• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE4 TDC was finally mentioned in a mainstream game, proper...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Well, I reckon Capcom doesn't care. They never will. They got their millions of dollars, and are probably enjoying cocktails at sea as we speak. ⛴️ 🍹

Why even make the damn remakes if they were gonna just give them all the Star Wars treatment? Pfft.

🥴
I'm disappointed by the way ada and ashley are treated in the story too. Ada particularly is even worse than re2r and ashley is lazily handled as well. She still gets captured at certain points in the story and from my understanding, you interact with her from a gameplay standpoint even less. I thought she would be able to use melee weapons during gameplay with leon but she cant. They even make her forcefully point a gun on leon through a very cringy way, she goes ahead and shoots 2 of saddler's henchmen but for leon, his gun jams. The way plaga is handled storywise feels very head nauseating, particularly when leon and ashley are controlled.

I would rather not, ı like suga's writing just fine. I can keep sticking to sugimura's and suga's writing eras.
Noboru Sugimura died from an unspecified heart condition in 2005, 10 something years even before Donald Trump was elected and inaugurated USA President. Even if Noboru Sugimura weren't so cut short in 2005, the Presidential rise of Donald Trump would have probably given Noboru Sugimura a heart attack.

Shotaro Suga died in his 40s on March, 2015 but we don't even have a clue about the health problem that cut him short. Shotaro Suga died 3 Months even before Donald Trump announced his 2016 Presidential campaign on June, 2015.

A DLCified, 2 player co-op Operation Javier is still worth it to me after the gameshow host and real estate businessman Donald Trump was turned into a one-term President.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Noboru Sugimura died from an unspecified heart condition in 2005, 10 something years even before Donald Trump was elected and inaugurated USA President. Even if Noboru Sugimura weren't so cut short in 2005, the Presidential rise of Donald Trump would have probably given Noboru Sugimura a heart attack.

Shotaro Suga died in his 40s on March, 2015 but we don't even have a clue about the health problem that cut him short. Shotaro Suga died 3 Months even before Donald Trump announced his 2016 Presidential campaign on June, 2015.

A DLCified, 2 player co-op Operation Javier is still worth it to me after the gameshow host and real estate businessman Donald Trump was turned into a one-term President.

I'm aware of their tragic cases. More reasons why ı dont want to see re engine versions of recv and re6 since ı consider their writing at their peak for those 2 games respectively. Since operation javier features t-veronica after recv and capcom skipped the game in favor of re4, ı also dont want to see operation javier in re engine, it would be heavily changed, it may not even feature t-veronica which would cut its future connection to re6. Most likely they will do re5 and it might finish after that.

Also sorry for stating this but if it's possible, can you not mention real life politics? I dont want to talk about that subject here.

I'm aware of their tragic cases. More reasons why ı dont want to see re engine versions of recv and re6 since ı consider their writing at their peak for those 2 games respectively. Since operation javier features t-veronica after recv and capcom skipped the game in favor of re4, ı also dont want to see operation javier in re engine, it would be heavily changed, it may not even feature t-veronica which would cut its future connection to re6. Most likely they will do re5 and it might finish after that.

Also sorry for stating this but if it's possible, can you not mention real life politics? I dont want to talk about that subject here.

I don't even know what nationality you hold but I'll lighten up a little on the real life politics talk. I believe CapCom skipped a Code: Veronica REmake because Code: Veronica was narratively set in 1998 and they wanted to take a vacation from the 1998 timeline. Even though Code: Veronica was narratively set after the destruction to Raccoon City, it was still narratively set in the same year as BioHazard: RE2 and BioHazard: RE3.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I don't even know what nationality you hold but I'll lighten up a little on the real life politics talk. I believe CapCom skipped a Code: Veronica REmake because Code: Veronica was narratively set in 1998 and they wanted to take a vacation from the 1998 timeline. Even though Code: Veronica was narratively set after the destruction to Raccoon City, it was still narratively set in the same year as BioHazard: RE2 and BioHazard: RE3.
Then they shouldnt have made re3r either. They didnt even care about it that much, especially due to outsourcing the game to multiple studios. I think they wont do recv with re engine due to its divisive nature in regards to its plot, same thing as re6. They delve into nazism and political story symbolism much more than other entries respectively.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I forgot to say this but another detail that ı didnt like is krauser not scarring leon's cheek with his knife. That detail is missing and they showcased that detail with re6 as shown on leon's face. Other times it's missing. I always liked that detail in re6 so re4r not having that detail bothers me.

Then they shouldnt have made re3r either. They didnt even care about it that much, especially due to outsourcing the game to multiple studios. I think they wont do recv with re engine due to its divisive nature in regards to its plot, same thing as re6. They delve into nazism and political story symbolism much more than other entries respectively.
Code: Veronica was partially developed with a CapCom in-source team and partially outsourced to Nextech and Tose. The Darkside Chronicles was developed between a CapCom in-source team and Cavia.

BioHazard 3 REmake was split between a CapCom in-source team and partially outsourced to K2 (a subsidiary of SNK), M-Two, and Redworks. Unfortunately, Cavia went defunct in 2010 (1 year after The Darkside Chronicles was originally REleased on Wii).

I forgot to say this but another detail that ı didnt like is krauser not scarring leon's cheek with his knife. That detail is missing and they showcased that detail with re6 as shown on leon's face. Other times it's missing. I always liked that detail in re6 so re4r not having that detail bothers me.
In the BioHazard 4 REmake, CapCom illustrated Jack Krauser's scar from Operation Javier but that's me only giving halfway credit to CapCom.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Code: Veronica was partially developed with a CapCom in-source team and partially outsourced to Nextech and Tose. The Darkside Chronicles was developed between a CapCom in-source team and Cavia.

BioHazard 3 REmake was split between a CapCom in-source team and partially outsourced to K2 (a subsidiary of SNK), M-Two, and Redworks. Unfortunately, Cavia went defunct in 2010 (1 year after The Darkside Chronicles was originally REleased on Wii).

Yeah ı'm aware of recv's and darkside chronicles' situation. They were also outsourced but more effort still seems to be given to them compared to re engine. Compared to previous fixed camera angled games as well as umbrella chronicles, recv and darkside chronicles feel much more like ambitious projects respectively.

I like the animated movies, but I didn't care about Infinite Darkness.

Generally, I like spin offs that expand the lore. Lately Capcom has just been making up new lore. This means little gets resolved.

The cutscenes for re4r are out on youtube. Might as well give my thoughts about krauser:

I personally didnt like the way he's executed from a story standpoint. He's the one who kills luis rather than saddler and ada isnt even utilized between leon and krauser encounters. Operation javier is also contradicted, now it involves more soldiers when it was a 2-men operation previously. It's referenced much more but they change past details and ı didnt like that. Defeats the point of referencing it in the 1st place. He also mutates both of his arms rather than only one. Even the way he's " killed " feels quite forced, now leon drives krauser's knife through his heart rather than it exploding upon defeat. Idk if ada will fight krauser if she will ever get her own scenario but ı dont think she will. Overall quite disappointing.
Along with that, Krauser also is implied to have mentored Leon, another huge contradiction to his character in Operation Javier. I swear these remakes have 1 major goal in mind: completely pollute continuity of what's already established.

Along with that, Krauser also is implied to have mentored Leon, another huge contradiction to his character in Operation Javier. I swear these remakes have 1 major goal in mind: completely pollute continuity of what's already established.

I mean Jack Krauser worked as a mercenary during his off-days from the USA military. That's not only me saying this but even CapCom's own established information confirmed Jack Krauser's secondary job as a mercenary long prior to the BioHazard 4 REmake. Jack Krauser has consistently been the type of person who relishes in jobs connected to the battlefield and has never liked a job outside it. It's safe to say Jack Krauser had a peer pressure effect on Leon Kennedy.

I mean Jack Krauser worked as a mercenary during his off-days from the USA military. That's not only me saying this but even CapCom's own established information confirmed Jack Krauser's secondary job as a mercenary long prior to the BioHazard 4 REmake. Jack Krauser has consistently been the type of person who relishes in jobs connected to the battlefield and has never liked a job outside it. It's safe to say Jack Krauser had a peer pressure effect on Leon Kennedy.
True, but this remake seems to omit Leon from even having taken place in that operation. He doesn't even comment on the report / files you find in Krauser's camp mentioning the operation. It mentions a team of soldiers and how Krauser was apparently the only survivor.

True, but this remake seems to omit Leon from even having taken place in that operation. He doesn't even comment on the report / files you find in Krauser's camp mentioning the operation. It mentions a team of soldiers and how Krauser was apparently the only survivor.

I haven't yet bought a PS4 disc copy of BioHazard 4 REmake but the online circumstantial evidence leads me to assume Jack Krauser falsified public records about Operation Javier to make it easier for himself to pass the job application and job interview phase with Osmund Saddler!🕵️‍♂️:LOL:

I haven't yet bought a PS4 disc copy of BioHazard 4 REmake but the online circumstantial evidence leads me to assume Jack Krauser falsified public records about Operation Javier to make it easier for himself to pass the job application and job interview phase with Osmund Saddler!🕵️‍♂️:LOL:
Wesker I'm sure helped him falsify a few things here and there given how good he is at that lol.

Top Bottom