• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Series Theories

What theories do you have regarding the Resident Evil story? Share them with the community!

Please note this is not the place for pure fanfiction or a wish list. This is for theories that can be supported by evidence collected from the series.

We are told that the US government was Umbrella's biggest customer/sponsor when it came to bioweapons. This includes presidents and senators.

In RE6, it is revealed that The Family is a shadow organization that secretly manipulates US affairs. Many of it's members are high ranking US officials. It is also revealed that The Family are waist deep in B.O.W. development, and are largely responsible for the bombing of Raccoon City.

Perhaps The Family were behind the original collusion between the US and Umbrella? This would significantly up their importance in the RE series, considering the potential implication that they made the development of the t-Virus possible.

- - -

Mert brought this up elsewhere, but some people believe Jake may have gained powers when he injected himself with the C-Virus. This would help explain his unrealistic strength when punching J'avo to death and launching Ustanak into the air with a fist.

While Jake's antibodies inherited from his father could potentially allow him to bond with some viruses and become a super human, it is unknown if C still retains this Progenitor ability, as it has been heavily modified. You'd think he'd mention or bring up these new abilities at some point too, like Albert did in TUC when he gained his powers.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I honestly dont see why c wouldnt contain progenitor's ability of making people superhuman just cause it's mixed and modified. It still contains progenitor after all and he contains his father's antibodies so as soon as injected that syringe, he would automatically become a superhuman.

At 4:34 he holds his back and starts to think. He obviously thinks he's a superhuman after all and notices that syringe affected him. He doesnt need to tell it either, it makes sense with his personality after all even though he later on starts to have feelings for sherry and tries to care more about her.

Also during the cabin cutscene where re2 is highly referenced, he obviously has superhuman hearing. A regular human wouldnt be able to hear those sounds that the j'avos are making.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
My thoughts about jake being immune or not changed again. I think he's immune and him punching bows very easily is due to his training as a mercenary as well as him having wesker's genes. I want to say that wesker could also do a powerful melee against monsters before using birkin's t-virus strain. In the beginnings scenario, if you got grabbed by a zombie and manage to shake it off, wesker will do a powerful kick that will instantly kill the zombie. I know that you can prevent yourself from being grabbed if you are careful ( Plus it's optional similar to jake being able to suplex ustanak at the end. ) but the re6 devs definitely took chronicles games into account ( And in fact they did, cause some of re6's story is connected to operation javier. ) when creating jake. Also ı have to agree with c-virus not allowing people to become superhuman in the same way t, g, t-veronica and uroboros can cause c is a mix of 2 viruses plus it's somewhat weakened since carla obtained the t-veronica sample from manuela's body which was obtained from steve's body who was injected with a t-veronica sample that contained alexia's blood; unlike the other 4 ( Especially uroboros, despite jill's antibodies; it was still very strong and lethal virus. ) which are purely progenitor based viruses and more lethal viruses than the regular c. ( Plus c-virus monsters / bows are more easier to control as well. )

About the jake vs ustanak hand to hand fight at chp 5; there's also the factor that ustanak is weakened due to taking a lot of damage previously. ( Plus he cant regenerate, he has a lot of health to compensate for that. ) As ı said previously, jake contains wesker's genes which are one of the reasons other than his very long mercenary training why he has powerful cqc against monsters. You're not forced to do the suplex move on ustanak although it makes jake look extremely badass and is an awesome move. I dont think questioning that is really different from leon being able to suplex / bulldog ganados / zombies in re4 / re6 or chris punching bows or a boulder at the end of re5. It's rule of cool and an over the top nature of re franchise, except increased. ( Which is natural imo; the main numbered re games ( recv included , the rerev games excluded ) got more crazy / over the top starting with the next numbered entry until re7. )

Edit: Jake in chapter 2 says " I'm so glad ı was immune to that shit they gave us. " .

Also someone asked a similar question in re wiki; ı might as well copy paste it here:

Question

" So I'm a little confused as to how things played out with him in regards to his immunity to the C-virus. Sure it's a progenitor based virus but Albert Wesker wasn't exactly immune to progenitor based Viruses considering how he was effected by the experimental strain given to him by Birkin and the Uroborus he took at 5's final fight.

Was he perhaps compatible with the C-Virus or is his immune system just super strong due to his genetics and some possible mutations along the way? Were any of his abilities due to the virus he injected at the start or were they all innate? "

Answer

" The trait Albert passed down was immunity to harmful effects of viruses. Hence why he benefited from the experimental virus and the rest of the recipients did not. That genetic trait itself is a mutation. Jake did not receive any abilities from the C-virus. "

Last edited:
In terms of plot points the one i think really needs to be adressed as soon as possible is Ada Wong. One interesting idea to kickstart RE 8 would be Ada suddenly sending a message to Leon asking him to meet her and he ends up arriving to witness her being killed by new bows, but retrieves some data that directs him to the organization responsible for these bows...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think vendetta takes place in 2016. Saw this comment in re wiki which ı agree with; let me copy paste it here:

a27d24_162111ce69334272b3f1623e620c6a1c~mv2.jpg

It's a bit of a reach around in terms of placing a timeline... But I can confirm the events take place around 2016!

Remember when I said there was an article or something that made me think it was set in 2016? It was because of the promotion this film has with Ducati! The exact model of bike Leon is given to ride in the film is a Ducati XDiavel, this model was new and set for release in 2016.

