• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Remake Thoughts

They could of added side quests where you could try help rescue civilians in RE:3 but that also seems to be glanced over.
Can’t even go back to see Dario.
They should have expanded the original Mercenaries mode with people to save. Instead of... nothing.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
They should have expanded the original Mercenaries mode with people to save. Instead of... nothing.
I wish so too. Rather than making re3r a tutorial mode for resistance, they should have fully adapted the og game while also expanding mercenaries in a more akin to its potrayal in re3. Personally ı think re3 has the best mercenaries mode in the series and it's still the only one so far that has any form of writing, the other iterations are simply arcadey modes with no story thought behind them whatsoever. Still find it strange that they included mercenaries for both revillage and re4r but re3r is missing that mode, the game that started that trend in the 1st place.

I'm also bothered by the cut of extreme battle mode from re2r as well. To me ghost survivors is even more pointless than resistance, rather than playing with pointless characters, ı would have preferred to play as ada and chris as well as more cast returning from re1 or something.

She looks good but the attitude is wrong. Whoever localizes the dialogue these days has a problem writing anything that sounds professional and it's all bad language and aggressive edgy nonsense. Then again they don't know how to write files and lore either. Which is kind of a problem when RE1 is still supposed to take place before this. I hope they don't remake it again and make things worse.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
She looks good but the attitude is wrong. Whoever localizes the scripts these days has a problem writing anything that sounds professional and it's all bad language and aggressive edgy nonsense.
The localization is becoming worse and worse as the series goes on. Personally in regards to english voice acting and character dialogue, ı would say re5 and re6 are the best followed by darkside chronicles. Rerev games by comparison are massive step down in this aspect and re engine isnt becoming better either. That's what will happen to the series when they will keep hiring western writers that dont fit to the established themes of the series' storyline.

The characters were always swearing in Japanese scripts/subtitles. Like Leon's "These fucking women" line from BIO2 (OG).

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The characters were always swearing in Japanese scripts/subtitles. Like Leon's "These fucking women" line from BIO2 (OG).
I dont think they say the " f " word in japanese though. In rerev2's japanese script, moira says something like " This is bad. " a lot but in english, this gets replaced with " f " word quite often.

Like for rerev2 as an instance...

English: "What in the moist barrel of fucks-"
Japanese: *Distressed* "What is this place?"
English: "Fucking technology!"
Japanese: "Ugh, this is the worst."
English: "Fucking Barry! All he ever does is push back-"
Japanese: "Barry is the worst. He's always-"

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Of course, the Japanese do not swear in English. They have their own words, and the characters used them.
But you still translated one of leon's lines in re2's japanese script as " These fucking women " even though there's no reason why this would be said. I'm already aware that leon was more " sexist " in the japanese script of re2 compared to english but ı doubt he would have said that like you stated.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ask News Bot and Nora if you don't believe Leon knows bad words.
Out of all characters, ı cant believe you pick leon where he's more of a womanizer and swears much less due to his naivety. I'm already aware of the cut dialogue in re2 where leon comes up more demanding from women, ı already saw it being stated. There's no " f " bomb in the japanese script, not even from those cut lines there. My point was starting with rerev2, the english localization for the games overexaggerate the swearing much more, it's another way to misrepresent the japanese scripts.

There's no " f " bomb in the japanese script, not even from those cut lines there.
Firstly, this is not my translation, but if I were translating this line into Russian, I would use a Russian swearing, because this is the way how swearings are adapted into other languages.

Secondly, it has nothing to do with that starting point of yours, because I wrote in response to Mocata's message.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
because I wrote in response to Mocata's message.
You didnt respond directly to mocata though, you just made a general message. Since ı replied after him, ı took that as a response to me rather than him. But ı still doubt one of the lines in re2 would translate to " These fucking women " . Which line is that in official localization of re2 anyway? You didnt even compare it to the official english dialogue.

But not in the English version, so for consistency's sake it would better to keep the same tone.

Going by examples above Nu-Jill and Moira have almost the same personality at times, presumably because some writer thinks it's cool, or because they think that's what Western audiences want. 'Bitch can't even swim,' isn't something Jill Valentine would say.

Last edited:
Top Bottom