• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Chronicles Umbrella's End and Operation Javier REmake DLC scenarios in the future?

Tyrant

BSAA North America
Anyone else hoping we get modern remake versions of these scenarios at some point? I feel like they are both fairly important scenarios for the lore, and it's kind of a bummer that they are limited to dated spin-off on-rails shoot-em-ups. RE3 would be perfect for Umbrella's End DLC, but then they would have to design new character models (Chris), and level design. So it's really wishful thinking. But I still think it warrants thought or discussion.

Many casual fans dismiss these games entirely, which is frustrating when you try to explain how important they are. Skipping from CVX to RE4 feels very jarring and idk how anyone can dismiss them from a story standpoint. At least watch their cutscenes and gameplay when deciding to do a story marathon.

I would love to see these scenarios get updated for more traditional gameplay. However this will most likely never happen.

We will see a re-remake of RE1 again before that happens.

It would be cool to have a follow up game on Manuela. Imagine using her combustible blood as a game mechanic or means of attack. It would be pretty rad if you ask me.

I just didn't enjoy the gameplay in those to bother going beyond the remade RE2 and 3 sections. If they rebuilt it as a prequel that would be fine I guess.

Tyrant

BSAA North America
Many casual fans dismiss these games entirely, which is frustrating when you try to explain how important they are. Skipping from CVX to RE4 feels very jarring and idk how anyone can dismiss them from a story standpoint. At least watch their cutscenes and gameplay when deciding to do a story marathon.

I would love to see these scenarios get updated for more traditional gameplay. However this will most likely never happen.

We will see a re-remake of RE1 again before that happens.

I wouldn't blame casual fans for doing that TBH. Capcom, in the quest to bring a bit of fresh air to the table each title, usually have a new starting point for each RE. That usually muddies things up. Then they later realize they need to clean stuff up and have the story make sense again. Thus, scenarios like Umbrellas End and Operation Javier exist. It's also why content like Wesker's Report and Revelations are a thing too.

But I do agree, it seems like a pipe-dream. They are both super important to the story, so I would love it if they came out as bonus scenarios for a title st some point.

Top Bottom