• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RECV What would you want from a CV remake?

It would be nice to add more locations to the island and cut out a lot of the obnoxious pacing from the original. As much as I love how hammy the dialogue is, they will most likely change it. Alfreds laugh was so bad yet good at the same time. Steve should be reimagined like Carlos.

I hope they double down on the creepiness factor. They could also add Wesker as a stalker enemy like Mr. X where you see his glowing red eyes in the dark right before he dashes at you; kind of like how he was in Wesker Mode in RE0.

Any other ideas? Regardless how we feel about RE:2 and RE:3, I would like them to continue to see how they can flesh out future games more.. as long as they take their time.

A faithful remake. That aside, I think maybe adding some more differences to Chris' run of the island would help reduce some of ththe monotony of retreading places you've already gone through. And maybe a warning or failsafe for the fire extinguisher.

Yama

Owner
I really think CODE: Veronica would be one of the top games to benefit from REengine. I was just talking about this with my bud and user here @Jacko. The game at the time of release was groundbreaking, what it did with rendered backgrounds was nothing short of amazing. Over time however this aged the game worse than others imo. Detailed art such as pre-rendered will always be a flat piece of detailed art, pixel density when it comes to rendered visuals however loses its touch. The pre-rendered backgrounds at the time had so much detail comparatively, now that we can achieve such things through rendered visuals it's quite the improvement but re-envisions something with a similar feel. CV however even at the time lacked the detail of those pre-rendered backgrounds and thus some of the intended feel was never quite there. Don't get me wrong, for the time it was stellar. But I think we'd have a much more horrific atmosphere to explore nowadays when there are no details to spare.

Last edited:
The zapping system was also poorly implemented and not friendly to newcomers either. You can miss out on entire weapons like the magnum and if not enough ammo is saved between characters towards the end of the game, you can get soft locked. It’s hard for all the wrong reasons which can be rectified in a 3rd person perspective.

CV is an atmospheric game and sadly, constantly overlooked. But I fear that if Capcom remade it, they would probably cut out so much from the original, since they already did this with 2 and 3. Also, I think it's very hard to recapture the magic of that game. The piano music is just right in the game, and there was so many memorable moments, and I think if done correctly, it could showcase the splendor of the RE Engine. But Capcom would have to really put their backs into it.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Nothing tbh. I like darkside chronicles' recv retelling the way it is just fine. I prefer it over og game overall. I dont need another re engine recreation, especially since ı dont like previous ones recreated with it that much.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Something came into my mind so ı want to ask it here.

Now ı said that ı dont want re engine cv but ı'm still wondering. If the game gets recreated; do you think it could or would have nemesis? I'm asking this cause of survivor 2. That had nemesis and the backstory in the game's files seem to be canon. Meaning that nemesis was always stored on rockfort but wasnt utilized at all for some reason.

Would you like it if the monster would replace t-078 as the boss battle in rockfort while t-078 would appear as a boss fight in antarctic base instead?

I also dont understand why darkside chronicles' recv retelling doesnt utilize nemesis either.

Still ı dont have any interest for re engine cv but this aspect in regards to nemesis increased my curiosity.

I always thought it was odd that there was only one Nemesis Tyrant deployed, I guess it was extremely hard to produce. With that said it would be cool to explore that side of the parasite BOW’s more so seeing another one in a CV remake would be interesting. CV had a ton of backtracking so adding a pursuer (even if it has been done to death by now) would still be cool and add more depth to the survivalist aspects.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I always thought it was odd that there was only one Nemesis Tyrant deployed, I guess it was extremely hard to produce. With that said it would be cool to explore that side of the parasite BOW’s more so seeing another one in a CV remake would be interesting. CV had a ton of backtracking so adding a pursuer (even if it has been done to death by now) would still be cool and add more depth to the survivalist aspects.
If that would happen; ı hope it wont be pathetic like nemesis is in re engine 3.

I really think CODE: Veronica would be one of the top games to benefit from REengine. I was just talking about this with my bud and user here @Jacko. The game at the time of release was groundbreaking, what it did with rendered backgrounds was nothing short of amazing. Over time however this aged the game worse than others imo. Detailed art such as pre-rendered will always be a flat piece of detailed art, pixel density when it comes to rendered visuals however loses its touch. The pre-rendered backgrounds at the time had so much detail comparatively, now that we can achieve such things through rendered visuals it's quite the improvement but re-envisions something with a similar feel. CV however even at the time lacked the detail of those pre-rendered backgrounds and thus some of the intended feel was never quite there. Don't get me wrong, for the time it was stellar. But I think we'd have a much more horrific atmosphere to explore nowadays when there are no details to spare.
This this this. It’s such a great game and has some amazing locations but they’re the most dated in the series really. PS1 games were literally art which lasts forever, CV was pixels and now they lack density.

I fear they would cut the game's Gulp Worm, the Sweepers and favor boss battles like Nosferatu. I cannot see them leaving out Alexander Ashford, as he is pivotal to the background of the Ashford family. But knowing Capcom, I don't really see every location and creature coming back. But if you take out the Sweepers, I won't be happy. Although they might.

If you remember, RE3 didn't have blue herbs. So it is hard to say.

As for things I want kept in: Wesker. Alexia. The hissy fit from Steve. Etc. All of that is going to make a remake of CV more jazzy.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I personally like gulp worm in recv. The way it's utilized in the story is more interesting to me than grave digger in re3 imo. Especially since you can defeat it as chris and depending to past choices, it will spit rodrigo who will give chris his lighter that claire had it with her.

I also enjoy fighting it in darkside chronicles during a coop portion with claire and steve but that's another one of those few aspects where ı prefer og game over suga's version.

But anyway; it would bother me if it would be cut but at the same time, ı'm not that interested for a possibility of re engine cv anyway so ı cant be disappointed much when ı dont have any expections, just curiosity instead.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I like the intro of recv a lot. Claire performing these stunts is so cool and stylish. It's a shame that she loses her browning hp but the next handgun she finds can be upgraded at least. I also dont like seeing a desert eagle that cant be used during gameplay.

But anyway; darkside chronicles retelling not having the intro kinda bothers me a bit but at the same time, claire keeps her handgun from raccoon so the plus equals the con imo. Regardless the intro being cut would also bother me for some time before simply moving on and not caring much about re engine cv if it will ever be released by capcom.

I always say that CV is one of the most genuinely creepy sequels with the shadow effects, the zombies moaning out of sight, and some of the music. Plus, the torture tools you can see lets you know some messed up shit went down on the island. But I feel like it's not a game remotely appreciated by the people who started with the likes of later entries, such as RE4 or 7.

A lot of the criticism is that it's too boring, when that's needed for the build up. But it's probably the last true RE game to have the original formula in the franchise, apart from the Outbreak games, so I appreciate it more because of that.

Top Bottom