• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Village New Screens

Yama

Owner
Thoughts? Looks very atmospheric, getting serious 3.5 and obviously 4 vibes from it. Very excited.

Resident Evil Village continues the story of Ethan Winters, first set in motion in Resident Evil™ 7 biohazard. The latest entry combines pulse-pounding action with signature survival horror gameplay synonymous with the Resident Evil series. In today’s first extensive look at gameplay, the development team revealed several new details including some features which harken back to fan-favorite elements from previous Resident Evil games. Protagonist Ethan will now be able to purchase and sell items, buy recipes for crafting, and customize weapons with a merchant dubbed “The Duke.” Using materials found throughout the game, he will be able to craft invaluable consumables needed to survive the terrors of the village. Utilizing these provisions will also involve more strategic planning, with a revised inventory system based on space management that may be familiar to series fans.

The diverse cast of enemies appearing in today’s digital program are just a few revealed from Resident Evil Village so far. Ethan will face off against many threats such as fast-moving creatures that relentlessly stalk him and Lady Dimitrescu’s mysterious daughters who can transform into swarms of insects. The game’s disparate lineup of adversaries will have their own distinctive ways of attacking, so players will need to adapt their strategies with quick decisions on when to attack, guard or flee in order to survive. Ethan has a new kick move in his arsenal to create distance from enemies and buy precious time to decide his next move.

Attachments

• RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Chris.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Chris.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 5
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Ethan.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Ethan.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 5
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Lady_Dimitrescu.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Maiden.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Maiden.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 4
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Mia_01.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 1
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Mia_02.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Mia_02.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Rose.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Art_Rose.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 3

Yama

Owner
Screens:

Attachments

• RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_01.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_01.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 3
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_02.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_02.jpg
    834.4 KB · Views: 3
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_03.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_03.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 3
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_04.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_04.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_05.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Castle_05.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Crafting.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Crafting.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 3
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Creature_01.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Creature_01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Creature_02.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Creature_02.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 4
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Ethan_Guard.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Ethan_Guard.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 3
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Ethan_Kick.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Ethan_Kick.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Inventory.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Inventory.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Lady_Dimitrescu.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Lady_Dimitrescu.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_01.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_01.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Lock.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Lock.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_02.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_02.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_03.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_03.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_04.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_The_Duke_04.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 2
  • RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Totem.jpg
    RE_Village_Jan21_Screens_Totem.jpg
    895.5 KB · Views: 2

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The only praise that ı can give to re8 is it will have more variety than re7 did. Re7's variety was seriously low in terms of like everything.

It seems it will have more monster and weapon variety than re7 did.

The game looks good. Is it groundbreaking in any new way? Not at all.

But why moan, eh? At least people like me who are always Jack Flint (or skint) can get the PS4 version this May. Provided they don't delay the game for some reason, I hope it's smooth sailing for the next 4 months.

🧐

Ethan seemingly hasn't gotten tougher, despite the fact that Chris supposedly trained him over the past whenever. Already, that's dull...

I have to agree the environments look great but I am not feeling very enthused about everything else. I will definitely wait for a sale before getting this, I learned my lesson after buying REmake 3 at full price.

And once again, Capcom is refusing to show off Ethan's handsome face. :p

We get it, Capcom. You want us to think we're him. But we're NOT Ethan, and we could NEVER be Ethan...

So, why you don't show us what he looks like, I have no idea. I guess your company doesn't know what good ideas even are. RE: Verse!? :(

At least it's coming to the PS4. Now I can hold off getting a PS5. After seeing the above images, I'm starting to get excited. I just hope it's not like Resident Evil 7 where it made me motion sick. I suck at that game.

Yama

Owner
At least it's coming to the PS4. Now I can hold off getting a PS5. After seeing the above images, I'm starting to get excited. I just hope it's not like Resident Evil 7 where it made me motion sick. I suck at that game.
I've got to say playing that game at stock FOV really is nauseating. Since moving to PC I replayed it again recently at 115 FOV (stock is 80) and it's a world of difference. The game is way too zoomed in even at the highest setting of 90, which doesn't feel like 90.

Now the door is closed. 🚪

FxH3b8IVaf4.jpg

Even if Capcom decides not to retire Chris, that doesn't mean they won't bring him back for games that becoming increasingly more ridiculous in tone. The actual story matters to me just as much as the gameplay style, and right now, neither is especially that good.

At this rate, you know Capcom is just using a main character like Chris to get these games sold. Who honestly cares about Ethan? If you remove Chris, and leave in Ethan, how is it really a follow up to anything? 🙄

Top Bottom