• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Resistance [PR] Trailer Revealed

Looks like 4 players will cooperate to survive while another will throw bows and traps at them and ultimately deploy a Mr. X. E-sports game? Anyway, let's wait for actual gameplay and further info

I’m still not sure if this is gonna be a wave shooter like left 4 dead or an outbreak clone. Still I’m excited. This reveal makes me think this is gonna be something really big.

Definitely worth a try.

This trailer seems to suggest this game is a calculated risk by Capcom. A popular type of gameplay: typical survival mode. I hope it's just one of many though. 4 player co-op can be so much more than that.

Only thing off in what this trailer is showing is that it's clearly civilians in what looks like a training facility. Soldiers being trained on how to take on BOWs would have made more sense here. Civies to me suggests some kind of plot one can hope.

Honesty im Disappointed it not an outbreak game. but im fine it is its own thing I like they made 5th player can release zombies and other BOW to kill other 4 players it unique game mechanic when it comes to the asymmetric horror games genre. the thing that would win me over is I hope they would add other playable Tyrants like Nemesis, Hypnos, T-002, etc and create new playable Tyrants we haven't seen before.

Yeah this is essentially what I expected and that teaser trailer didn't tell me much of anything new that I didn't already know. I guess the one interesting thing is there might be a DM side of micro managing for the fifth player where you choose what enemies to throw at the players and maybe even which doors are locked and what not. But it's definitely a 4v1 assymetrical co-op game and not an outbreak game like so many people seemed to expect.

I'm curious. Just really hoping it's not online only. We're getting gameplay Wednesday supposedly. Hope they have more than just Mr. X playable.

Also one small nitpick that is insignificant but really bugs me. The red glowing eyes and remote control tyrant is infuriating, stop making tyrants terminators ffs. ?

Last edited:

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I'm all in for multiplayer but that should've just be some optional or side mode. For example, I played the hell out of RE6's Survivors mode but the game itself has a campaign and doesn't force you to play online.
This game right here just seems like something with just a vague story to play solely with online co-op.

If it is I will skip it completely like I did to UCorps, I'm not that into online games but hey, this might please people who enjoy this type of experience.

I'm not sure what to say about what I just watched.

Graphically, the game looks cool. I hope there is some sort of story, and it's not just a disposable, action based entry. The trailer didn't really show off any gameplay at all, but that's nothing new. :rolleyes:

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I'm not sure what to say about what I just watched.

Graphically, the game looks cool. I hope there is some sort of story, and it's not just a disposable, action based entry. The trailer didn't really show off any gameplay at all, but that's nothing new. :rolleyes:

I firmly believe that's a CG trailer and not the actual visuals from the game so I can't really say it looks cool graphically.

Since it's a spin off game that probably 'doesn't count' in the mainline story anyway, I'll give it some slack. But I am more of a story driven fan. I love it when Capcom can bring in new characters, but have to where it has meaning. Even the characters in Outbreak are official characters, because Alyssa wrote a report that you find in 7: Biohazard, so that proves Capcom had much faith in those games to even slightly mention one of them.

I would hate for this to be a game that just randomly puts four people in a place to fight monsters for the sake of it, and it's just a good co-op game for fun, that doesn't add anything new to the universe. Also, I did say that Capcom is so good at copying other trends, and I don't blame people for being disappointed. Hopefully a gameplay trailer and some story based clips will drive my point home. I just hope it isn't a pile of meh.

Since it's a spin off game that probably 'doesn't count' in the mainline story anyway, I'll give it some slack. But I am more of a story driven fan. I love it when Capcom can bring in new characters, but have to where it has meaning. Even the characters in Outbreak are official characters, because Alyssa wrote a report that you find in 7: Biohazard, so that proves Capcom had much faith in those games to even slightly mention one of them.

I would hate for this to be a game that just randomly puts four people in a place to fight monsters for the sake of it, and it's just a good co-op game for fun, that doesn't add anything new to the universe. Also, I did say that Capcom is so good at copying other trends, and I don't blame people for being disappointed. Hopefully a gameplay trailer and some story based clips will drive my point home. I just hope it isn't a pile of meh.

if it has a story it's 100% is going be a side story with little impact on the main plot outside of world-building like Sheena island or Spencer cruise ship etc.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
Raccoon City Simulation for Blue Umbrella. Operation: Raccoon City 2: Return of the U.S.S.

Attachments

• RedfieldResistance.png
    RedfieldResistance.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
Top Bottom