• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE6 Happy 10th anniversary RE6!

Resident Evil 6 avengers fan made trailer. We may never get a game like this. I think no other action adventure series has a game like this. With so many playable characters together.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Resident Evil 6 avengers fan made trailer. We may never get a game like this. I think no other action adventure series has a game like this. With so many playable characters together.
I watched that. Good video. Though ı didnt like re engine 1 footage at the end; felt out of place.

Meh. I guess 6 ain't as bad as 7 and 8 are, despite this annoying, "RE7 went back to da ho roar roots!!!111" crap I read online a lot. Because at least 6 still has that RE-something about it. You know? You can play it and think, hey, that's the newest RE game. Well, at least if this were 10 years ago.

Stupid Capcom however, just had to go and be like Konami's P.T. with that Shadows of Rose DLC. A mannequin that stalks ya now. Pfft.

And at least we're usually polite to each other on here. Unlike the users on GameFAQs who are morons. They're kind of ratty about my opinions. Keyword: opinions. Not to be taken at all seriously. ;)

Yeah, my threads sometimes start off okay, until some fanboy radge pot decides to be a jackass and accuse me of having alternate accounts. I've closed a few in the past, because the forums are kind of shite at times. But they're entitled to say whatever they want, I suppose.

@Jitsu, @mert20004 is a huge fan of RE6. I believe it's his favourite game in the series, and the first one he played.

I didn't like it much in 2012. But I think I like it more these days, because 7 and 8 have taken the franchise in a very bizarre direction over the last 5 years.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
You were right, Mert. 😳

GameFAQs still... SUCKS! 😄

@Jitsu, @mert20004 is a huge fan of RE6. I believe it's his favourite game in the series, and the first one he played.

I didn't like it much in 2012. But I think I like it more these days, because 7 and 8 have taken the franchise in a very bizarre direction over the last 5 years.
I told you before that you shouldnt post to that place but you still keep doing it. Idk what you get from posting there but ı think you should stop that and just post here. I even saw 2 threads about re6 created there purely as baits. They say the exact same generic stuff on a constant basis. Nothing valuable or creative about them.

I also dont understand why you keep mentioning usernames. You can show disagreement over an opinion without mentioning names.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think re6's " cathedral " / church in tall oaks is meant to be a reference to the one in re0. Where there is a boss fight with giant bat before going down further. In re6; there is a boss fight with lepotica and after the opened passage, you go down and keep going. Suga seems to be inspired by sugimura's re0 script in regards to that. Both places are inside forests as well.

In damnation there is also a church where ganados eventually break through but ı think that's the one that's a reference to the one in re4 rather than the one in re6.

Suga was doing so much expansions from past scripts. I really miss his writing...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
RE6 had a lot of personnel involved. I hope they consider doing that again someday.

I used to love having multiple scenarios.
I dont think they will do a passion project like re6 ever again. Re engine 2 seems to be considered one but its development is incredibly messy due to trying to be both " remake " and " reimagining " . Re engine 3 makes its " reimagining " route much more obvious but it had to cut and change a lot of things from 1999 game which doesnt surprise me after re engine 2.

If re6 didnt get its reputation ruined by those rude elitists on internet; then there's a good chance capcom could have tripled up its concept with a file 2 like expansion pack as a way to fully conclude the series. Instead all they will do is produce re4 remakes until they will reach a dead end. They dont need to " redeem " the game; that undermines its franchise saving aspect.

Gameplaywise re engine says " Mikami fandom is taking over! " while storywise it says " Lets imitate past games without progressing the storyline. " . They are surely going full anderson route with reach for the moon, even more so by hiring western writers to work on the scripts. They didnt need to take mikami's umbrella so seriously either; it's just something he invented on a whim. I would have preferred wxc to make to recv instead.

Last edited:
Resident Evil's biggest sin is bringing back Sherry and making her the side character to Wesker's random love baby.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I feel that c-virus in re6 is also an expansion of clay virus which was the previous name of the bio-real world's source of life before this was changed to progenitor. It's so ironic that a named virus that starts with " c " letter is the one that showcases progenitor's potential the most.

So far these are the files that mentions " progenitor " for the 1st time. Re2's n64 version and recv ( dismissing x version ) seem to be released shortly around the same time. The former is cleverly connected to lisa trevor through ne-alpha parasite.

