• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

REverse The cry for Outbreak is louder than ever

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyone else notice the cry for Outbreak is louder than ever? This isn't a bash REverse thread because there's more than enough RE to go around! But I've been browsing lots of forums and Steam and every other thread is about Outbreak. It excites me! The last time I saw the fanbase unified like this was RE:2 and that actually happened. Can they really keep denying us? It feels like now or never. REverse for better or worse may have been the straw that broke the camels back.

With the rising popularity of extraction-genre games (Tarkov, Call of Duty's DMZ, The Cycle, Dark and Darker), I could see Capcom being almost forced to capitalize on the genre by making a proper Outbreak sequel in the not too distant future with its hardcore survival horror elements. It would fit perfectly into that formula, with or without PvP.

Yama

Owner
With the rising popularity of extraction-genre games (Tarkov, Call of Duty's DMZ, The Cycle, Dark and Darker), I could see Capcom being almost forced to capitalize on the genre by making a proper Outbreak sequel in the not too distant future with its hardcore survival horror elements. It would fit perfectly into that formula, with or without PvP.
Fair enough, though I do still feel scenarios could still be done today not too differently. OB’s difficulty was ahead of its time for sure and really kept the game fresh with different placements, etc. I could only imagine official random item support, etc.

Reactions: MGr
Fair enough, though I do still feel scenarios could still be done today not too differently. OB’s difficulty was ahead of its time for sure and really kept the game fresh with different placements, etc. I could only imagine official random item support, etc.
They could, but both styles could co-exist, if not hybridized. Shouldn't be too difficult with some creative choices.

If CapCom conceded an Arab subtitles option, then I won't be as hung up about a REvisition of Outbreak File #1 and Outbreak File #2. The exclusion of an Arabic subtitles option was my #1 complaint about both the 2019 BioHazard 2 REmake and 2020 BioHazard 3 REmake!🧠🎮

Top Bottom