• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Where is the hype for Resident Evil Village?

Nobody is really sounding all that excited for it. Apart from that, it failed to get the 'Most Anticipated Game' award, or whatever.

I'm personally being put off by the fact that, A, Ethan is boring. And B, the leaks suggest that Alex Wesker isn't in the game.

Why would she be in the game anyway? She was in a spin-off game, so Capcom will largely overlook that...

RE7 at least felt new and took bold risks with the series. RE8 just feels more the same with Ethan and Chris running around yet again, going after a syndicate no one cares about.

I like the setting so far and the werewolf’s look to be more frightening than Ganado but this game feels more cookie cutter than actually adding anything meaningful to the lore. (Hope I am proven wrong).

After hearing Capcom was inspired by Last of Us 2 that makes me less enthralled. If the game won’t run on PS4 I will definitely hold off on trying it out. (Don’t have a PS5 or a high end PC).

I'm excited about it. I just don't express it. If it comes to the PS4, then I'll buy it with the PlayStation gift cards I'm expecting for Christmas. If not, then I'll just watch it on YouTube, because I don't want a PS5.

I've seen leaks, including cutscenes. The game looks gorgeous! But I have no illusions and I know that people will complain. This obsession with the abstract essence of the series is really annoying.

How is it?

The series has been used as a cash cow, or it is otherwise convuluted as all hell. This has went on for years.

Are you just trying to be a fanboy contrarian?

Are you just trying to be a fanboy contrarian?

No, I just saw the material and realized that I would enjoy the game because I liked what I saw. I also realized that fans would be a problem for me again, because instead of letting go of the franchise years ago and moving on, they would tell me about fanboys and cash cows.

Nothing in my life prevented me from enjoying the games in the series as much as the negative experience in the community did. Nothing. And I won't feed that hatred anymore. I want to leave the community and not interact with it anymore.

I have already deleted my accounts on Reddit, Twitter, Discord, and so on. This is the last place I write this. I'm really sick of everything.

Last edited:
I have already deleted my accounts on Reddit, Twitter, Discord, and so on. This is the last place I write this. I'm really sick of everything.

Good for you. I think social media is a cancer and so are the people who run them. Marc Zuckerburg and Jack Dorsey, I'm talking about you.

But "Goldsickle" will NOT agree at all.
I still have yet to play the game, so maybe you could not act like you can predict my thoughts?

I thoroughly enjoyed first person adventures like Dishonored, Deus Ex: Human Revolution/Mankind Divided and Prey 2017.
So Resident Evil Village looks interesting because I could potentially get more of that same enjoyment I have with other first person games.

But my final judgement for the game can only be determined after I play it.

I'm not saying you cannot enjoy the games that Capcom produces, nor am I proclaiming to be correct when I openly bash the state of the current games. These are my opinions.

As you know, fans like myself don't like seeing these pointless side story games, and half-baked remakes. So I feel that RE4 could continue that trend. Not to mention the amount of times they go back to the year 1998. It suggests that they haven't got a clue how to move anything ahead in time, other than these first person games that can reunite characters from a previous game. That wouldn't be so bad if Ethan Winters had a personality worth a damn. But I have a hard time seeing him as a serious character when you're supposed to be looking through his eyes. He's nobody along the lines of other beloved survival horror related male protagonists such as Joel Miller, Chris Redfield or Harry Mason. Is he?

RE4 seems to be getting a remake to milk the legacy of the series even further. It's probably gonna be very lacking in content, if the RE2 and 3 remakes are any indication to go by. So far, I have no reason to think otherwise.

Yes. Delete your social media profiles. These websites are basically like rat poison.

I'm not saying you cannot enjoy the games that Capcom produces, nor am I proclaiming to be correct when I openly bash the state of the current games. These are my opinions.

I don't try to be toxic or blame anyone for anything. I'm just emotional and trying to do something about it. I'm sorry if I said something wrong.

The last few years have been hard for me. I think the situation hasn't changed over time.

Many people who start playing games in the Resident Evil series end up disagreeing with the approaches that are changing and will continue to change. It doesn't matter if a person started playing since 1996, or started playing with Resident Evil 6.

It is the lack of any fixed essence and the ability to experiment that is one of the reasons why I love this series. But it's hard for me to think that way and interact with the fans, because when I talk to the fans, all I see is disagreement, criticism, and negativity. This doesn't mean that someone doesn't have a reason to think the way they think. That doesn't mean people have to agree with me. I think from my perspective: the last thing I want to do is, after I've had fun, visit sites where people complain and are dissatisfied. Yes, because it hurts like hell.

So I'll be here and somewhere else for a while, and then you'll probably forget about me.

Last edited:
Oh, man. I knew this game was gonna be weird and not go anywhere. LMAO.

To me, this franchise died with Wesker. In fact, it could be argued that it really "died" with RE4 and that ridiculous shoot and loot gameplay.

Anyway, I declare a toast to our main man Chris Redfield for suffering for this long!

?

Top Bottom