• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Soundtrack Swap

Something that made my playthrough of the RE2 remake so amazing was the DLC soundtrack swap with the original soundtrack. For an old RE2 fan like me it added those extra layers of nostalgia that I needed and I was lucky to have discovered it before I played the remake.

Great news! In the RE4 remake showcase we could see this:
1666322404350.png

Hell Yes!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Is it gonna be a paid dlc? If so; ı wouldnt like that decision at all. Re engine 2 was gifted to me with all of its dlcs and ı overall sticked with soundtrack swap but it didnt feel like the themes fit to the game properly and felt awkwardly placed. It was also missing some tracks. Like ada's and sherry's themes for example. Ada's theme from re2 came back in re6 but not in re engine 2.

Capcom's becoming really greedy with re engine. All those extra canon story content as paid dlcs should have been included right from start and the games should have been designed much more around those properly like re6's campaigns.

Not a fan of costumes as paid dlcs either. Re engine 2 had plenty and ı wasnt a fan of that. They work better as unlockables ı think. I still love ada's re2 outfit brought back as ex3 costume for her in re6. It wasnt usable in the story but that never bothered me since ı usually stick with default outfits during my marathons without switching over to extra costumes that much. Re engine 2 didnt bring that nor ada's chronicles outfit from re4 mercenaries. Switching over to classic option simply causes ada to lose her coat and glasses.

Is it gonna be a paid dlc? If so; ı wouldnt like that decision at all.
It's included in the deluxe version which is $10 more. It will probably be a separate DLC too like RE2 but it isn't listed yet. In any case I'm so happy to get the soundtrack swap option that I would be willing to pay $1000 extra but it's only $10 more so I save $990 and you get to complain about something. Sounds like a win win to me :ROFLMAO:
overall sticked with soundtrack swap but it didnt feel like the themes fit to the game properly and felt awkwardly placed.
What are you talking about it was amazing, hearing those old themes transported me back in time and I never had a moment where I thought it didn't fit. I think you had it stuck in your head that the old themes couldn't possibly fit the new game and so that is what you heard when you played it.

Perhaps the difference is your first game in the series was RE6 so you didn't play RE2 back when it first released, and as a result the original soundtrack doesn't have as big of a nostalgia hit for you as it does for me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It's included in the deluxe version which is $10 more. It will probably be a separate DLC too like RE2 but it isn't listed yet. In any case I'm so happy to get the soundtrack swap option that I would be willing to pay $1000 extra but it's only $10 more so I save $990 and you get to complain about something. Sounds like a win win to me :ROFLMAO:
Well ı would have preferred if the og soundtrack was naturally included in the game like an unlockable rather than a forced paid dlc. Capcom's becoming the next ea through these microtransactions. I remember hearing some tracks from re3 being included in re engine 3 so re engine 4 would be able to do this as well.

What are you talking about it was amazing, hearing those old themes transported me back in time and I never had a moment where I thought it didn't fit. I think you had it stuck in your head that the old themes couldn't possibly fit the new game and so that is what you heard when you played it.

Perhaps the difference is your first game in the series was RE6 so you didn't play RE2 back when it first released, and as a result the original soundtrack doesn't have as big of a nostalgia hit for you as it does for me.
Sorry if ı came off as unintentionally rude but ı didnt say it was bad, ı like the brought back themes too. I said the themes felt awkwardly placed from what ı remember. Maybe ı was more annoyed by t-103's overusage during the scenarios so when its theme from og game popped out of nowhere; ı felt quite annoyed. It doesnt appear in claire's scenarios as much as leon's so that's why ı prefer claire's 1st run over the others. G-birkin killing t-103 felt incredibly satisfying to see.

Besides what does starting with re6 have anything to do with this? Sure ı started with that game and it felt very special to me but ı later on played the others before re engine 2. You dont need to play an entry before the others to grow an emotional bond to it. I played re2 and recv after re3 and yet ı grew more emotional bond to those than re3 storywise. Re6 felt quite inspired by sugimura's scripts anyway so ıdk why you said " the original soundtrack doesn't have as big of a nostalgia hit for you as it does for me. " cause it did when ı heard them through the soundtrack swap. I wished they brought back all themes cause the cut content in re engine 2 annoys me more than re engine 3's case.

If re6 can bring back ada's theme from re2; then there's no reason why re engine 2 couldnt do this either. To this day ı'm still bothered at re engine 2 cutting that track.

