, as it has been ages since I've really enjoyed a great game. I don't care about all of this indie horror garbage coming out, although Daymare: 1998 looks impressive. But this will probably be the most anticpated title of 2020.

Been hearing rumours that Joel has taken up a villainous persona.
I'm hearing there's a 3 hour session behind closed doors. I highly doubt they'd show that much story content, so I'm assuming this will be a multiplayer reveal (perhaps as well). I'm all for that, I personally enjoyed the multiplayer a lot in TLOU, especially the remaster at 60fps.

The Last of Us was an experience for me on PS3 and one I won't ever forget. It helped influence my sway from Microsoft back to Sony even before all that news came out about the PS4. I'm really looking forward to 2. Can't wait for the event next week!

If Last of Us 2 can be nearly as good as its predecessor I’ll be happy.
The first game was such a narrative high for me.
Definitely one of the all time greats - the sequel has a lot to live up to.

I've never really seen the game as being overrated. I think it's visually stunning, and a groundbreaking game in a general sense. It's way better than the lame Resident Evil 6, and a lot of other recent horror games.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I've never really seen the game as being overrated. I think it's visually stunning, and a groundbreaking game in a general sense. It's way better than the lame Resident Evil 6, and a lot of other recent horror games.

Nah, it is overhyped. Still a good game but nothing out of the ordinary, just The Walking Dead with a fungus lol
The story is the same survival stuff we are used to see, infected here... Shit, some group of survivors we have to deal with. Days Gone is essentially the same thing as this and got criticized, probably because it wasn't Naughty Dog.
Not to mention that in terms of level progression it is the same thing over and over again, find a ladder or a raft. Repetitive and boring.

Not better than Resident Evil, God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2. The latter being the prime example of great storytelling using an old west setting, innovative gameplay mechanics and a damn polished one considering the size of that freaking map.
The Last of Us just takes the gameplay concept that RE created adding a few "Splinter-Cellish" stealth mechanics (Revelations 2 had similar gameplay, I know, I know... But the series started the OTS we all know and love so... :rolleyes: ) and a story ala The Walking Dead... Not criticizing those who like it but it sure isn't anything out of the ordinary to me. I played this game one week after release so I was in line with most people as far as hype went but the final result to me was that of a good game that got way much praise than it actually deserved.
It is good, but not the best game ever like some people claim. I've played way much better games in my lifetime even without including the Resident Evil series.

I'm personally not a fan of the gameplay of The Last of Us so far, granted I'm not too far into it so I can't say much for the story, but it takes a good while to pick up and actually get decent. Can't say I like these slow starting games and I'm not really talking about the intro sequence with his daughter, that was alright, it's just everything after felt like a chore. The gameplay at this point feels predictable with the same old zombies and soldiers so maybe I'm getting close to a boss or a new enemy or something. Also exploring the environment isn't really rewarding especially in the beginning parts, which really put a damper on my experience. Sometimes it is but it just deterred me from exploring outside the linearity ever again.

But you're definitely not alone in your opinion Captain Redfield, I've heard the same that the game was overrated and honestly that's what I am expecting to feel, though maybe I'll like it later on so I'll get back to you all. It just feels like to me that it is the bare minimum of gameplay covered up by good graphics and atmosphere and probably some sort of father-child journey sprinkled in along the way. Granted either way I'd be interested in Part 2 just to see what they actually do with it.

Really looking forward to Part II. The original was great, and i really felt the game packed quite the punch towards its end, and not to mention how they built an incredible partnership between Joel and Ellie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom