• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Future Remakes

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Do you think capcom should remake recv, re4, re5 and re6 in the future?

In my opinion;

Re4, re5 and re6 definitely dont need one since they were already released and remastered to modern systems not to mention they look modern enough. Plus none of them are like dmc2 qualitywise imo. ( Despite being released on modern systems with hd collection, ı think capcom should remake dmc2 due to being a very poorly made game. Of course this automatically requires remaking dmc1 first since it was released before that game despite being pretty good though in some parts; it didnt age that well. )

I'm kind of not sure about recv. I used to think that they should definitely remake it but my opinion somewhat changed over the time. On one hand; it was already remastered to modern systems which is the reason why it doesnt need a remake. ( It's missing on pc for some reason but doesnt matter to me since ı played / replayed it using ps2 emulator. ) However on the other hand; it had a reimagining in darkside chronicles similar to re2 and you went through some new locations in that reimagining. It kinda gave a somewhat remake vibe in darkside chronicles similar to re2. So that's a reason why it could be remade.

Also do you think the future remakes will be reimaginings storywise similar to re2 remake or they will actually replace the story similar to how re1 remake did to re1?

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
I completely agree with you about RE4, RE5 and RE6 not needing remakes along with some DMC games needing remakes.

( DMC1, DMC2 and even DMC4 should get remade. DMC1 is pretty good but some sections feel weird and doesn't really fit the game. Everyone knows what is DMC2. DMC4 is kind of a mess; it's not bad / awful like DMC2. It's fun game with great combat mechanics but it's really rushed. The enemies feels designed for Nero instead of Dante in that game along with unnecessary padding sections. Plus backtracking... )

I couldn't disagree more with your opinion about RECV. It should definitely get remade after RE3. Being released for modern systems isn't a good excuse IMO; the game still doesn't look that modern enough plus the remaster for PS4 is terrible. Plus RE1, RE2 and RE3 were already released for PC and yet they were already remade with RE3 Remake getting released in the future.

I'm not sure about their stories replacing their original counterparts. I think we should wait RE3 Remake to get released. If its story is generally improvement similar to RE1 Remake's story then yes; I think RECV Remake's story could get a similar treatment. If its story is mostly disappointing similar to RE2 Remake's story then no; I don't expect RECV Remake's story to be improvement over RECV's story.

You forgot RE1 Remake and RE0. Might as well give my thoughts about those games needing a remake or not since I saw people asking for those games to be remade.

RE1 Remake absolutely does NOT need to be remade again. Remaking a remake doesn't make sense, ESPECIALLY when that remake is an awesome improvement over the original in every single way. I was slightly disappointed with Remake's scenario system which is the reason why I prefer RE2 over Remake ( Though the story is still great and a great improvement over RE1 in every single way. ) but that alone isn't enough excuse for the game to get remade again.

RE0 though yes remake that. I think the game kinda sucks as a prequel. Remove Marcus and add a better villain, remove Billy, remove that terrible hookshot, increase Rebecca's HP and defense, improve bosses, remove those infected monkeys with wierd AI, add item boxes, change the game's story somewhat so that it explores Bravo Team a lot more and remove that RE2 location which doesn't even make sense. As for Rebecca being alone or being partnered with someone; I personally prefer her to be alone but still encounter Bravo Team members along the way though if she needs to be partnered with someone; I think her partner should be Richard which would make the game connect better to Remake. Make sure to improve the partner AI in that case; I thought it was terrible.

Nah!

RE 4 up to 6 don't need remakes, nor do any of the spin offs. Code: Veronica is likely to happen next, as it ties to RE 2, so it would make sense for the remake series to be concluded definitively. After that, they could maybe remake the original RE in the style of the RE 2 remake if they wanted to, although I don't think it's necessary, giving that the remake on its own is still excellent.

I'm kind of hoping that there won't be any more remakes for a few years, because Capcom needs to show us that they can do great sequels again. 7: Biohazard was a good start, but it felt more like a horror game that wasn't really connected to the other games. With that said, every sequel was gradually becoming more and more disconnected anyway. At least the current blue Umbrella and Connections story gives them something to work with now, instead of just putting in so many random villains.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
CVX Really needs a Remake, beyond that all the other games are fine and they are not old enough to justify a Remake.

The only thing that would worry me is if people like seeing Wesker again so much Capcom will seriously consider bringing him back, if they are not considering that already...
I hope that doesn't happen.

Reboots seem to be the norm now. Hollywood cannot get enough of them.

I think some games are timeless in that they don't truly need to be remade. But so many people want the same thing, upgraded every so many years.

Yama

Owner
After CV perhaps they'll make a new game to end the arc instead of how UC did it, that'd be a fitting end to the remakes "alternate storyline" with something new and would give them more worth.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Nah!

RE 4 up to 6 don't need remakes, nor do any of the spin offs. Code: Veronica is likely to happen next, as it ties to RE 2, so it would make sense for the remake series to be concluded definitively.

This right here.

I would love to see CODE Veronica get a Remake and I'm optimistic. The amount of people already asking for it is huge but I do think people are getting ahead of themselves though. We should wait for the release of RE3 first but with this kind of repercussion I highly doubt Capcom will not notice it.
Besides, CODE Veronica wraps up what you saw in Remake 2 and leaving it out would simply make these reimaginings feel incomplete. It actually is the sequel to RE2's plot, whereas RE3 is just there in the middle with the focus on the city outbreak.
I constantly hear people saying the classic RE trilogy. There's no such thing as a classic RE trilogy since CODE Veronica is the one game that concludes the first arc, thus ending the classic plot arc. There is, however, a classic RE tetralogy. There's no RE1, 2 and 3 without CODE Veronica.

If Capcom follows this logic regarding Remakes ( if their minds are foccused in the classic story) it will surely happen. Add that to the fact that 90% of the fanbase already demanding it and there's no way it won't happen.
As an extra, like our buddy pointed above, CODE Veronica was already slightly reimagined in Darkside Chronicles alongside all the other classic stories, which by the way, all ended up having Remakes. CODE Veronica being in Darkside Chronicles is irrefutable proof that Capcom takes its story very seriously.
All of the retellings in Chronicles belong to classic games pre-RE4 and it again proves that there's no RE1, 2 and 3 without CODE Veronica.

Long story short. Yes, I'm very optimistic regarding this Remake. Big pages on Twitter did polls asking people what the next Remake should be and CODE Veronica crushed them all, literally.
Once RE3 comes out the demand for CV will be gigantic, mark my words.

I would love a Code Veronica Remake! As for RE1 I wouldn’t complain because I love the Spencer mansion. That being said after Code Veronica as far as remakes go I would much prefer Dino Crisis 1 and 2 as I really love the second one and would probably really enjoy a remake of the first one even though I don’t enjoy it as much. As other said I’m also keen to see RE8 or Revelations 3.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
I always thought that it was called the trilogy because RE1- RE3 were set in Raccoon City while CV is not. It continues the story of RE2 while also introducing us new story lines like Wesker being alive. I wouldn't say that RE3 is less important as the game has important plot points that carried over (RC's destruction and Jill's infection). In my humble opinion, both games, CV RE3, play an important part within the series but CV definitely need a remake! Its controls are dated and generally the game itself needs an update. A remaster won't solve the problems.

Yeah, CV is one of my favorites, too so fingers crossed for a CV remake ☺

I would like to see Resident evil survivor/Sheena Island REmake in RE7 style While Hypnos-T type is the "Nemesis/Mr x" of that game.

and Expand Sheena island lore and events like adding Hunk or Nicholai working with Commender and Leon comes to Sheena island to save Ark which explains why Leon was absent in CV.

Just change its title name to Resident evil Sheena island.

Last edited:

Captain Redfield

I always thought that it was called the trilogy because RE1- RE3 were set in Raccoon City while CV is not. It continues the story of RE2 while also introducing us new story lines like Wesker being alive. I wouldn't say that RE3 is less important as the game has important plot points that carried over (RC's destruction and Jill's infection). In my humble opinion, both games, CV RE3, play an important part within the series but CV definitely need a remake! Its controls are dated and generally the game itself needs an update. A remaster won't solve the problems.

Yeah, CV is one of my favorites, too so fingers crossed for a CV remake ☺

It still is a tetralogy because the character's stories from RE1 and RE2 were only concluded in RE CODE: Veronica, not 3. Take The Dark Knight Trilogy as an example, that's a true trilogy, everything was concluded regarding Bruce Wayne, no loose ends.
Nobody said RE3 is less important, I just said it is there in the middle between RE2 and CODE: Veronica. It concludes the fate of Raccoon City but the major character plot points from RE2 remained unanswered, some of which ended up having ties way back to RE1.

Even games like Outbreak are out of the tetralogy, they take place in Raccoon City but with totally different characters. Therefore, there is no such thing as a classic trilogy just because said games took place there, characters and connected plot arcs carry the story forward as well.

