• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General 2012 and 2021 are the most RE packed years for Capcom. Which do you like more? For me it's 2012 EASILY.

For me, I liked and hated both years equally but for different reasons. Let me explain. I liked 2012 for Damnation and Retribution and I did like 2021 for Infinite Darkness and Welcome To Raccoon City. I didn't care for the games in both those years. So that's 2 movies I liked in each year; and 2 games I didn't give much a chance for in each year.

2012 for me as well. Resident evil was going epic at that time despite many claiming otherwise. I became a fan in 2013 but a part of me really wishes that ı was a fan before 2012 while being excited for the franchise. It would have been interesting.

Re6 is my favourite one without a doubt, ı still think it's peak bio sequel. I enjoyed rerev but ı couldnt get into it that much, especially storywise. I used to dislike reorc but ı've grown appreciation for it, mainly in terms of characters, storyline and its concept. The same cant be said for umbrella corps however.

I'm not a big fan of live action films however damnation is my favourite cgi movie these days. It used to be my least favourite one mainly cause it didnt feature a virus like how re4 doesnt feature one. However ı've also grown more appreciation for it as well.

For 2021, ı only watched infinite darkness. I was annoyed at that time that it was set in the past and my predictions pretty much come true. It's just a safe movie forced into the timeline. It's ok at best.

I havent watched the new non-canon movie set in raccoon, didnt play revillage and have no interest in re4 vr nor in reverse. For revillage, ı can only speak about its story and ı can safely that it doesnt impress me that much. I was annoyed at chris' actions however ı solved that issue of mine thanks to help of other people. It's still not that interesting imo though ı still think its story is way better than re2 2019's trainwreck story.

View attachment 1608

View attachment 1609

These are your images btw. I shared them here for you.
Wow, these pictures were really helpful. Thanks.
2012 for sure for me.
Loved Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil Revelations 1, as well as both Damnation and Retribution.

The rude people you get on the Internet.

😩

I did see a person defending RE6, though, which rarely happens. But a lot of the users there are douche bags.

the funny thing is everybody else played RE6 back in the day when came out, they are just repeating what "videogame activist journalists" tell them to do so.

I remember the first people boycotting RE6 was GameSpot giving them low review.

The rude people you get on the Internet.

😩

I did see a person defending RE6, though, which rarely happens. But a lot of the users there are douche bags.
LOL I just read some of the comments this one is pure gold:

-"5 and 6 fucking sucked, 7 was a return to glory and 8 from what I've heard is a fantastic continuation".

These people I swear ARE NORMIES and SHEEP. They can't even have an original opinion, from what I've heard is a fantastic continuation, that pretty sums up all the people that idolize 7. Those people came out of nowhere trashing previous old games claiming they were fans of RE1 and RE2 but not the rest?... so weird.

There's a reason why RE Remake, RE Zero and Revelations games sold less than Operation Raccoon City because all the so called survival horror fans are pure words and they never support those products.

Yeah, man. That's why I don't even care about most forums anymore. :(

Talking to them is like trying to get blood from a stone. I knew as soon as they started to whine about me whining, and then with them openly criticising the tank controls and the camera angles of past titles, I gathered that they were fans that only got into the games due to playing 4, 7 or the RE2 remake first, over anything else.

That's like saying I only like 2000s and CGI horror stuff, because the 70s and 80s movies had been using practical effects. It's just stupid, and reflects badly on their defensive mechanics. :D

Yeah, man. That's why I don't even care about most forums anymore. :(

Talking to them is like trying to get blood from a stone. I knew as soon as they started to whine about me whining, and then with them openly criticising the tank controls and the camera angles of past titles, I gathered that they were fans that only got into the games due to playing 4, 7 or the RE2 remake first, over anything else.

That's like saying I only like 2000s and CGI horror stuff, because the 70s and 80s movies had been using practical effects. It's just stupid, and reflects badly on their defensive mechanics. :D
that's a terrific good point, yeah people are just overly silly repeating the same thing influencers say.

I'm actually positively optimistic that Capcom can make the remake of RE4 scary, as the original was always cheesy, too full of action, and had no real connection to the other games. This could hopefully be improved upon. I can't for the life of me see Capcom messing up this opportunity.

I also think that RE6 needs to be more well received as it was full of improved gameplay elements, had zombies, and was more like the older RE titles than 4 and 5 were. I enjoyed all of the scenes where minor characters got chowed on by the undead.

4 and 5 are overrated...

Reactions: MGr
Top Bottom