• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE Project Platinum

I have decided to get all RE Platinums on PlayStation. I have all of them except for ORC, Resistence, RE8 ,and Umbrella Corps... *BIG shrugs* I am really not looking forward to UC at all. REVerse will also most likely get a plat when it releases next year. Wish me luck!

P.S. Thread is meant to discuss any challenges or tips in obtaining these elusive plats. So far for me Revelations 1 was the hardest for having to grind Raid mode and beating the hardest difficulty, but I have a feeling UC will probably kill me..

Last edited:

Yama

Owner
I could not imagine stomaching UC for that long of a period, especially now. I commend you, lol.

yeah honestly I am not sure about UC..its so fkn bad. Its only game I couldnt even finish. Not only is it a shit game but its hard and very time consuming. ORC can have some fun at least even if its a basterdization, but even that game has the Clock Tower from RE3 xD

Finally decided to begin this journey starting with ORC just in case the servers close soon. My god this game runs like complete dogshit. I have been spoiled by the remasters and reimagined games at 60 FPS for so long; this is really hard to go back to. Especially when the game dips to like 15 FPS.

Did the 98 versus matches and will hopefully get the online trophies done this weekend. The music during loading screens sounds like a very loud mosquito flying in your ear like PEEEEW PEEEEW PEEEEW it’s really annoying.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Finally decided to begin this journey starting with ORC just in case the servers close soon. My god this game runs like complete dogshit. I have been spoiled by the remasters and reimagined games at 60 FPS for so long; this is really hard to go back to. Especially when the game dips to like 15 FPS.

Did the 98 versus matches and will hopefully get the online trophies done this weekend. The music during loading screens sounds like a very loud mosquito flying in your ear like PEEEEW PEEEEW PEEEEW it’s really annoying.
Why does fps drop though? Dont you play the game on ps3? Also what remasters? It's only available on xbox series x other than xbox 360, pc and ps3. And ı dont think ps3 version can reach to 60 fps either.

Your pew pew pew line was kind of funny though, it got me laughing a lot.

Remasters of other RE games not ORC. And yeah PS3 games mostly run at 30 FPS due to hardware limitations. ORC in particular runs on a different engine, when a lot started happening on screen the game becomes laggy and unplayable. Yeah I really don’t like the music in this game at all lol.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Remasters of other RE games not ORC. And yeah PS3 games mostly run at 30 FPS due to hardware limitations. ORC in particular runs on a different engine, when a lot started happening on screen the game becomes laggy and unplayable.
Oh sorry about that, ı didnt read a small part properly. Regardless ı wish you luck on your project platinum.

Tongue Tied trophy is completely BS as u need to have a teammate get grappled by a Licker then kill it before it lets go. Problem with this is the AI breaks out too fast and if Licker is on ceiling or wall can’t kill fast enough. Been at it for hours but gave up; need online help for that one.

ORC is coming to a close soon, need only a few more online and to S+ rank missions and it’s done. Going to start dipping my toes into Resistance and UCorps soon. After playing the tutorial in Resistance it’s like a breath of fresh air playing at a smooth 60fps. Compared to the awful frame rate of ORC it’s automatically a much better game. It literally feels like torture playing through ORC.

UCorps is not only awful but its cheap and hard, which is the worst kind of bad game. I got all the way to Raccoon City levels in The Experiment and you would not believe the amount of bullshit that unfolds on screen. The gore puddles left behind by enemies can sometimes spawn up to 3 enemies and have a mind of their own. You have to survive up to 3 rounds IN A ROW in order to complete the level, so if you die start all over again with cheap spawning enemies and broken hit detection. The level is also very dark so it's hard to see anything coming at you at times. This game would of been bad enough just doing the single player alone but oh no, that's not enough. There's like 80 hours worth of online challenges and grinding to do to get this platinum.

I was on the fence for a minute if ORC was worse but despite that game running at only 15 FPS at most times and being a bastardization fan game, UCorps can't even be saved at 60 FPS. It has 0 redeeming qualities. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but whoever likes this game needs to seriously play more games. This is by far going to be the hardest RE plat if I even decide to go further with it.

Did my first session of Resistance and I can see now why this game failed so hard. The matchmaking is bogus and makes it frustrating to form boosting parties or play with friends. The Masterminds are horribly imbalanced and it’s almost impossible to finish a game alive since only try hard’s who are like rank 100-500+ still play. It’s also bizarre they have canonical characters like Daniel and young Alex in the game when they have never been shown in an actual canon game.