The point of all this is, if they do leave CV out, this whole reimagination thing will feel incomplete since Claire's plot from Remake 2 will remain unanswered (sure we already know what happened because CV exists but not with Remake 2 in mind). The game is a direct sequel to RE2 in various ways, the Chronicles reimaginations are here to prove it, there's no classic plot arc without CV... It ended it all before moving on to RE4, the latter that screwed up a very elaborate plot but eventually Umbrella Chronicles did what it could to wrap up the Umbrella story.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
As far as REmakes go, CV would make the most sense, doesn't it? But I'd like them to work on RE8 and Rev3 first.

Now, I'm not a huge CV fan myself like others but that wasn't always the case. When I first got my hands on CV, I loved it. Along the game I had some CD that had cheats for the game like infinite rocket launcher, many first aid sprays, all guns unlocked etc. and blasted my way through the game like a boss :cool: CV also introduced me to Claire (skipped RE2 back then:cry:) and it also brought Chris back after a long hiatus (Totally loved his theme). But... As I grew older my tastes have changed and after re-watching CV videos, I realized that it was CV that introduced the ridiculous, anime-esque, over-the-top storytelling that Capcom continued to utilize till RE6 and I'm not the only one who thinks that way (RE5 was somewhat better in that regard but not completely without any flaws) so it became more of a "meh" game to. Maybe with a remake, Capcom can make me love the game again as I did back then, since they seem to keen on a more 'grounded' storytelling these days.

Though I do wonder how they'll handle Claire's "Cross dressing freak" comment... If you consider our modern PC and gender-policy oriented society, I can already see people loosing their shit and calling her a transphobic/homophobic/whateverphobic bitch.

And of course, other than RE, I'd love to see this series getting a revival
Let's talk about the elephant in this room here: It isn't about which game is important to the overall series because they all are important. It's more of a "My favorite character X isn't in RE XYZ, so I'd rather have XYZ game getting a remake" situation.

Captain Redfield

CODE: Veronica is as fiction as any of its predecessors, not to mention that I've seen a lot of people who preferred its retelling in Chronicles over 1,2 and 3's which indicates the potential it has for a remake. The monster designs are fantastic and I've seen far more fetched monsters in the series.
Bandersnatchers, Hunters, Zombies, Cerberus, T-Veronica infected ants, Mutant Steve, Gulp Worm, Albinoid, Parasites, Nosferatu, Tyrant T-078 and Alexia. What's the problem here? None.
Alfred Ashford can actually be quite scary since the dude is just plain insane, a lot of people associate him with the Psicosis movie from the 60's and how messed up he actually is. Forget classic cheesy voice acting, all games had it, not just CV... Imagine how Alfred will be with top notch voice acting and good cinematography from a certain standpoint (mostly how they present his character and his scenes).
Alexia turns into a humanoid monster that seems to be part insect and part plant, if they created plant zombies in Remake 2 I really don't see what's the problem in creating Alexia at the moment.
I don't see anything anime-esque in CV, it has the exact same theme as the games prior to it, not to mention that the characters actually felt human for once so there's a big plus to CV already. It all comes down to presentation and criativity, it is only up to Capcom to combine these two together.

If they lean more into Alfred's psychosis his cross dressing would make perfect sense and wouldn't be offensive. He missed his sister and very much wanted to be like her to the point of envy. What they can forego is the suggestion of incest, but that also adds a different kind of creep to the game's atmospherics.

Not all the scares have to be from monsters. Entering their manor instantly felt off and unnatural. It could also be a great flex for some VA to voice both male and female versions especially if done convincingly.

And the story of Alexander is truly sad. Delve into the family more and it doesn't have to end up feeling over the top.

Captain Redfield

If they lean more into Alfred's psychosis his cross dressing would make perfect sense and wouldn't be offensive. He missed his sister and very much wanted to be like her to the point of envy. What they can forego is the suggestion of incest, but that also adds a different kind of creep to the game's atmospherics.

Not all the scares have to be from monsters. Entering their manor instantly felt off and unnatural. It could also be a great flex for some VA to voice both male and female versions especially if done convincingly.

And the story of Alexander is truly sad. Delve into the family more and it doesn't have to end up feeling over the top.

Apparently I'm not the only one who understands CV here. Thanks!

Couldn't agree more. It has a different setting, not just the urban stuff we were used to see, there's something unique about Rockfort.
It surely has the creepiest creatures and stories to me, probably only losing to Lisa's plot in Remake.

