• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Which RE game has got you into the series?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
My 1st resident evil was re6. I learned the game's existance while playing l4d2 in 2013. Fun times...

I played all re games with the exception of mercenaries 3d in this order:

Re6
Rerev2
Re5
Re4
Rerev
Remake
Re0
Re3
Re2
Recv
Re1
Re7
Outbreak
Outbreak file 2
Dead aim
Survivor
Survivor 2
Umbrella chronicles
Darkside chronicles
Gaiden
Reorc
Umbrella corps
Re2 2019

Last edited:

Yama

Owner
96. I saw the somewhat odd cover in a rental game store prior to it's release, it said coming soon. I also saw the ads in magazines like Ultra Game Players and such, I remember cutting some of them out and hanging them up as a kid. I told my Dad about it upon release and he picked it up for me the day it came out, so in that regard it's kind of cool to say I'm a day one.

Funnily enough, being so young, my Mom saw the game and deemed it pretty inappropriate for me. She wasn't overly sensitive or anything, but it was different times then for sure. Long story short I had to return it for something else. I was eating dinner with my grandparents while my Mom was at work one night and after dinner my grandpa turned to me and said "let's evil it." He was into watching me play the game. I told him about my Mom and he said it was ridiculous and we ended up re-buying the game again that night. She wasn't too thrilled about it, but it definitely made for a funny story down the road. ?

The PC port of the original Resident Evil i was 11yo

RE2 was already out by the time i got it, my cousin gave it to me as a gift along with Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, which I couldn't get to work on my pc.

My first was Code Veronica so it will always have a special place in my heart (particularly Claire) even though the game is flawed.

It was likely around 1999. I was at least 14 at the time. My sister had Resident Evil 2 and I played it loads. I got addicted to it right away. Then I'd play the others over and over again, all week long.

In my view, the remake we got this year was good, but nowhere what it could have been.

It's strange, in a bad way, but the franchise feels nothing like RE anymore. I'll still keep playing them. But my heart is being tugged at, I know. I'm still hopeful we'll get a sequel truly worth talking about, to where we'll be fond of it for years to come. Most of the games now are not that memorable for some reason. I'm also an advocate for remakes, as I think this shows that Capcom just banks off of their past success way too often.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
It was RE4.

I only played the mainline entries and my order of playing them was:

RE4
RE5
RE7
Remake
RE2
RE3
RE6
RE0
RECV
RE1
Revelations
Revelations 2
RE2 Remake

I got started Christmas 1997 with Director's Cut and my new PS1. A few weeks later, Resident Evil 2. I decided then I would follow this series.

It's been difficult for me to follow the series the last 7 or so years, because I get motion sickness and since Resident Evil 6, the games give me a sick feeling from all the realistic movement. Plus, I hate the modern controls and manual camera.

RE3 Nemesis on the PS1.. Shortly after I got RE1 and then 2.. rest is history but I've played every single game, and I own every single game still to this day, even the obscure titles like Gaiden and Gun Survivor series. Anyway I even love the bad ones, Umbrella Corps was in my opinion a lot of fun.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I learned the ps1 trilogy plus recv's existance through thegamershankster channel.

He was fully playing the re games; not necessarily %100 but fully play. I think ı saw his lets play when he was playing re2.

I played them in emulators though ı switched from ps1 emulator to dolphin for some of them available on gamecube.

Before ı learned those games; ı think ı only knew action horror trilogy, rerev games, remake and re0.

If I was meeting someone for the first time,and they asked about what game would be great to begin with in the RE franchise, I'd say to start off the 2002 remake or RE2 as that's the game that brought myself to the dance hall. ?

Top Bottom