• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Resistance Resistance was self-sabotaged

3648455-re%20resistance.jpg

Everyone here knows I'm an "OB crazy" (where's Big Stu?) so when I saw Resistance I thought it was Outbreak. Then I was disappointed... then I played it. I fell in love.

It could use some polish but was FUN and a high tier 4v1. So I have to ask Capcom, why did you choose to stop supporting this game and keep it locked behind RE:3? Dropping support only a year in for REverse? It's like Cappy wanted it to die after a year even though it was in a good state and could have lasted years.

This game could still be relevant, but they wanted it dead internally and it's puzzling. :mad:

This is why I keep stating they should stop with these yearly multiplayer games and make ONE big game like an Outbreak remake that they can keep adding updates. Resistance had the beginnings of a good game but was rushed, it only took me 15 hours to get all trophies. The game is so horribly unbalanced that it will match up level 1 survivors with a rank 500 mastermind and vice versa.

A gamer buddy of mine said it perfectly, that all these MP games don’t deserve to be their own games. They are literally game modes that cost $30-60 and it’s a huge waste of time and resources.

If Capcom wants to capitalize on the MP market so badly, they need to be smarter than this. We had modes like Re:Verse in RE5 and RE6 already! I don’t know why they can’t adapt a teamwork centric MP game like Outbreak did almost 2 decades ago. They are way too obsessed with the concept of versus modes like it’s the end all be all.

Last edited:

Yama

Owner
Best post Cindy, I think @foxyareku was mentioning this in another thread as well that the game was simply left to die. The game itself was excellent, the most basic of internal decisions could have "saved" it for me:

• Release separate from RE:3. The game absolutely appeals to a different crowd as well as the RE fan. 4v1 games are popular and many players as well as streamers would have played it if they could just BUY IT without having to get another title they aren't interested in.
  • Cross-play. Not much needs to be said about this, but expected for games as such.
  • In game economy that relies less on RNG. The chance mechanics to pull things I don't want are horrible. At least break them up some, based on mastermind or survivor. Moreover let us spend credits that if we want to chase a certain cosmetic or card, we can. This could easily be balanced by being cheaper to buy a RNG crate, but x4 expensive to get exactly what I want. Most would happily grind and spend on something they absolutely want versus going 0/50 drop wise. Either way people will keep playing to earn what they want, you don't need to trick them into playing. Happy players who feel rewarded stick around more, despite these corporate decisions to waste play time.
  • Bonus: anti-cheat, please.

Best post Cindy, I think @foxyareku was mentioning this in another thread as well that the game was simply left to die. The game itself was excellent, the most basic of internal decisions could have "saved" it for me:

• Release separate from RE:3. The game absolutely appeals to a different crowd as well as the RE fan. 4v1 games are popular and many players as well as streamers would have played it if they could just BUY IT without having to get another title they aren't interested in.
  • Cross-play. Not much needs to be said about this, but expected for games as such.
  • In game economy that relies less on RNG. The chance mechanics to pull things I don't want are horrible. At least break them up some, based on mastermind or survivor. Moreover let us spend credits that if we want to chase a certain cosmetic or card, we can. This could easily be balanced by being cheaper to buy a RNG crate, but x4 expensive to get exactly what I want. Most would happily grind and spend on something they absolutely want versus going 0/50 drop wise. Either way people will keep playing to earn what they want, you don't need to trick them into playing. Happy players who feel rewarded stick around more, despite these corporate decisions to waste play time.
  • Bonus: anti-cheat, please.
Don't get me started on the RNG!! :mad: Agreed on the purchase options. With RE:3 for $60 at release, without it for $30 whatever. It would have helped because if people have ZERO want to play RE:3, then it just feels like a bad consumer choice to buy it and a waste of money no matter how good a sale is. People dont want stuff they're not going to use. I agree yama

Such a shame. I admit I hated Resistance initially, but after revisiting it the game grew on me, and then I saw it for what it was; horribly mishandled and so much wasted potential. So I agree with pretty much all your points and others from other users and also wish to add, that this game should have had dedicated servers. It really sucks that the Mastermind's connection holds the entire match together in a sense.

Such a shame. I admit I hated Resistance initially, but after revisiting it the game grew on me, and then I saw it for what it was; horribly mishandled and so much wasted potential. So I agree with pretty much all your points and others from other users and also wish to add, that this game should have had dedicated servers. It really sucks that the Mastermind's connection holds the entire match together in a sense.
Yeah I hated what I saw because it looked serious and goofy all in one. I wanted Outbreak and felt like this was a replacement that wasn't up to par. Then I opened up to it as a 4v1 game and realized it was great at what it was. Could have been cleaned up some but was still great overall, the biggest probs weren't the game itself.

Top Bottom