The Darkside Chronicles did a pretty good job in maturing CV to a more modern audience, even though it cut content like the other retellings but that's understandable. The tools are there, CV Remake has all the ingredients to create a successful product.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
It still is a tetralogy because the character's stories from RE1 and RE2 were only concluded in RE CODE: Veronica, not 3. Take The Dark Knight Trilogy as an example, that's a true trilogy, everything was concluded regarding Bruce Wayne, no loose ends.
Nobody said RE3 is less important, I just said it is there in the middle between RE2 and CODE: Veronica. It concludes the fate of Raccoon City but the major character plot points from RE2 remained unanswered, some of which ended up having ties way back to RE1.

Even games like Outbreak are out of the tetralogy, they take place in Raccoon City but with totally different characters. Therefore, there is no such thing as a classic trilogy just because said games took place there, characters and connected plot arcs carry the story forward as well.

The point of all this is, if they do leave CV out, this whole reimagination thing will feel incomplete since Claire's plot from Remake 2 will remain unanswered (sure we already know what happened because CV exists but not with Remake 2 in mind). The game is a direct sequel to RE2 in various ways, the Chronicles reimaginations are here to prove it, there's no classic plot arc without CV... It ended it all before moving on to RE4, the latter that screwed up a very elaborate plot but eventually Umbrella Chronicles did what it could to wrap up the Umbrella story.
They cannot leave out CV but 1-3 concluded the fate of RC and I think that was the major point. CV is something in between: It picks up where RE2 left us with unanswered questions regarding Claire finding Chris but at the same time it gives us something new. It's basically like a Revelations game. That's my point. On the other hand, Claire quickly forgot about Chris in REmake, that was pretty weird.
As far as REmakes go, CV would make the most sense, doesn't it? But I'd like them to work on RE8 and Rev3 first.

Now, I'm not a huge CV fan myself like others but that wasn't always the case. When I first got my hands on CV, I loved it. Along the game I had some CD that had cheats for the game like infinite rocket launcher, many first aid sprays, all guns unlocked etc. and blasted my way through the game like a boss :cool: CV also introduced me to Claire (skipped RE2 back then:cry:) and it also brought Chris back after a long hiatus (Totally loved his theme). But... As I grew older my tastes have changed and after re-watching CV videos, I realized that it was CV that introduced the ridiculous, anime-esque, over-the-top storytelling that Capcom continued to utilize till RE6 and I'm not the only one who thinks that way (RE5 was somewhat better in that regard but not completely without any flaws) so it became more of a "meh" game to. Maybe with a remake, Capcom can make me love the game again as I did back then, since they seem to keen on a more 'grounded' storytelling these days.

Though I do wonder how they'll handle Claire's "Cross dressing freak" comment... If you consider our modern PC and gender-policy oriented society, I can already see people loosing their shit and calling her a transphobic/homophobic/whateverphobic bitch.

And of course, other than RE, I'd love to see this series getting a revival
View attachment 947

Let's talk about the elephant in this room here: It isn't about which game is important to the overall series because they all are important. It's more of a "My favorite character X isn't in RE XYZ, so I'd rather have XYZ game getting a remake" situation.
Damn, wished I had your cheat CD. CV is awesome but difficult as hell! Interesting to see you see enthusiastic over Chris return to RE lol I've seen some people saying that CV introduced ridiculous storytelling to the series. Would you like to elaborate more on it? Because to me it definitely fits within RE's tone and setting.

Are you saying that this is because fans and their favorites characters? I have also my favorites but I'm looking forward to any RE game that comes out. I just love the series :D

Captain Redfield

They cannot leave out CV but 1-3 concluded the fate of RC and I think that was the major point. CV is something in between: It picks up where RE2 left us with unanswered questions regarding Claire finding Chris but at the same time it gives us something new. It's basically like a Revelations game. That's my point. On the other hand, Claire quickly forgot about Chris in REmake, that was pretty weird.

Not really, RE3 is the one in between. It is far from being a sort of Revelations game, those only go back and try to tie up loose plot threads, CODE: Veronica did none of it and carried the story forward. Even characters aside, it elaborated more on Umbrella's origins, the main corporation from its predecessors. It truly is a direct sequel that unfortunately suffered consequences by not having a number stamped on the title.
The Umbrella plot and characters were all carried forward by CODE: Veronica, therefore making it a sequel and part of a tetralogy that wrapped up the classic plot arc.

Code: Veronica is underrated. I think it would be hard to topple that masterpiece.

Nosferatu is just as memorable as Nemesis.

CODE: Veronica is a masterpiece, simple as that.

After CVX, it's time to take the series ahead. We don't really need any further games about 1998 or Raccoon City. Now we have to go with the current storyline. Or maybe they can revisit the other one about Natalia being Alex Wesker now.

I edited this, due to a typo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom