The Walking Dead

I'm a big fan. The series has unfortunately ended as a comic book saga, though. :coffee:

Fear the Walking Dead is also awesome. I laughed at the random lesbian kiss recently, though, and Daniel 'I often cheat death' Salazer's orange tabby. :ROFLMAO:

Yama

Owner
I'm a big fan. The series has unfortunately ended as a comic book saga, though. :coffee:

Fear the Walking Dead is also awesome. I laughed at the random lesbian kiss recently, though, and Daniel 'I often cheat death' Salazer's orange tabby. :ROFLMAO:
Indeed and what an ending it was. Seriously brought a tear to my eye. I went ahead and framed one of the final panels.

And I agree, FTWD has really risen in ranks as of late. The end of the Season 4 brought me back to TWD S1 a bit, now the interlinking between series (and undoubtedly movies) has really put it center stage.

I wait to binge watch the show. Just finished season 8. There's still an addictive quality to it though I found TV Negan almost unbearable. I mean Simon had the oomph to be a good Negan.

Fear is really good lately. TWD ended on a big high last season, hopefully they can keep it going. I am excited to see what they do with the Rick movie, now it’s coming to theaters so it better be a big deal.

Yama

Owner
Fear is really good lately. TWD ended on a big high last season, hopefully they can keep it going. I am excited to see what they do with the Rick movie, now it’s coming to theaters so it better be a big deal.
Since I first saw that helicopter I assumed he was going to head to the commonwealth, thus following the comic arc somewhat but in a way he could exit the show.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
The series has stretched out to the point where it needed either a drastic change or proper closure. Thankfully, the comic was able to do the latter in a surprising fashion that certainly caught me off guard. I was slogging through that final arc ready to remove it from my pull list, but I forced my way through it and fortunately it turned out for the best as it reached a satisfying conclusion for me.

The TV show on the other hand is a lot harder to work through. Too many behind-the-scenes elements are shifting the show into unwatchable territory. Juggling the actors, changing showrunners, creating a lot of filler episodes. All aspects that have hindered the enjoyment of the series.

I really do enjoy the first four seasons and even moments of the latter seasons once Negan was introduced. I like Norman Reedus as Daryl, but that character isn't one that can lead a series and works better as a supporting character. Negan may be able to take off after Michonne/Danai Gurira leaves since Jeffrey Dean Morgan has a lot of charisma and gives Negan much needed depth. My hope is that AMC realizes this and takes the series back a notch. Going to eight episode seasons may actually help this with actor schedules, mapping out a story arc and having more in the budget for zombie/special effects. I hear Fear the Walking Dead is better, but I'll have to catch up later. I am interested in the Rick Grimes movie though and will probably see it in theaters. Andrew Lincoln really brings a lot into that character.

Last edited:
I've only ever played the Telltale games. Amazing in general, and the last season turned out great.
I meant to get into the show but never got around to it.

Top Bottom