• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Resident Evil Showcase

The Duke merchant, is one big fatty.

😂

Well, the overall event had me scratching my head. I mean, seriously. Just what has happened to the franchise? 🧟

I know the die hard fanboys will love it, so congratulations on getting a PS4 version too.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Why are they using re7 chris in re verse? What the hell?

Also ıdk why are they bothering with something like that. They didnt learn anything from reorc, umbrella corps and resistance it seems.

The best thing about it was knowing that the game will also be made on PS4. I can hold off on getting a PS5 for a while. :)

I'm kind of upset that they didn't reveal anything about Miranda. I'm really curious about who she is, but of course, she's the main villain so she has to be kept a secret. I'm also curious as to why they didn't give Alcina (or the "daughters") a Romanian accent (assuming that's what she is, based on her surname). Kinda lame.

Otherwise everything else looks incredible

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm not excited for re8 personally. I think it's gonna be lame and disconnected to canon re lore just like re7 and reimaginings were. It might have more variety than re7 did but still not excited for this.

They literally ripped off the bee enemies from RE6 with the witches, which were one of my least favorite enemy designs from that game. They were more irritating than fun or scary. At least the werewolf enemies seem more engaging, but it just makes me think of the first few areas of Bloodborne and not an RE game.

I thought the merchant from RE4 was a bit goofy but the RE8 merchant? LMFAO! How does someone like that survive in such dangerous conditions? At least in RE4 the merchant was armed and even infected so he blended in and looked capable of defending himself.

If this is Capcoms idea of realistic RE than holy shit, they have lost their minds.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
They literally ripped off the bee enemies from RE6 with the witches, which were one of my least favorite enemy designs from that game. They were more irritating than fun or scary. At least the werewolf enemies seem more engaging, but it just makes me think of the first few areas of Bloodborne and not an RE game.

I thought the merchant from RE4 was a bit goofy but the RE8 merchant? LMFAO! How does someone like that survive in such dangerous conditions? At least in RE4 the merchant was armed and even infected so he blended in and looked capable of defending himself.

If this is Capcoms idea of realistic RE than holy shit, they have lost their minds.
Yeah; ı noticed that too. Re7 already ripped off carla's mutant form for eveline's mutant form and it seems this game is doing the same. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt explain mold again; it barely had any backstory in re7 other than a hcf reference ( The files dont explain which materials have been used to create it. ) and it just did things just for the sake of it without any rule.

At least c-virus was explained in re6. The files explain that c-virus is a combo of g-virus and special t-veronica strain called t-02. Plus another file explains that the researchers added many types of organisms into c-virus strains; ( including enhanced. ) including animal genes.

Looks like Infinite Darkness will be more of a prequel movie set a few years after RE4. That means it will probably take place sometime in 2007 after the events of RE5 Lost in Nightmares happens. I hope they can make it interesting but sandwiching it during the events of RE5 feels like an odd choice rather than moving the story forward.

It finally happened, I am more excited for a CGI film than an upcoming mainline game lol.

I uploaded some rants to my channel on YouTube. Hopefully you guys don't get butthurt over what I'm saying. After all, I'm just expressing my own feelings, or whatever. :)

They literally ripped off the bee enemies from RE6 with the witches, which were one of my least favorite enemy designs from that game.

I didn't know that Romanian and Albanian folklore was also inspired by Resident Evil 6. The vampires that can turn into swarms of insects that we in Eastern Europe call "shtriga" were invented by Resident Evil 6? Great job, Resident Evil 6.

Yeah; ı noticed that too. Re7 already ripped off carla's mutant form for eveline's mutant form and it seems this game is doing the same.

Carla and Eveline have nothing in common except a connection to the Progenitor virus and tiny artistic parallels.

Eveline has a lot more in common with Marcus' leeches. Moreover, in Document File it is written that the source of inspiration could be a real fungus that can devour human cells.

But hey, since when is it common to criticize a game series for using its own ideas, even if the rules of the world obey the general biology? The fact that Dimitrescu's growth could have been affected by growth hormone, which is a characteristic feature of the Progenitor virus, is also plagiarism and a lack of ideas?

They literally ripped off the bee enemies from RE6 with the witches, which were one of my least favorite enemy designs from that game.

I didn't know that Romanian and Albanian folklore was also inspired by Resident Evil 6. The vampires that can turn into swarms of insects that we in Eastern Europe call "shtriga" were invented by Resident Evil 6? Great job, Resident Evil 6.

Realism has nothing to do with fantasy elements. Realism means the tone and the way the story is told. The remake of the first game and Resident Evil Zero were realistic as well, despite the absurd police uniforms and the city that is called Raccoon.

Yeah; ı noticed that too. Re7 already ripped off carla's mutant form for eveline's mutant form and it seems this game is doing the same.