I know, I know, it's not an in-universe explanation of the exact timeline Vendetta takes place on, but unless we get news in the future detailing a more precise time and date, I think this model of bike is our only proper guess at the moment... "

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Oh boy; this thread is very old! But a theory popped into my head recently.

Let me copy paste that since ı posted this elsewhere:

This is somewhat a theory of mine but after replaying re2, darkside chronicles, re6 and re2 remake multiple times as well as reading files and other supplemental material related to these games; ı think it's possible for the g-virus to have more infection range similar to t-virus and c-virus if some genious crazy scientist manages to modify it in a way so that it becomes a gas strain. Of course this would never really happen in a future re game since g-virus is kinda outdated in black market due to c-virus that's continously mutating which is implied to make c-vaccine obselete in the files.

But regardless; ı'll explain:

You see; other than g mutants like birkin and curtis, g-virus can create g zombies if injected into corpses; one of the files in re6 even talks about this. These monsters were supposed to appear in darkside chronicles but they were cut.

This applies to c-virus as well since it contains g-virus; if any c strain would be injected into a corpse; it would become a c zombie that you fight in leon's and ada's campaigns. In leon's chapter 2 and 3 as well as ada's chapter 2; some of the nude zombies you fight are actually created that way by simmons' men. You even came across some dead corpses in leon's chapter 3 which are test subjects that became zombies who died by simmons' men. So c gas isnt the only way to create those zombies in re6. Though the gas' differences compared to injection into a corpse is gas can turn people who arent dead into zombies unlike injection that can only turn a corpse into zombie.

So going with this info; ı think this special gas g-virus strain can behave similar to the gas in re6 and turn people as well corpses into g zombies.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think the reason why leon's so silent in degeneration is due to the fact that he couldnt complete his night with ada after the events of re4. ( They talk about this in damnation and director confirms this. ) Not to mention ada doesnt even appear in the movie. That would explain his behaviour.

Though ı still find him boring in there compared to his other appearances.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think jake might be able to gain powers from enhanced c-virus if he injected that type of strain onto himself. Mainly cause it's extremely strengthened variant of the c-virus. ( Which is made of 2 weakened viruses so that's why he didnt gain any powers from it at the start of his campaign. ) Granted this would never happen cause he's nothing like his father but ı was thinking about the situation.

Is anyone worried about Barry and Claire's safety? Dusk Golem mentioned that Alex Wesker is returning, so that doesn't sound good for her actual carers. Right?

Chris is obviously acting enraged as well. Nobody does that over nothing. It's keeping me in suspense, though.

I just... cannot see the series without Claire. Can you? ?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The reason why simmons and the family didnt know any info about jake until 2009-2012 is cause of ada.

Was thinking about this and it's possible ada hid him and his mom from the family organization.

I mean she knew of jake being wesker's son with her " Wesker junior. " statement in china.

The report found in submarine doesnt include any info about this so ı've come to the conclusion that ada learned of jake being wesker's son through some means in 1990s.

The family not knowing this for a long time isnt surprising since ada herself cut all the contact with simmons after 1998 and the family couldnt learn of her locations for a long time.

Interestingly; the family learned of ada's location after 2009 when she wanted to investigate the family. ( Simmons contacting to ada while keeping his identity a secret in damnation's events. )

The same year when jake participated in a conflict in south america and 3 years later; they wanted to start an investigation.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Svetlana's secretary is a spy working for simmons.

He might be one of the reasons why ada managed to pose as a bsaa advisor plus the european headquarters appearing to be hushed up.

I got the idea that he told svetlana the info about ada not being a bsaa operative on a specific time at purpose so that she can get captured easily and have access to the hidden facility where plaga parasites are stored.

I mean he never tries to call some backup when ada and svetlana are fighting.

Not to mention; he's the one who introduces ada to svetlana.

I wonder if he's arrested just like svetlana or managed to escape to report info to simmons.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The reason why simmons and the family didnt know any info about jake until 2009-2012 is cause of ada.

Was thinking about this and it's possible ada hid him and his mom from the family organization.

I mean she knew of jake being wesker's son with her " Wesker junior. " statement in china.

The report found in submarine doesnt include any info about this so ı've come to the conclusion that ada learned of jake being wesker's son through some means in 1990s.

The family not knowing this for a long time isnt surprising since ada herself cut all the contact with simmons after 1998 and the family couldnt learn of her locations for a long time.

Interestingly; the family learned of ada's location after 2009 when she wanted to investigate the family. ( Simmons contacting to ada while keeping his identity a secret in damnation's events. )

The same year when jake participated in a conflict in south america and 3 years later; they wanted to start an investigation.
I want to add more to this. At the secret ending of re6; jake is shown protecting a kid from bows. You unlock that ending by finishing ada's campaign. Instead of giving ada an epilogue like others; they wanted to make jake do the same thing ada did for him and his mom, protecting him from wesker and the family. This is a very genious move since not only does this keep ada mysterious which is important cause she's a spy and carla and neo umbrella announced her name to public, it also humanizes jake even more. So this hints even more that ada protected him.

In a way; ada doing this for jake is a reference to re2 where she locked the save room sherry was in with master key that you can obtain as leon. If ada didnt care for the lives of other people; then she wouldnt have done this. Ada is a straight up hero. I remember seeing news bot even mentioning ada being a hero instead of anti hero / anti villain and he's right.

Top Bottom