• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Easter Eggs

Another similar Easter egg that I found when I was extracting the textures of Resident Evil 4:

Yeah, that's the Spencer crest on the Silver Ghost!

Maybe this is a reference to the fact that the developers once considered Leon as Oswell's son? 🤔

I found the Yashichi!

fzwhMz2OdOs.jpg

For those who don't know, this cross can be seen in many old titles from Capcom as a healing or bonus item. For example, in the Mega Man series.

QFeVQAA.png

I wouldn't call this an Easter egg as such, but in the new Netflix series, Mr. Graham looks at a framed photo of his daughter, Ashley. You can tell the president really puts his trust in Leon to do a grand job with things.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı know ı'm posting late to this but about ada; ı always liked how she left kiss marks on objects that leon finds. This " kiss " is a reference to what happened in re2 leon b scenario. One of the files in re4 has a kiss mark of ada and she also leaves another paper airplane to leon which also has a kiss mark.

There's also this:

I believe one of guidebooks of re4 confirms that it's ada who leaves this letter to leon, ı used to think that it was luis who left this letter but ı saw a tweet in the past where it mentions one of re4 guidebooks confirming that ada indeed left the letter even though it's not possible since she was captured at that time so separate ways contradicts this. Regardless this letter doesnt have a kiss mark yet cause leon wasnt sure about ada's existence in village at that time after she saved leon from mendez before getting captured.

This kiss mark is also left at the rocket of rpg leon and helena find in re6:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
But anyway; re6 surely have a lot of easter eggs and references to past entries. The game feels like one giant adorable fanservice.

I would like to share more but it would take a long time.

Yama

Owner
In pushing the new forums to live I had to go and categorize all old threads and this one tickled my fancy. Definitely would love to see some updated findings!

The book is also literally called "Gun Survivor" in the Japanese version. Whoever wrote the English text apparently overlooked the reference.

Besides that, the beam of the BSAA's LZ Answerer consists of charged particles. Such particles were also present in Gun Survivor 4:

The charged particle gun, developed envisioning a biohazard, induced destruction at the gene level and made its form go out of control. Due to the characteristic of the G-Virus to repeat spontaneous mutations, its large swollen body seems to embody the "resentment" carved into Morpheus.

Source.

The designer of this saber could be Quint from Revelations, I imagine. He is a fan of Star Wars and quoted these movies in the game.

I found a lot in Resident Evil: Resistance. It's not canon and the game didn't have a really good reception made worse with not enough support for the game, but it grew on me after a while.

And I found a lot of nods to memes, and movies:

View attachment 2021View attachment 2022View attachment 2023View attachment 2024View attachment 2025View attachment 2026View attachment 2027View attachment 2028View attachment 2029View attachment 2030View attachment 2031View attachment 2032
The game should've been canon, honestly. It is in my own head-canon... At least the general premise with the new characters and masterminds, only. Was more deserving of it than 5, 6, movie and every other spin-off aside from Outbreak. The reintroduction of Alex Wesker in the RE Engine was incredible.

These memes remind me just how quality that game was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom