• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Movies That Resident Evil Netflix series...

Oh, I'm the kind of person who's open to experimentation. I love it when the author shows an alternative interpretation with his vision. But there is a difference between an author who is based on something, takes some context and considers it from his own angle, and an author who is not interested in the original source at all, so he does not work with this material. The description of this story so far occupies the second category. Will it be a good series? It's possible. I even see interesting topics that can be interesting to explore: the sins of the father, the conflict of the sisters. But who needs it under the name Resident Evil? What's the point?

Oh, I'm the kind of person who's open to experimentation. I love it when the author shows an alternative interpretation with his vision. But there is a difference between an author who is based on something, takes some context and considers it from his own angle, and an author who is not interested in the original source at all, so he does not work with this material. The description of this story so far occupies the second category. Will it be a good series? It's possible. I even see interesting topics that can be interesting to explore: the sins of the father, the conflict of the sisters. But who needs it under the name Resident Evil? What's the point?
I don't know why they insist on making RE live action always involving post-apocalypse tales. The Netflix show first description has made it clear they'll go that apocalyptic route which is almost the same way Paul Anderson movies has gone forward when Extinction came out, and though in the games RE 6 did insinuate the world was at risk of a global threat the RE games universe has never gone through that big of a global disruption.
I guess the show runners think zombie movies and tv shows have to stick to that formula of post apocalypse to have a broader appeal and be successfull (whether that assumption is misguided or not I cannot really say,)
I'll eventually watch the episodes but I am still a bit indifferent to it, maybe the show gets to include a few nods to the general RE monsters and characters without disrespecting the original source material, I know it's still produced by constantin film but maybe Capcom reps got a say on what they think the show can or cannot add from the games and more importantly with enough quality there in order to keep it from being just another generic zombie series.

At least it's a different take on the story. You know how it is when they try to make something similar and then fans complain that stuff is different, or omitted entirely. It's like you cannot please everyone either way.

Maybe William Birkin's strained relationship will be explored, involving keeping secrets with his children.

At least it's a different take on the story. You know how it is when they try to make something similar and then fans complain that stuff is different, or omitted entirely. It's like you cannot please everyone either way.

Maybe William Birkin's strained relationship will be explored, involving keeping secrets with his children.
I won´t mind if the show takes a different course from that seen on the games but if they intend to add to this story characters and monsters that were originally from the games its just better they do them justice (and what i mean by that is they have to translate to the show what makes these elements so cool in the games). Its not much to ask for good elements from the games to be there, since if thats not the case them why bother calling that a Resident Evil branded product?
Anyway, i won´t bash the show without seeing it, but i hope Capcom and Constantin Film takes it more seriously and not make it too much similar to the P.A. movies which did not care much to explain things about how RE universe works, but we´ll see...

Top Bottom