• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE4 TDC was finally mentioned in a mainstream game, proper...

I would love to have Operation Javier DLC, but that would have to be built from the ground up. I don't see it happening.

Capcom usually recycles assets. Sure, the mines in RE7 were kind of new. At least some areas were. But I don't think they would have taken an awfully long time to develop. With the mission with Leon and Krauser being in South America though, they'd have to design entirely new levels such as the jungle and the dam, and Javier's mansion.

So I don't think DLC is coming. Separate Ways may still be coming, though.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı'm coming back to this again and it doesnt seem to be mentioned but ı dont think krauser works for wesker in the new version. If he does, then this means he would have betrayed wesker later? Like none of the files or the dialogue give hints about him working for wesker. He was planning to " revive umbrella " which from my understanding became tricell in re5 until it literally became a reality starting with ucorps but they dont mention the detail about him working for wesker. They put more effort between his relationship with leon and still manage to contradict operation javier in the exact same time. I still think krauser is the worst thing in re4r from a story execution.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I still dont understand. If krauser isnt working for wesker in re4r, then who is he working for? Like what's his cover exactly? It seems to be cut from the game and unlike re2r ada and re4r luis where they are given new covers, krauser isnt even given anything in this aspect. In og game, by fighting him, leon and ada were in a way battling wesker. They even admit this for re5 where wesker's boss fight mechanics are inspired by krauser's boss fight mechanics in re4. Meanwhile re4r, just like re2r, has developers returning from re5 and rerev2 and yet it cant even connect to those games storywise. What the hell?

Meh.

I don't think Capcom really gives a shit what we think about it anyway. They took the gullible fans' money who expected everything to be announced at launch.

I was just as mad about RE8 because even though 7 is a game I don't particularly hold in high regards, I liked the DLC with Chris. It seemed interesting. They should have continued that.

I mean, I didn't like his updated model. That was totally crap. But I did like the idea of this new, blue Umbrella potentially being the bad guys, kidding on to have changed from when they were known as the Umbrella Corporation.

But nah. RE8 had to be about vampires and Ethan looking for his daughter, and Chris being a big jerk. It is a wonder I even hold onto any hope for the franchise, because that sequel was one of the worst entries to date, and my intelligence felt insulted.

Yeah. People bash on RE6, but there's nothing offensive about the game. Its funny how they honestly believe RE8 is better than 6.

The plot can only improve...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Meh.

I don't think Capcom really gives a shit what we think about it anyway. They took the gullible fans' money who expected everything to be announced at launch.

I was just as mad about RE8 because even though 7 is a game I don't particularly hold in high regards, I liked the DLC with Chris. It seemed interesting. They should have continued that.

I mean, I didn't like his updated model. That was totally crap. But I did like the idea of this new, blue Umbrella potentially being the bad guys, kidding on to have changed from when they were known as the Umbrella Corporation.

But nah. RE8 had to be about vampires and Ethan looking for his daughter, and Chris being a big jerk. It is a wonder I even hold onto any hope for the franchise, because that sequel was one of the worst entries to date, and my intelligence felt insulted.

Yeah. People bash on RE6, but there's nothing offensive about the game. Its funny how they honestly believe RE8 is better than 6.

The plot can only improve...
I still wished capcom remade re2 and re3 in the same way 2002 game got released, including even fixed camera angles style. This seems to be plan after remake but due to the game not selling enough, capcom dismissed the idea and mikami wanted to add more action into re4, just cause remake didnt sell enough. Even though they've been increasing action starting with re2 and this also continued in re3 and recv even before re4. Originally re4 was going to be even more action oriented more akin to re6 but mikami thought it was too action oriented so they decided to make that its own series rather than making it part of a spinoff series or something. I still wished dmc1 was an entry in the series and imo ı think the 1st entry for the new series should have been dmc3. Just like re6 not getting a proper sequel at any point, ı suppose re2 and re3 will never get the respect they deserved either. I hate to say this but ı think the fans of those games are minority compared to the massiveness of re4 fandom, a good portion of them only like that game but not the other entries from my understanding. No wonder they are pandering to re4 crowd with re engine cause it's the general favourite of the series.