Carla and Eveline have nothing in common except a connection to the Progenitor virus and tiny artistic parallels.

Eveline has a lot more in common with Marcus' leeches. Moreover, in Document File it is written that the source of inspiration could be a real fungus that can devour human cells.

But hey, since when is it common to criticize a game series for using its own ideas, even if the rules of the world obey the general biology? The fact that Dimitrescu's growth could have been affected by growth hormone, which is a characteristic feature of the Progenitor virus, is also plagiarism and a lack of ideas?

I can't believe I've lived to see the fans of Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6, who complain the most about their favorite games being treated unfairly, criticize the new games because of some nonsense.

It was very naive of me to come here and expect someone here to write theories or have interesting discussions. Now I don't even want to write about ergot or H. G. Wells, which are associated with the new game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I can't believe I've lived to see the fans of Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6, who complain the most about their favorite games being treated unfairly, criticize the new games because of some nonsense.

It was very naive of me to come here and expect someone here to write theories or have interesting discussions. Now I don't even want to write about ergot or H. G. Wells, which are associated with the new game.
Not really. Carla's and eveline's mutated form look very similar. Not to mention carla can instantly kill you too by devouring.

The problem with mold is they dont explain the backstory for it in re7. Like the files dont say which materials have been used to create it. Rerev and re6 explained their viruses well and yet re7 cant do the same.

Btw why did you delete your messages? I was having fun discussing re with you.

Not really. Carla's and eveline's mutated form look very similar. Not to mention carla can instantly kill you too by devouring.

This is literally the only thing that makes these pathogens look alike.

The problem with mold is they dont explain the backstory for it in re7. Like the files dont say which materials have been used to create it. Rerev and re6 explained their viruses well and yet re7 cant do the same.

1. Resident Evil 7 is not a complete story, but part of a single story.

2. Resident Evil 7 is interesting to me and other fans like Evil Resident because the game motivates players to understand how the pathogen works through their own observations and discussions. This game doesn't answer all the questions, but it does provide enough facts or clues to help you understand how it works. You won't find a file that says that Baker's insects are chimeras. No file will say that spiders have 6 legs, not 8. But you can see for yourself the species of these insects, discover moldy hives, and, after learning that mold recombines cells, conclude that eating mold and using mold as a habitat leads to hybridization of species.

Perhaps this is even the reason why there are werewolves in Romania.

Btw why did you delete your messages?

I snapped.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Well; lets hope re8 will explain the backstory for mold while making re7 connected to past re games ( Especially to re6. ) but it's also possible they might not do that. Considering that re2 2019 confuses t and g viruses, doesnt have scenarios that connect to each other along with re3 2020 removing epilogues; it's very possible that mold might not be explained in re8 for what it is. Plus ı already read some of the leaks before and my feelings became instantly mixed. I still want the game to come out and prove my thoughts wrong though.

Resident Evil 7 is interesting to me and other fans like Evil Resident because the game motivates players to understand how the pathogen works through their own observations and discussions. This game doesn't answer all the questions, but it does provide enough facts or clues to help you understand how it works. You won't find a file that says that Baker's insects are chimeras. No file will say that spiders have 6 legs, not 8. But you can see for yourself the species of these insects, discover moldy hives, and, after learning that mold recombines cells, conclude that eating mold and using mold as a habitat leads to hybridization of species.
So basically if c-virus' backstory wasnt explained in re6's files; you would be more happy, correct? Since you dont mind that mold's materials havent been explained in re7.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The ingredients of the C virus were always obvious to me. The game did not attempt to create a mystery and is not designed for you to try to solve it.
I dont get it; how was it not a mystery exactly? It was a mystery to me. The files of re6 explain so much info.

I dont get it; how was it not a mystery exactly? It was a mystery to me. The files of re6 explain so much info.
I would of never guessed bacteria extracted from underwater magma was used in the virus, so more files the better for me personally. Learning how each virus, parasite, or fungus works fascinates me even if it’s a work of fiction.

To solve the mystery, you need to read the additional text, and not study the environment and watch the enemies?

Sorry, but only a person who has not played the games in the series, will not be able to guess what virus may be associated with the appearance of parts of the mantis in the body of Deborah. Even Simmons' forms are associated with early concepts of the G virus. The game always makes it clear what it's talking about. You don't even need to explore anything, because the storytelling of this game is done through cutscenes and text.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
To solve the mystery, you need to read the additional text, and not study the environment and watch the enemies?

Sorry, but only a person who has not played the games in the series, will not be able to guess what virus may be associated with the appearance of parts of the mantis in the body of Deborah. Even Simmons' forms are associated with early concepts of the G virus.
But it's still a mystery, text or not. Plus previous re games hide some of their mystery to files too. I'll admit some things in re6 could have been explained in game instead of files not to mention for some reason the game has extra text in re net instead of that text being in game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom