• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Movies Death Island

Man, where did everyone go on Biohaze? ;)

Anyway, I managed to download the film after a lengthy wait, and oh boy. What a thrill ride of a movie.

I thought the villain Dylan Blake was quite good. Very much what you'd expect from any RE entry I guess, but I like how he came from Raccoon City, so it felt rooted in the franchise.

Yes. I kind of still feel it's overdone when they keep going back to 1998. Capcom should maybe consider not overdoing this again. But let's be honest here. That's still way better than the nonsense that RE8 has going for it.

The animation is just splendid. I do think it's weird how Jill no longer looks like Julia Voth, as they rehired the actress from the RE3 remake, and that's a game that's supposed to be set in 1998. Claire is slightly odd as well. But she ain't bad by any means. It's like all this time has went by, but it barely can feel like this is the case.

This felt like the perfect reunion between characters, and the first time meeting with Leon and Jill was pretty cool with the Lickers. I really liked the dialogue from Dylan, as it just seemed to gel with my feelings overall. Like when he decides to berate an imprisoned Chris for losing so many men.

I think this is as close to a RE6 "sequel" as we're gonna be getting, as this seems like the end of the remnants of the Raccoon City arc. Kind of. They're now focusing on baloney like the mould and the fantasy craziness. Of which not many of us old school fans are particularly fond of. But I guess things may pick up if Capcom begin to understand there's a market for making RE legitimately feel like RE again. This film pulled it off incredibly well. But as long as they start making up silliness for the sake of it, things will gradually decline once more.

It further suggests the heroes are just being used by their respective organisations. You know? This has me excited for the blue Umbrella or bad BSAA plot hockum to conclude more than ever. They're hopefully going to make that a focal point of RE9, coming whenever it may come. :D

With that all said, I'm putting in my time on RE talk on forums and whatnot, as I have a lot to do in my personal life, and it's going to cost money. I'll be here with you all in spirit, though.

I wish Capcom put as much effort into their games as they do with these animated movies.

While no movie is worth full marks, I found this to be the most entertaining RE related something in many a year. But I just wish Jill's looks were based on Julia's and not Sasha, giving how RE5 was Jill's last canon contribution, so it really has been 6 years since Wesker was defeated in Africa. Although I guess that's just a dream at this point in history, as Julia has moved on.

Leon is still Leon. No complaints with Rebecca. Claire is a bit different, but otherwise fine. Chris is not perfect, but this is probably my favourite current model for him. Because who honestly cares about his RE7 counterpart?

My pre-ordered copy came in the mail from Best Buy the Saturday before its store release and I saw it. The graphics looked great for what I can see, considering I was wearing an old pair of beat up 12-year-old glasses. I got a new pair of glasses today with much clearer vision. So I like to see the movie again with my new vision.

For what I saw in the movie, the water graphics looked real. In fact, most of the movie looked realistic. This is the first Resident Evil CGI movie I saw with my new Dolby Atmos 7.1 speaker system and the sounds were coming from all around. I loved the graphics and the Atmos surround sound effects.

SPOILER: One thing that made me nervous is when all the protagonists except Jill were infected. I thought that this was their last appearance until their death. Thank God that Jill got the cure for everyone.

I'll give this movie a solid 9/10.

Top Bottom