Last edited:
Well ı would have preferred if the og soundtrack was naturally included in the game like an unlockable rather than a forced paid dlc. Capcom's becoming the next ea through these microtransactions.
I don't mind paying a bit extra for something special like this, because they don't have to do things like this but they do. Comparing this to what EA is doing is ridiculous, EA exploits customers with pay to win microtransactions. These Resident Evil releases are very much stand alone games with some extra unnecessary features that people can buy if they want to.
Sorry if ı came off as unintentionally rude but ı didnt say it was bad, ı like the brought back themes too.
You said nothing positive and did what you usually do and replied with a long post full of complaints. You complained that the tracks didn't fit and were awkwardly placed, that tracks were missing and that you were not a fan of the costume DLCs either. I was excited about the soundtrack swap feature and posted about it and you took the wind out of my sails. An appropriate response is something like "Excellent, I'm really looking forward to it too. They didn't do that in RE3 remake so I wasn't sure if they would do it again."
Besides what does starting with re6 have anything to do with this?

Because the earliest you played RE2 was 2013 and I played it in 1998, so naturally it has more of a nostalgic impact for me. I was trying to work out why you were being so negative. Perhaps try including the things that you like along with the complaints then people won't be so confused.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I don't mind paying a bit extra for something special like this, because they don't have to do things like this but they do. Comparing this to what EA is doing is ridiculous, EA exploits customers with pay to win microtransactions. These Resident Evil releases are very much stand alone games with some extra unnecessary features that people can buy if they want to.
I disagree. Capcom's new direction starting with umbrella corps and re engine simulation aspect makes them worse than ea for me. It's their most popular franchise and reach for the moon makes them incredibly greedy due to going overboard with paid dlcs as story content. If they want to make use of " self contained " premise; then they should conclude their entries much more properly like re6 did.

You said nothing positive and did what you usually do and replied with a long post full of complaints. You complained that the tracks didn't fit and were awkwardly placed, that tracks were missing and that you were not a fan of the costume DLCs either. I was excited about the soundtrack swap feature and posted about it and you took the wind out of my sails. An appropriate response is something like "Excellent, I'm really looking forward to it too. They didn't do that in RE3 remake so I wasn't sure if they would do it again."
I wanted to criticise it cause ı dont like umbrella corps and re engine simulation aspect. I'm gonna stand by what ı said. I still like the tracks being brought back but for the given reason; ı think they are forced to the game. I think re engine 3 handles this aspect better so if it will be handled more similar to that game, they might fit.

I wanted to criticise it cause ı dont like umbrella corps and re engine simulation aspect.
This thread is about RE4 remake getting a soundtrack swap DLC with the original soundtrack and you want to criticise that because you don't like umbrella corps and re engine simulation and you think DLC like this is comparable to EAs microtransactions.

I'm just trying to post that I like that RE4 remake is getting a soundtrack swap because I enjoyed it in RE2 remake :rolleyes:

Yama

Owner
@Jacko and I were literally just celebrating this when we saw it revealed, this is such a good thing to have. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll go through everything new first and enjoy it in its own right, but that sense of nostalgia (and a master class OST) will definitely hit different. Love having the option.

Sure we all wish it was free, but if it adds to the experience and to my hours of replayability then I deem it worthy of the cost. I for one will be getting it, I think re4 has one of the best soundtracks of the series. In another thread I was talking the lack of horror in the original, but the OST is one thing that added to the horror. It was spot on and truly some of the best!

That's the beautiful thing about opinions and choices, everyone has them. The option of having soundtrack swap is nice, something that was omitted in RE:3 (though that game's OST is basically arranged from the original). If people want to even play it on their first time playthrough, I don't see any issue. Personally, I'll probably dabble around with it after a playthrough or 2 of the new soundtrack. I was already liking the snippets of what I heard in the gameplay presentation.

I really missed how it was omitted in RE3 too.

For my first playthrough of RE4 remake I will definitely be using the original soundtrack, I want maximum nostalgia for that first journey back. It was amazing doing it that way in RE2 remake, walking into the main hall of the police station and hearing that iconic music sound exactly the same as it did in 1998. So yeah then I'll do a playthrough with the new soundtrack and appreciate that too. Either way you choose to do it, I'm super pumped and it is great to have options :giggle:

Top Bottom