• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT The Walking Dead

I'm a big fan. The series has unfortunately ended as a comic book saga, though. :coffee:

Fear the Walking Dead is also awesome. I laughed at the random lesbian kiss recently, though, and Daniel 'I often cheat death' Salazer's orange tabby. :ROFLMAO:

Yama

Owner
I'm a big fan. The series has unfortunately ended as a comic book saga, though. :coffee:

Fear the Walking Dead is also awesome. I laughed at the random lesbian kiss recently, though, and Daniel 'I often cheat death' Salazer's orange tabby. :ROFLMAO:
Indeed and what an ending it was. Seriously brought a tear to my eye. I went ahead and framed one of the final panels.

And I agree, FTWD has really risen in ranks as of late. The end of the Season 4 brought me back to TWD S1 a bit, now the interlinking between series (and undoubtedly movies) has really put it center stage.

I wait to binge watch the show. Just finished season 8. There's still an addictive quality to it though I found TV Negan almost unbearable. I mean Simon had the oomph to be a good Negan.

Fear is really good lately. TWD ended on a big high last season, hopefully they can keep it going. I am excited to see what they do with the Rick movie, now it’s coming to theaters so it better be a big deal.

Yama

Owner
Fear is really good lately. TWD ended on a big high last season, hopefully they can keep it going. I am excited to see what they do with the Rick movie, now it’s coming to theaters so it better be a big deal.
Since I first saw that helicopter I assumed he was going to head to the commonwealth, thus following the comic arc somewhat but in a way he could exit the show.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
The series has stretched out to the point where it needed either a drastic change or proper closure. Thankfully, the comic was able to do the latter in a surprising fashion that certainly caught me off guard. I was slogging through that final arc ready to remove it from my pull list, but I forced my way through it and fortunately it turned out for the best as it reached a satisfying conclusion for me.

The TV show on the other hand is a lot harder to work through. Too many behind-the-scenes elements are shifting the show into unwatchable territory. Juggling the actors, changing showrunners, creating a lot of filler episodes. All aspects that have hindered the enjoyment of the series.

I really do enjoy the first four seasons and even moments of the latter seasons once Negan was introduced. I like Norman Reedus as Daryl, but that character isn't one that can lead a series and works better as a supporting character. Negan may be able to take off after Michonne/Danai Gurira leaves since Jeffrey Dean Morgan has a lot of charisma and gives Negan much needed depth. My hope is that AMC realizes this and takes the series back a notch. Going to eight episode seasons may actually help this with actor schedules, mapping out a story arc and having more in the budget for zombie/special effects. I hear Fear the Walking Dead is better, but I'll have to catch up later. I am interested in the Rick Grimes movie though and will probably see it in theaters. Andrew Lincoln really brings a lot into that character.

Last edited:
I've only ever played the Telltale games. Amazing in general, and the last season turned out great.
I meant to get into the show but never got around to it.

Top Bottom