I'm just tired of the endless milking of the IP, to be honest. We have another remake style story coming next in the form of the movie about the events of RE0. And with that recent poll, yeah, I think this will be going on for years yet.

To me, all it is really is another step backwards. And Capcom, they have nothing. All they want to do is rehash the past.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I also looked up to the game's wiki page and there's a lot of developers credited for it. It's even more than re3r where the game was outsourced to multiple companies. Re2r only shows division 1, re3r shows more developers and re4r has even more than both of them.

It's different from re7 and revillage where they are developed and published by capcom just like re5, re6 and rerev games.

Whatever the case may be, the fact Krauser’s character arc was so drastically changed has made these “RE:” games apart of their own timeline regardless how people feel about them. They would have to go reimagine REmake again to make their new canon make more sense. Even the ending to RE:3 was left pretty ambiguous. Like mentioned before, they can change how Umbrella falls apart and when Wesker dies; it doesn’t matter since this is a new canon.

This leaves the series in an awkward spot and only serves to muddle up the old timeline, since they seem to still be adding to it with Infinite Darkness and now Death Island. I don’t know what kind of director is giving the storyboard writers the green light to have parallel universes exist, but they sound insane to me. RE is becoming more like Mega Man or Zelda where there are multiple universes.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Whatever the case may be, the fact Krauser’s character arc was so drastically changed has made these “RE:” games apart of their own timeline regardless how people feel about them. They would have to go reimagine REmake again to make their new canon make more sense. Even the ending to RE:3 was left pretty ambiguous. Like mentioned before, they can change how Umbrella falls apart and when Wesker dies; it doesn’t matter since this is a new canon.

This leaves the series in an awkward spot and only serves to muddle up the old timeline, since they seem to still be adding to it with Infinite Darkness and now Death Island. I don’t know what kind of director is giving the storyboard writers the green light to have parallel universes exist, but they sound insane to me. RE is becoming more like Mega Man or Zelda where there are multiple universes.
If remake would be done in re engine, ı suppose it would keep parallel scenarios, especially since re2r's scenario system is more similar to that rather than og game or re6. I'm still wondering how lisa trevor would be handled though, there's a chance ı might be disappointed at her portrayal in re engine compared to remake and umbrella chronicles.

If remake would be done in re engine, ı suppose it would keep parallel scenarios, especially since re2r's scenario system is more similar to that rather than og game or re6. I'm still wondering how lisa trevor would be handled though, there's a chance ı might be disappointed at her portrayal in re engine compared to remake and umbrella chronicles.
They would probably make her like Mr. X and overuse her by stalking you through the mansion ;p

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
They would probably make her like Mr. X and overuse her by stalking you through the mansion ;p
If the scenarios actually connected to each other, ı could have enjoyed t-103 like in og game and darkside chronicles. But they dont and the monster appears in all 4 scenarios, it got annoying fast. At least re1 and remake featured 2 scenarios so compared to re2r's nonsense, they feel less annoying. Unless they do 4 scenarios like in re2r where they wouldnt connect at all, ı still dont think ı would find her as annoying as t-103 in re2r.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
They would have to go reimagine REmake again to make their new canon make more sense.
I'm asking another question about this but if the game would be done in re engine, do you think they would cut the relationship between ada and john? If not, change it so that ada would be revealed to be posing as fbi to manipulate from john? Since re2r changes ada's cover, ı suppose this would also carry over to remake's re engine treatment, do you agree?

They might reimagine that whole story with John so that he had a relationship with someone else. Capcom is consciously making each game more standalone and removing zapping systems so that modern gamers don’t get confused. The only tie-in I can imagine them keeping is Lisa being origin of G-Virus but even that might get removed. I would be shocked if they added anything that references RE0.

Top Bottom