I feel that progenitor wont even be featured again and that's due to the tragic demises of both sugimura and suga. The latter was carrying from sugimura's plot points very well and sadly ı think they consider progenitor to be concluded in re6 due to this. Plaga also felt directly connected to progenitor through licker betas in damnation. I dont think this will be done for mold and cadou which are basically new things without any direct connection to progenitor. Reach for the moon is basically a re4 producing engine doing the exact same thing over and over. It wouldnt surprise me if a new origin species virus would be invented to connect reach for the moon to that too. " Moon virus " basically.

I feel that c-virus in re6 is also an expansion of clay virus
There is no connection. That virus was called the Clay Virus because it's a reference to Prometheus, who made people out of clay. The name Progenitor is equivalent to that.

The name of the C-Virus refers to the pupa for an obvious reason.

It's so ironic that a named virus that starts with " c " letter is the one that showcases progenitor's potential the most.
It's hardly true as well.

Meh. I guess 6 ain't as bad as 7 and 8 are, despite this annoying, "RE7 went back to da ho roar roots!!!111" crap I read online a lot. Because at least 6 still has that RE-something about it. You know? You can play it and think, hey, that's the newest RE game. Well, at least if this were 10 years ago.

Stupid Capcom however, just had to go and be like Konami's P.T. with that Shadows of Rose DLC. A mannequin that stalks ya now. Pfft.

And at least we're usually polite to each other on here. Unlike the users on GameFAQs who are morons. They're kind of ratty about my opinions. Keyword: opinions. Not to be taken at all seriously. ;)

Yeah, my threads sometimes start off okay, until some fanboy radge pot decides to be a jackass and accuse me of having alternate accounts. I've closed a few in the past, because the forums are kind of shite at times. But they're entitled to say whatever they want, I suppose.

To think someone who is on a Resident Evil forum would say that RE6 is better than 7 in almost any way blows my mind but to each their own. Re6 almost destroyed the franchise meanwhile RE7 brought in so many new fans. I do agree to a point that RE7 had very loose connections to the rest of the series but after 6 it almost had to cut ties honestly, the overarching story of the franchise at this point is so nonsensical I don't know how they keep it going other than having a new setting each time.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
To think someone who is on a Resident Evil forum would say that RE6 is better than 7 in almost any way blows my mind but to each their own. Re6 almost destroyed the franchise meanwhile RE7 brought in so many new fans. I do agree to a point that RE7 had very loose connections to the rest of the series but after 6 it almost had to cut ties honestly, the overarching story of the franchise at this point is so nonsensical I don't know how they keep it going other than having a new setting each time.
What the hell is your problem?!! This was a positivity thread about the game, why dont you take your negativity to somewhere else? The criticism is bloated enough already. I cant believe survival horror elitists like you keep making these misconceptions over and over.

Like...

" The blight on the series. "

" Resident Evil's biggest sin bla bla bla "

" Re6 almost destroyed the franchise meanwhile RE7 bla bla bla "

It should have BEEN the so called " blight " / " biggest sin " on the series. You dont even know how to praise the new reboot direction. Umbrella corps started it by pointing out wesker revival hints and all the garbage reach for the moon does is keep producing re4 remakes. There is nothing valuable or unique about them cause they keep doing the EXACT SAME THING. The entries released after re4 were improving from it while also progressing the storyline but all corps and reach for the moon does is keep producing re4 remakes / ports / reboots. They didnt even need to take mikami's umbrella so seriously either cause outbreak file 2 already concluded it. I despise recvx more than re6 haters does the game.

I'm sorry for rudeness but why dont you just... Idk do something else? There's like plenty of games. But you pick 1 or 2 as a convenient scapegoat while overpraising others. And you do this in a thread where the game's writer is mentioned to pass away. How disgusting is that! I stayed quiet for a while but ı'm not gonna hold back. You arent even fan of the series, you're just a fan of that mikami zealot and nothing more. I mean who cares about iwao, sugimura and suga right! As well as more developers.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
There is no connection. That virus was called the Clay Virus because it's a reference to Prometheus, who made people out of clay. The name Progenitor is equivalent to that.

The name of the C-Virus refers to the pupa for an obvious reason.

It's hardly true as well.
I didnt ask for your opinion. I stand by what ı said.

Top Bottom