So far the trophies look to be the easiest to get online wise.. IF the matchmaking goes smoothly. It’s sad to me how cookie cutter this game feels as there are barely any redesigned enemies; almost all of them are ripped right out of RE:2/3. It is only better than ORC and UCorps to me because I like the gameplay, but it’s a budget title that they charged everyone $30 for essentially.

Oh and Jill has like dozens of costumes but in RE:3 she still only has 3 after 2 freaking years!

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah ı dont understand why they didnt update re3 2020 with additional content but update resistance instead. That feels inconsistent.

That's another sign to me that the game seems to be designed around that more than the main game portion.

Despite that, people still say the game is like re6 even though it's dramatically different from it.

Unlike re3 2020, that game is designed well around the campaigns.

Finished Resistance today, I actually had more fun with it playing as the Mastermind. I had a whole team waiting by an exit and I wiped them all out with mines, it was beautiful lol. Alex was the most fun to use for me but its so unfair I can't help but feel bad for the Survivors alot of the time. The game only took about 13 hours with boosting. Other than that, the game overall is an unbalanced mess that only has glimpses of actual fun. Just like RE:3, it was rushed out the door and abandoned after a short while. You know the saying '2 wrongs don't make a right?' well that applied to RE in 2020.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ripvanx curious but did you play agent hunt in re6? What do you think about it? The things you said for resistance remind me of what ı feel about agent hunt to some extent. It also have balancing issues and it seems to favor agents more than creatures which have quite clunky controls.

Though ı still think that made sense since overpowering creatures in protagonists' sessions wouldnt make much sense but it's a great concept that is simply not executed as well as campaigns.

From what you say about resistance, it seems that ı prefer re6's agent hunt ( and ı guess other online exclusive mods too but ı only care for onslaught really. ) over resistance. That mode was part of the game compared to resistance which feels like an entire game and seems to be favored more than re3 2020. While re6 feels supported around its campaigns more than its other modes. And despite that, ı think re6 handles its extra online modes better than resistance.

And honestly ı would rather have overpowered agents over overpowered antagonists.

Regardless compatitive online mods just dont work well in re no matter what and ı really dont see why capcom keep giving them chance over and over. I wished they focus on main story campaigns more than those online modes.

I felt Agent Hunt was really hard to control enemies and only played it a few times before dropping it completely. It was an interesting concept at the time that should of been fleshed out more. Resistance has better controls for the monster’s and I feel that’s where most of the enjoyment of the game lies. It’s simply not as fun to play as Survivors and takes too long to level up. Even then, the Masterminds can just spam mobs and traps and it’s GG. I won against a high ranking team as Daniel by simply shooting them with turrets which makes the timer melt away.

Regardless, I will probably never play them again unless people need help with boosting.

I have decided to go after the PS4 plats and 100% for Rev1, RE5, and RE6. I did them before in PS3 almost a decade ago so they will feel like new experiences to me again. To my surprise Rev1 has a different trophy list for Raid Mode so that will be a fun grind. Rev2 I have done on PS4 but it also has a PS3 and Vita stack so I can do that again as well.

Umbrella Corps is dragging ass and my boosting team is on the verge of quitting I feel. It is one of the worst games I ever played and it’s a 60 hour grind to the plat. What the hell was Capcom thinking releasing that as an anniversary game!?

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to ask questions about re6. On ps3, did you play as all characters in all campaigns? Did you beat no hope? That difficulty doesnt have an achievement for it. Did you rely on re net and unlock ex2 / ex3 costumes for all characters? And did you s rank all campaigns with all characters in all difficulties?

Are you planning to do these on ps4?

I want to ask questions about re6. On ps3, did you play as all characters in all campaigns? Did you beat no hope? That difficulty doesnt have an achievement for it. Did you rely on re net and unlock ex2 / ex3 costumes for all characters? And did you s rank all campaigns with all characters in all difficulties?

Are you planning to do these on ps4?
Just doing trophy related stuff no ex costumes or No Hope. Never finished No Hope. I never bother with S ranks unless it’s required. I did actually play all characters on PS3, I liked the variety between them. I didn’t really like using Jake though since he is more melee based, that is not my favorite way to play RE games.

Top Bottom