• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Negative opinions from YouTubers re: Resident Evil Village...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yes, I thought it was very strange, too. Unless he was referring to Wesker's Umbrella, which was ignored.
There's also neo umbrella in re6 which is an evil organization that uses umbrella's name to spread fear. So that part was very weird to say the least.

Want to know what kind of Chris Redfield you are? Capcom has launched a website (LMAO):

ElkE4ofXIAAYdP-

Aha, my boy!

What Mikami said in the recent video is something that needs to be said.

Resident Evil doesn't have a set rule.
If it exists, only the creators know of them.

The problem is when fans make up "rules of true Resident Evil" in their heads and expect some guys back at Japan to follow these made-up rules.

The same with "rules of true "Survival Horror"".
At no point did Mikami or the rest of Capcom ever said "Survival Horror can't have ammo drops or a shop system".
That's something made up by elitists in forums.

That's not Chris Redfield. That's Stand-in Field. LOL.

I am so glad that Capcom saw the "feedback" and were like, "RE fans, we screwed up by making Chris age backwards!"

Maybe you should have hired someone who resembled him in the first place, you hacks. Everybody = happy. Now I can't wait to see Jill under the RE Engine.

Oh, wait. ?

What Mikami said in the recent video is something that needs to be said.

Resident Evil doesn't have a set rule.
If it exists, only the creators know of them.

The problem is when fans make up "rules of true Resident Evil" in their heads and expect some guys back at Japan to follow these made-up rules.

The same with "rules of true "Survival Horror"".
At no point did Mikami or the rest of Capcom ever said "Survival Horror can't have ammo drops or a shop system".
That's something made up by elitists in forums.
Probably the reason the series has endured for so long is because once in a while the developers retool it to make it a fresh experience, and the game that is truly a testament to it all is Mikami's last RE as a director, RE 4.

I'm watching Nemesis on YouTube, interviewing Joe Whyte. Even the voice actor from the 2002 remake does not care about 7: Biohazard being connected to the other games, which says a lot about the series. So stick that in your pipe, and smoke it! :p

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The drones that alerts Hunters in Code: VERONICA is an interesting concept.
If they reappear in an RE title with pinpoint aiming, then maybe you can shoot them down.
Dont you mean seekers? They also appear in re4 during the krauser boss battle.

Dont you mean seekers? They also appear in re4 during the krauser boss battle.
I guess I prefer when it's linked to or working alongside BOWs.

I am indifferent to them being an independent enemy but I know someone out there is gonna complain "Resident Evil isn't about fighting robots!" X3

Well, if people are confused by the Louisiana version of Albert Lester, mimicry of Dr. Marcus with long teeth and hybrids of humans and wolves, then because of robots, fans will definitely fly into the stratosphere out of anger, heh.

"These are the ivys!"-Some random idiot. :D

"No, nigger. They're just zombies... with plants on them!"-YouTuber. ;)

HA! HA! HA! :poop:

The Ivys from 1998 = ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

And what's the solution? Well... ?????????

The "Ivys" from 2019 = ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘ ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

And what's the solution? Well... ?????????

P.S. A Plant 43 specimen is actually seen already dead against a window in the lab, Bandersnatch style.

Also, RE4 is great, but RE5 is trash. The RE2 remake is great, but the RE3 remake is trash. Uh!

Oh, no, no, no. :ROFLMAO:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The drones that alerts Hunters in Code: VERONICA is an interesting concept.
If they reappear in an RE title with pinpoint aiming, then maybe you can shoot them down.
What do you think about drones that appear in re6? They are interesting gadgets that carla uses to toy with bsaa and us government agents.

I still dont think a re game that only has robotic creations as its creatures wouldnt be out of place.

And what about... Demons? Dinosaurs? Going full supernatural? A lot of mind games? Honestly they should experiment and not care about so called " ruining " the series like so many fans, even sometimes ı did in the past, say.

What about something like this?

Imagine if you could do something like this to a dinosaur.

Honestly they should experiment and not care about so called " ruining " the series like so many fans, even sometimes ı did in the past, say.

That would definetely pick my interest, and some of the elements from the games I feel they should keep experimenting with are the setting and locations.

I feel like with the RE 2 and RE 3 remake they offered some lush locales, obviously mixing it with the destruction of Raccoon, and although the RPD architecture kept identical in most places, others like the laboratory or nest sections had a high tech vibe to them not present in the original games, while RE 7 and Village went with a retro vibe the video tapes, and more decrepit places and basically had labs that felt more improvised or just poor compared to those of Umbrella.

Going forward I'd be so happy If they try to come up with more engaging settings like a big school, or even sections with an amusement park or a circus with freak monster presentations (if I am not mistaken RE 1.5 would feature gorilla bows and also outbreak file 2 had a zoo section also) where you had to solve puzzles and avoid traps or that ditched concept from 3.5 that had a flying fortress or zeppelin balloon (maybe just a tad more high tech much like Black Widow's movie Red Room).

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
That would definetely pick my interest, and some of the elements from the games I feel they should keep experimenting with are the setting and locations.
Yeah that's an interesting idea. They could try to take place in more countries for example. I would like to see a re game in japan.

Top Bottom